Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

David Jaffe says the next-gen consoles will be the last

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-36 of 36 posts in this discussion
Posted on Jun 13, 2012 7:03:25 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 13, 2012 7:03:48 PM PDT
Matthew says:
Personally I think consoles will always be around, even hundreds of years from now. They'l just be a little different and perhaps smaller than what they are now.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2012 7:03:29 PM PDT
"People foolishly think that everything that exists now exists forever."

You know that doesn't really help your argument, right? :-)

Posted on Jun 13, 2012 9:12:39 PM PDT
I think consoles will go away sadly, and gaming will become "here is a house, pay $1.99 to open door". You won't have a choice really if you want to play new games, they will monitize everything, just be ready to stop playing new games I guess.

Posted on Jun 13, 2012 9:18:30 PM PDT
It's ironically idiotic when you hear people say how the Iphones or Ipads or tablets will takeover the movie and gaming industry. I've yet to see anyone watch a movie all the way to the end on a phone or tablet and the same for games. So I find it extremely unlikely these two products will takeover anything of this nature.

Posted on Jun 13, 2012 9:21:54 PM PDT
Looking at his photo on the site he's obviously drunk/stoned or mentally challenged, with that kind of face though it's anyone's guess.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2012 9:33:40 PM PDT
McAwesomeo says:
He hasn't had anything to do with that series in YEARS. Since the first one, I believe. That's as far as his involvement went. I don't know why they keep interviewing Jaffe except maybe that the people writing the interview think it's hilarious.

Posted on Jun 13, 2012 9:58:14 PM PDT
MightyMork says:
This was said last generation about this generation.

Posted on Jun 13, 2012 10:18:03 PM PDT
Etc says:
In the end, I think the "console market" will shift completely towards portable devices which can be sync'd or hooked up to a big screen tv, but this will be further down the line than 10 years.

Posted on Jun 13, 2012 11:12:17 PM PDT
Solidus says:
David Jaffe is DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!

Posted on Jun 14, 2012 12:33:12 AM PDT
Jacob Wunder says:
I don't see the advantages of streaming your games. I don't see how PC's would replace consoles either. PC gaming still has the same strengths/weaknesses its always had, and that doesn't seem about to change in the next ten years. This guy is just a knucklehead who likes the attention he can get by making an outrageous statement.

Posted on Jun 14, 2012 4:04:57 AM PDT
I can barely get a decent enough wireless connection IN MY HOUSE to watch Netflix on my ipad. We are a LONG way away from streaming games to the mainstream US unless some drastic changes are made to the infrastructure. At peak hours I'm back in 1997 in terms of my internet speeds. And I don't live in South Dakota.

Oh and Jaffe is a very large tool.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Microsoft and their console 3 45 seconds ago
Snowflake's (D. Snow) Necrobumping 84 53 seconds ago
Microsoft's Xbox One Is Selling So Poorly Retailers Are Getting Desperate 705 3 minutes ago
Odin Sphere Leifthrasir: My Review 7 5 minutes ago
Scorpio is 18 months away. Until then, XBox One is still a slow disappointing piece of chit 41 11 minutes ago
OT: I upgraded from iPhone to Galaxy and I'm so glad I did 103 13 minutes ago
Ot: Hillary: I'll Fix Obama's Lousy Economy By Applying More Of His Failed Policies 7 17 minutes ago
PSN flash sale incoming today 81 26 minutes ago
Weekend gaming 06/24 - 06/26: Obama criticisizes publication of top fast food in conjunction with E3 conference. "We already have an obesity epidemic, the last thing I need is Phil Spencer encouraging people to shovel down Chick Fil A waffle fries." 46 1 hour ago
OT: Britain says "I'm out....So wish me luck." to the EU 346 1 hour ago
CDC Study on Gun Violence DESTROYS Obama's New Gun Control Push 57 1 hour ago
Amazon sell out of Halo Wars 2 Ultimate Edition/ Skyrim Special Edition (Remaster) 3 1 hour ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  26
Total posts:  36
Initial post:  Jun 13, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 14, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions