Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Periphery Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Most disappointing Collector's Edition

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-64 of 64 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jun 27, 2012 1:44:13 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 27, 2012 1:44:50 PM PDT
DVvM says:
I honestly prefer a soundtrack download to a CD. The CD would just get ripped to my computer and never used again, anyway.

Plus, with a download you can give people the uncompressed original files, and let them convert them to a lossier format if they want.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 27, 2012 1:54:47 PM PDT
I expected a game I would enjoy, I was dissappoint.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 27, 2012 1:55:40 PM PDT
DVvM says:
I really, really like Mass Effect 3.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 27, 2012 1:56:06 PM PDT
StriderNeo15 says:
Me too DV, Punk is just crazy.

Posted on Jun 27, 2012 1:57:53 PM PDT
Ice King says:
Another reason people rush to get the collector's editions is sometimes they really are limited and if you miss the chance you won't get it again. Sure, most of them come back in stock but no one wants to skip the one that truly is never sold again.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 27, 2012 2:00:44 PM PDT
JWK says:
Interesting that EA has the lion's share of these "worst CE" entries.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 27, 2012 3:51:58 PM PDT
FV says:
No it's not like the lied. The size of the book is what I think has people disappointed. They didn't really specify the size of the book, and every picture of it was misleading. I knew what I was getting though, and as I pointed out in my first post I know that I got $20 of merchandise, it just wasn't the quality I quite expected.

Posted on Jun 27, 2012 5:34:32 PM PDT
mjc0961 says:
Haven't really gotten many, but of the few I did get, Mass Effect 2 takes the cake. First off, the game comes in a crappy steelbook with no disc release buttons. You have to pry the discs out and pray that they don't break. I ended up buying a cheap, empty Mass Effect 2 regular edition case to use instead so I don't fears snapping the discs in half trying to take them out anymore. Then you get an artbook. Whoopee! Flipped through it once, never looked at it again. Same with the making of DVD. I think that's about it in terms of stuff it comes with. The only good thing I got out of it was the in-game Collector assault rifle. Yeah, that's it. An in-game item was the only good thing about the ME2 Collector's Edition. And the ME3 one is basically the same crap again, so this time, I skipped it and went for the regular version.

Yeah, you could say that it was advertised properly and thus I shouldn't complain, but you asked what my most disappointing CE was and I gave you an answer. I really think EA missed the point of a CE anyway. It's supposed to have collectibles, something you can show off. What am I supposed to do with ME2, launch the game and show people my awesome gun? No thanks. At least with LBP2 I have a little Sackboy plush and Duke Nukem Forever (CE of that was a gift) has a small Duke bust. I can't even use the now-empty steelcase as a "look at this stuff" shelf item because it's just got a boring pic of Shepard on one side and a boring pic of a Collector on the other. Snore.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 27, 2012 5:37:24 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 27, 2012 5:42:21 PM PDT
mjc0961 says:
Skyward Sword with the gold remote wasn't a CE, it was a bundle of the game and a controller. And if you had a broken controller you should have contacted Nintendo to get it replaced. I never understand this nonsense people pull. "I got a broken one so it sucks!" No, you suck; nothing in this world is going to have a 0% failure rate, you might be unlucky and get one of the bad ones now and then. So stop whining and get it repaired or replaced you ninny. You can complain about the low quality if your replacement is also broken or breaks quickly, but getting a single bad unit means nothing.

Posted on Jun 27, 2012 5:52:32 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 27, 2012 5:52:46 PM PDT
Astro says:
I would have to say the RE5 collecters edition was. It came with a making of dvd (that was super short) a ugly steelbook and a cheap necklace and a baf that would most likely rop if you put a small book in.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 28, 2012 6:52:47 AM PDT
I'll get back to it I'm sure, I'm playing through ME1 again now that I have a 360, I'll probably enjoy it and want to carry Commander Elayne Shepard all the way through the story.

Posted on Jun 28, 2012 7:51:27 AM PDT
I'm surprised no one mentioned Dark souls CE. Granted it was a free upgrade for the preorders but later they resold it here on amazon for the regular price.

Posted on Jun 28, 2012 9:01:51 AM PDT
Bionix01 says:
DEAD SPACE 2 all day. My buddy got it thank god i didnt

Posted on Jun 28, 2012 9:14:10 AM PDT
FallenMarvel says:
Marvel Vs. Capcom 3: Special Edition

Bought it at Wal-Mart. I just happened to be there and I had the money so I said, "what the hey?" $69.99 Special Steel Case, DLC Code for 2 extra characters, Redemption code for Marvel Digital Comics Unlimited, & Exclusive Comic Book Tie-In to the game. Bought it, took it home, comic Book and both redemption codes were missing. Wal-Mart wouldn't take it back had to contact Capcom to get missing stuff. Got codes like a week later, never received the comic book. On top of that the game sucked. Never buying another game from Wal-Mart and it will be a very, very long while before I buy another Capcom product as well.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
OT: looks like whoever closed out the main OT got banned spamming it to death so I guess this is the new main OT 3938 7 minutes ago
OT: Ghostbuster 2016, what went wrong 64 14 minutes ago
Microsoft exclusive ReCore is superb fun and just what the Xbox One needs 153 37 minutes ago
4K HDR TV shopping 2 59 minutes ago
Top 5 New IPs This Gen 79 1 hour ago
Weekend Gaming Thread 7/29 - 7/31: Imagine something overly witty written here comically reflecting on the events of the past week. 64 1 hour ago
Rate the last videogame you bought. 14 1 hour ago
Your Top Ten Favorite Games? 1 1 hour ago
Overwatch discussion thread 3313 2 hours ago
So just got Pokemon Y and I have a few questions for the pokemon crowd. 29 2 hours ago
OT: Hillary Clinton has escaped prosecution more times than El Chapo 9 3 hours ago
OT: It's Going to be Great When Hillary Clinton Wins the Election 404 3 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  33
Total posts:  64
Initial post:  Jun 26, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 28, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions