Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Pop Ups Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Who is happy with their VITA?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-46 of 46 posts in this discussion
Posted on Apr 22, 2012 1:30:54 PM PDT
Paper Tiger says:
It's hard not to be happy with the Vita other than the memory card prices. I love it and once it has new RPGs it will be the best handheld IMO. Still happy I have both new gen handhelds though.

Posted on Apr 22, 2012 1:38:20 PM PDT
I love mine. Have played Motorstorm RC and Golden Abyss a lot.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 22, 2012 1:40:38 PM PDT
That was funny, Saska. I was trying to be nice! ;)

Btw, are you sharing the Vita with your kiddo? Mine likes watching me play Escape Plan on occasion, and then replaying some of the first levels himself. Other than that, though, we're currently on a huge Mario kick in our house.

Posted on Apr 22, 2012 2:02:42 PM PDT
saskamazon says:
I had the visual image of the "custom" options & couldn't help but chuckle over it ....

my kiddo plays Escape Plan, Mutant Blobs .. put a few minis on as well. he's pretty into Nintendogs at the moment ... we also played the new Skylanders levels ... nice addition. really looing fwd to the new 2D Mario .... that will of course be a Day 1 ....

Posted on Apr 22, 2012 2:04:29 PM PDT
Pick 34 says:
Traded in my 360 and games for it, and it's an awesome machine. Uncharted was so was motorsotrm. Can't wait for resistance, assassins creed, and the bioshock exclusive game to come out for it. E3 should be fun as far as vita is concerned.

Posted on Apr 22, 2012 2:41:50 PM PDT
I am happy overall with my Vita but Sony is making it difficult for me to be *really* happy about it. Things like demanding I download a technically faulty update, large patch files and Sony trying to get out of delivering the content they promised drag down the quality of the Vita gameplay experience. I want to play games, not stare at progress bars and emails from their customer service department. It's a nice piece of hardware, the screen is sexy and it supports easy-to-use dev tools. That said, the appeal of a video game system is in the software and right now there is not a whole lot that stands out. Sony made sure the Vita had a wide selection of games at launch and then the software started to trickle.

I suppose that Hot Shots and ModNation Racers are really appealing if you are new to the PlayStation brand but if you have played these games on earlier systems then there isn't much that you haven't already seen and in the case of MNR the PSP version is actually superior. I plunked down nearly $900 on Vita stuff during the launch week. I didn't drop that much cash for online multi-player waking up action in Wakeup Club or a paint app that is somehow missing an eraser tool. I want games. Good games, not ports of games I already played 4-6 years ago.

Rumor has it that Sony is cooking up a bunch of awesome games and so I remain optimistic. As it stands right now I think the Vita will have a successful run and even be profitable for Sony. I just don't think it will surpass the 3DS in market share.

Posted on Apr 22, 2012 2:52:25 PM PDT
JJ350 says:
A launch is always like that. There is the "launch rush" when developers frantically try to release games for a system launch, followed by a quiet period where there isn't much released for while, followed by a "second wave" of new high quality system selling titles released from the summer till the end of the year, by then the quality becomes more stable and you have a consistant flow of good games, or at the very least a good selection.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 22, 2012 2:54:41 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 22, 2012 6:02:35 PM PDT
E. Vanecek says:
I am still playing my vita about every day, despite the current lull in new games coming out for it, which was to be expected. I see some people complaining about it being uncomfortable to hold, but I have no problems and think its one of the most ergonomically designed handhelds I've had, I prefer it a lot more than the block shape of the 3ds which I also got at launch but have only gotten ocarina of time and super mario 3d land for so far, it's mostly collecting dust. I actually think it's a lot easier to aim in Uncharted golden abyss than it is on Uncharted 3, using the analog stick for the most part but then being able to use the motion sensor to make slight adjustments works really well; I'm hoping this method of aiming becomes the standard for future vita shooters.

As to the current lull in new vita releases, it has given me the chance to load up my Vita with PSP games. If you've never owned a PSP and especially if you are into rpgs, there are enough to keep you content for a very long time. I've currently got Final Fantasy Tactics, Tactics Ogre, Disgaea, legend of heroes: tales of the sky, and ClaDun. I'm going to be busy for quite a while.

Posted on Apr 22, 2012 3:51:32 PM PDT
Mike Snyder says:
I'm happy enough with mine, and I'm getting a little more used to the controls. It still feels a little awkward, but at least I'm no longer trying to "click" the right thumbstick as though it was a button. That was a big problem for me at first.

So far, I've only played a ways into Uncharted: Golden Abyss. I have four other games for the system, and one thing that disappoints me is that they aren't releasing physical instruction booklets. There's a little holder in the case for them, but absolutely nothing inside but the game card. Just for collecting, I like paperwork because it makes the package feel complete. So that's a shame.

I'm also disappointed that there is no option to play my extensive PSP UMD collection short of re-purchasing them digitally. It would be nice if there was some kind of official disc drive attachment where you could load a UMD onto the Vita's memory card for on-the-go play. But *that's* not going to happen.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 22, 2012 4:11:23 PM PDT
"one thing that disappoints me is that they aren't releasing physical instruction booklets. There's a little holder in the case for them, but absolutely nothing inside but the game card. Just for collecting, I like paperwork because it makes the package feel complete. So that's a shame."

I agree. I was very sad to discover that--especially when they have the damned manual clip built into the case.

Posted on Apr 22, 2012 4:50:04 PM PDT
Aku says:
Got mine charging up for the first time in over a month. I was ABOUT to play some Rayman or Escape Plan, then I thought, "You know, Resident Evil Revelations has had some cooldown time, why don't you start playing it again?" And then I did.

Posted on Apr 22, 2012 4:54:09 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 22, 2012 5:04:06 PM PDT
saskamazon says:
the silver lining to the manual loss is ~ this way, you always have a mint condition digital manual at your finger tips .... used games are often missing their manuals, or are in tatters ... I also was let down when I opened my 1st Vita game to discover no manual .... but, this is more environmentally friendly.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 22, 2012 4:59:43 PM PDT
It's cheap. That's what it is.

But I always admire your silver-lining thinking, Saska.
Your reply to Classic Game Girl & Bibliophile's post:
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)

Posted on Apr 22, 2012 5:07:00 PM PDT
saskamazon says:
lol - yes, they are becoming cheap .... I was thrilled to get Catherine with the artbook - adds a nice touch to owning it. wonder if soon even the PS3 manuals will be digital as opposed to physical. that would be a let down.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 22, 2012 5:14:32 PM PDT
Yeah, it's possible that will happen with even more systems in the future, but I hope not. I'm very curmudgeonly about the manual issue.

Posted on Apr 22, 2012 5:26:48 PM PDT
Killerxlr says:
I'm a simple person who just buys systems for games and not their specs so when when I heard Blazblue Continum Shift Extend was a launch title and Persona 4: The Golden was in development for it I just had to get it. Now I am looking forward to Gravity Rush after playing the Demo so I am very satisfied with my Vita purchase.

Posted on Apr 22, 2012 5:43:58 PM PDT
Nani says:
I'm happy with mine. The games I own are great: Uncharted, Rayman, Unit 13, among others. The screen is bigger than the PSP, and i liked that. Even the internet browser is better. Actually, I am posting this from my Vita. The system itself is strong that it seems. I drop it several times, and still works, and I don't have a cover for it. I like the Netflix app, and Near.

One thing I don't liked is that the two stickers with the serial numbers peeled from the system.

Posted on Apr 22, 2012 6:21:37 PM PDT
UnderDogs says:
I wasn't sure if I wanted to pick up the Vita in the beginning. I was thinking of waiting for a price drop but being an early adopter I decided to pick one up and I'm glad I did. The Vita is one of the best system's out there and I couldn't be happier. I have a huge PS3 backlog so I'm fine with there not being too many launch titles so it worked out perfectly for me.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 23, 2012 6:16:29 AM PDT
PacinoBully says:
"I'm pretty unhappy with my Vita. Most of the time, it doesn't exist; even those few times it does, it's only ever in a tenuous possible future."

What are you trying to say? This makes no sense...
I should have copies your whole post. This makes no sense at all really.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 23, 2012 6:22:43 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 23, 2012 6:22:55 AM PDT
He doesn't own one yet.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 23, 2012 9:28:46 AM PDT
Well, at least somebody here has reading comprehension that surpasses a grade schooler's--you do wonder sometimes. Thank you for the interpretation.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
PC Gaming: i5-6600K or i7-6700K? 44 24 minutes ago
Your Top Ten Favorite Games? 3 51 minutes ago
4K HDR TV shopping 3 53 minutes ago
OT: Hillary Clinton has escaped prosecution more times than El Chapo 10 53 minutes ago
OT: Ghostbuster 2016, what went wrong 66 1 hour ago
Name as many crossovers as you would like to see, all media formats if you choose 0 3 hours ago
OT: looks like whoever closed out the main OT got banned spamming it to death so I guess this is the new main OT 3942 3 hours ago
Microsoft exclusive ReCore is superb fun and just what the Xbox One needs 153 4 hours ago
Top 5 New IPs This Gen 79 4 hours ago
Weekend Gaming Thread 7/29 - 7/31: Imagine something overly witty written here comically reflecting on the events of the past week. 64 5 hours ago
Rate the last videogame you bought. 14 5 hours ago
Overwatch discussion thread 3313 6 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  29
Total posts:  46
Initial post:  Apr 22, 2012
Latest post:  Apr 23, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions