Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Nielsen : Most-anticipated console games of 2012 by platform

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 77 posts in this discussion
Posted on Apr 13, 2012 7:13:46 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 13, 2012 7:15:46 AM PDT
PacinoBully says:
Personally, only games I see there that I want are AC 3, Bioshock Infinite, RE 6, Halo 4, and Epic Mickey 2. All of which I will wait until they are dirt cheap due to backlog issues. Sorry publishers/developers, your games are too expensive.

Edit: Where the heck are all the PS3 exclusives!?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 13, 2012 7:14:51 AM PDT
Mine are definitely Hitman Absolution, Diablo 3, Risen 2, Borderlands 2, and GTAV.

Posted on Apr 13, 2012 7:16:56 AM PDT
K Archer says:
Wait...where'd all the good games go?

I love polling the masses...gets you nowhere in terms of gaming...

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 13, 2012 7:48:24 AM PDT
I think "The Last Guardian comes out in 2012" is awfully optimistic. I want it to, but I don't think it will.

Posted on Apr 13, 2012 7:53:56 AM PDT
Soulshine says:
I always get the feeling that Nielsen was good at its job of gauging consumer interest back when they were tallying up Johnny Carson's ratings.

Nowadays, not so much.

Posted on Apr 13, 2012 7:54:06 AM PDT
Sisyphus says:
Nobody anticipating god of war 4? Just cause they haven't announced it yet.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 13, 2012 7:57:20 AM PDT
JWK says:
Hi-oooooooooooo!!

Posted on Apr 13, 2012 7:58:21 AM PDT
Lucanus says:
2012 for me is all about Xeno and Last Story.

Posted on Apr 13, 2012 8:04:33 AM PDT
M. McFly says:
Well these lists should sum up why the video game industry is in such a rough spot.
Bioshock only game i care about and not even sure if it is a day one purchase anymore.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 13, 2012 8:42:51 AM PDT
Jason says:
As a Wii, PS3 and 360 owner....

I'm only looking forward to Halo 4 this year with any sort of "excitement."

Nearly all the rest of these games I will pick up in 2013 after the price drops to a point that is actually worth purchasing them. Halo 4, I'll probably pick up 2 copies of that on release. All the rest can wait since I'm just now picking up most of the 2011 games I skipped while waiting on price drops (they aren't worth $60). I picked up Dead Island and God of War 3 (both PS3) this past weekend....used....for cheap. I also picked up Fallout 3 GOTY and Portal 2 for the Xbox (both were new). I still have lots of 2008-2011 games I want to buy and play.

I'll pick up Black Ops 2 on release as well......most likely for the xbox to start out (eventually get a copy for both consoles). That is the only game besides Halo 4 that I'll consider paying $60 for and, even then, the only reason to buy early is because of online multiplayer.......(my buddies will dump the last COD/Halo).

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 13, 2012 8:45:22 AM PDT
>>is that really all Sony has for us this year?<<

No... You forgot Sly Cooper, Sorcery..

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 13, 2012 8:47:29 AM PDT
Lucanus says:
Sly Cooper, rehash.

J/K, I love the Sly series. However Sorcery looks terrible. It maybe better than Star Wars Kinect, but not by much.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 13, 2012 8:51:21 AM PDT
I really hope Sorcery is good. Sony can really use a hit for the Move.

Posted on Apr 13, 2012 8:52:43 AM PDT
Lucanus says:
The Move certainly could use a good game, but I have my doubts about Sorcery. I think the Move will work great with the game, I just think the actual game will be blah. I don't expect much from it, though hopefully I will be pleasantly surprised.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 13, 2012 8:56:29 AM PDT
Sorcery definitely is not my kind of game, and I will most likely won't be getting it (Unless my older boy asks for it), but from the available gameplay videos I don't know how can you say it looks "terrible"..
From what I've seen, it looks really cool.

Posted on Apr 13, 2012 8:58:55 AM PDT
Kirksnowsion says:
Barring The Last Guardian (not that it's a set in stone 2012 release anyway), I'm more interested in the PS3 console exclusive downloadables on the platform - Journey, Retro/Grade, Papo & Yo, Closure, Ibb & Obb, and some others I'm forgetting.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 13, 2012 9:00:28 AM PDT
Did you play the Closure demo? Very interesting.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 13, 2012 9:01:20 AM PDT
Harmicky says:
Very few people will get this. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 13, 2012 9:07:50 AM PDT
Yes, I did forget these. Thankfully I have you here.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 13, 2012 9:08:34 AM PDT
Kirksnowsion says:
I haven't yet, unfortunately. I've had it downloaded for a probably a week now, but have been pretty busy as of late. I'll hopefully get a chance to try it out this weekend.

Interesting, you say? What about enjoyable? Fun?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 13, 2012 9:18:36 AM PDT
JWK says:
Really? That makes me feel old. Even though Johnny was before my time, still... feeling old here.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 13, 2012 9:23:20 AM PDT
Harmicky says:
Nah, I'm only 25 and I know the reference. It's not a matter of age, it's a matter of being cultured. ;)
Your reply to Harmicky's post:
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)

Posted on Apr 13, 2012 9:29:39 AM PDT
I want to see most anticipated handheld games of 2012 between Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo.

Posted on Apr 13, 2012 9:32:30 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 13, 2012 9:37:50 AM PDT
"According to the results, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 gamers aren't interested in any new intellectual property but are instead looking forward to blockbuster sequels from well-established franchises."

the interest is there, however, the craftsmanship (of a new intellectual property) not so much.

sequels for really awesome games > debuts for really ****** ones.

but that's not pillow talk for "don't bother", just try harder.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 13, 2012 9:42:30 AM PDT
WesCyde says:
Kind of suprised Starhawk would not be listed under the PS3
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  42
Total posts:  77
Initial post:  Apr 12, 2012
Latest post:  Apr 13, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions