Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Crytek: 'Not a Fat Chance' , Re: Crysis 3 coming to Wii-U.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-38 of 38 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Apr 25, 2012 9:49:12 AM PDT
JJ4prez says:
Could be.

But that also could mean that he did have experience with the controller - just not with Crysis 3 obviously.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 25, 2012 9:53:27 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 25, 2012 10:00:57 AM PDT
Kr155 says:
I dont know that I nessesarily trust a blogger to give a quote that acuratly depicts someones statement. I meant the entirety of the quote is "not a fat chance". Not exactly not exactly ground breaking journalism

There is absolutly no context. now we know how the internet is with rumors. you can just say "no" till your blue in the face and they wont die. and bloggers like kotaku will still post rumor after rumor. Maybe he ment to clarify that he does in fact mean no, and he's not trying to say "nintendo sucks"

He only comes off as a nintendo hater because the blog writer wrote it to make him sound like a nintendo hater.

Posted on Apr 25, 2012 9:58:15 AM PDT
Kin-foot says:
But you don't have to use the monster controller tablet thing. Nintendo has been very clear that your current Wii-mote work just fine.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 25, 2012 1:28:04 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 25, 2012 1:29:28 PM PDT
got mayo?™ says:
Problem with that, as with the Move, is not everyone is willing to additionally provide those controls on their FPS. Its extra work, and in many ways...with assists...you have to nerf the original concept.

The tablet controller is actually the same as any analog controller, sans the screen and the extra UI work needed with that.

It just sounds to me the timing was wrong , they are a smaller studio and fairly new to console development. Look at Darksiders 2. That game is due to ship elsewhere before the Wii U launch. Not all 3rd parties are lining up to accomadate Nintendo and its user base of Zero atm with this thing.

It'll probably take until the end of 2013 for you to see the Wii U as part of every notable multiplatform release schedule. Right now though, games are being made and they have to ship to where the customers for them are at.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 25, 2012 1:48:09 PM PDT
Soulshine says:
|SLIM CHANCE ENGAGED|

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 25, 2012 2:11:32 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 25, 2012 2:16:40 PM PDT
Robert Daicy says:
These days? Nintendo's third party support has been minimal since the N64. Everyone keeps hoping that the Wii-U will mark a return of good games outside of Nintendo, but so far, we really only have games that are going to be ported over after they are already out on PS3/360. Probably the fact that Wii-U is more comparable to the currant systems is a good reason why, as developers are now starting to look towards the next generation while the Wii-U has current gen technology. Not a Nintendo hater either, but I have been disappointed time and again with their lack of good games outside the ones they actually make.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 25, 2012 2:15:21 PM PDT
Robert Daicy says:
Although I agree with your statement about Nintendo titles being worth 10x more than something like Crysis, I have to admit, I'm getting sick of playing Mario and Zelda games. Blasphemy I know, but its time for something besides Mario Kart 7, Mario Party 9, and Zelda (I don't know, 15?).

Posted on Apr 25, 2012 2:15:59 PM PDT
JWK says:
Crysis 3 actually being on the Wii U would be a much more surprising announcement.

Crysis 3 WON'T be on a Nintendo console?! *gasp!* Who expected it to?

Posted on Apr 25, 2012 2:36:44 PM PDT
Benpachi says:
Good, I don't want Crytek stinking up my Nintendo with their tech demos they call games.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 25, 2012 2:55:22 PM PDT
user22 says:
At least Nintendo's franchises stretch out over console generations dating back to the 1980's, whereas games like Assassin's Creed for example is going on 5 games over the past 5 years. Besides, Nintendo continues to innovate from title to title. There may be 15 or so Zelda games, but not any of them are much like the others.

Posted on Apr 25, 2012 2:59:23 PM PDT
Zen Kaizoku says:
Have any of you considered that Crytek may have signed an NDA? (Non-Disclosure Agreement). It seems a bit funny to me that of all things he says, he chooses to say something as unprofessional as "Fat chance". Maybe Nintendo doesn't want the cat out of the bag yet and would prefer instead to have a surprise announcement at E3. Perhaps the same is true for RE6 among many others.

Crytek have already gone on record to say that their engine is running on the Wii-U, which would suggest they have dev-kits. So a developer has the dev-kits for an up and coming console, tested their engine on it - making what pray tell? The evidence that something more is going on is building steadily, either way only time will tell. E3 is quickly approaching, just over a month to go.

Posted on Apr 25, 2012 3:17:00 PM PDT
Remember, Crysis 1 will NEVER be on PS3/360. Right?

Whether C3 ends up on Wii U probably depends a lot more on how many people actually own a Wii U in one or two years than on any technological barrier.

Posted on Apr 25, 2012 4:11:31 PM PDT
jSten says:
'Not a Fat Chance'

Reminds me of this guy at the state fair selling deep fried fudge brownies. "These have not ONE calorie!" With heavy emphasis on ONE.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Sonic Mania - A brand new 2D Sonic game 23 1 second ago
Sony is the only one that lack any money making IP's 67 51 seconds ago
Ouch! Gamestop Now Offering $200.00 Trade For PS4 And $50.00 For Xbox One. 3 5 minutes ago
GUILTY!!! 9 12 minutes ago
OT: #DNCLEAKS i'll leave this here, since 52 13 minutes ago
OT: Democratic National Convention and the rest of the stink coming out of Philadelphia this week 8 15 minutes ago
Another 180 By Microsoft. Microsoft Changes Services Agreement: Xbox To Require Sign-in To Maintain Gamertag 13 16 minutes ago
OT: Honest Question: Why does everyone have to get so nasty with each other? 60 19 minutes ago
OT: Republican National Convention and the rest of the stink coming out of Cleveland this week. 1207 24 minutes ago
Just Demoed PSVR At Best Buy 49 55 minutes ago
Is Sony too broke to innovate? 35 1 hour ago
Weekend Gaming 7/22-7/24 71 1 hour ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  23
Total posts:  38
Initial post:  Apr 25, 2012
Latest post:  Apr 25, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions