Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: Avenger Movie Discussion WITH SPOILERS.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 76-94 of 94 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on May 7, 2012 2:57:33 PM PDT
Did not know that! I will have to check that out. :D

Posted on May 7, 2012 3:51:32 PM PDT
Subject7 says:
I freaking loved that guy but I agree with what he said, his death was necessary.

Now that the Avengers have broken records ($200 million!), I think they will try to introduce even more Marvel heroes into each film (Thor, Ironman 3, Hulk, etc.). On that note, they really need to hurry up with the Fantastic Four sequel/reboot. You can't have another world ending battle without those guys.

In reply to an earlier post on May 7, 2012 4:09:34 PM PDT
Forget about the F4, and just do a real SS movie.

In reply to an earlier post on May 7, 2012 4:15:21 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 7, 2012 4:55:30 PM PDT
J. says:
So what is going to happen when CPT America and The Torch meet for the first time?

Torch: "...You're beautiful..."

And when is the Captain going to get a friggin promotion?

In reply to an earlier post on May 7, 2012 4:20:30 PM PDT
Movie Monkey says:
The 2 Fantastic Four movies really left a bad taste in my mouth. I really don't need to see them on screen ever again. Or at the very least, recast the whole bunch. Those movies were terrible.

Also, I'm pretty sure Marvel does not have control of them. I don't remember who does, but if that studio decides to make another FF movie, then The Avengers cannot be a part of it.

Posted on May 8, 2012 6:20:50 AM PDT
Nytmare says:
I really liked what they did with Coulson's death... it showed that he was more than just a minor player, and actually gave the Avengers something to Avenge.

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2012 9:58:35 AM PDT
Soulshine says:
HA! I don't think I really liked Thor that much until he took a big ol' bite of that sandwich.

Posted on May 8, 2012 10:05:29 AM PDT
Soulshine says:
The other funny part I didn't see mentioned here was how giddy Capt. America got when someone mentioned The Wizard of Oz.

"I get that reference!"

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2012 10:12:29 AM PDT
Yeah, the flying monkey bit gave me a good chuckle. Another scene that gave me a good laugh (and it might have been mentioned here) was:

Thor-"He is my brother"

Black Widow-"He killed 80 people in 2 days"

Thor-"...he's adopted?"

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2012 10:15:34 AM PDT
His bite was like the punchline of the entire scene. lol

Posted on May 9, 2012 5:49:33 AM PDT
Subject7 says:
Thor: "You listen well, brother..."
(Ironman tackles him off screen)
(Loki still staring at the spot where Thor was standing)
Loki:"... I'm listening."

I got more laughs out of the Avengers than I've had from any movie this year or last... even comedies.

Posted on May 9, 2012 6:17:11 AM PDT
That Emu Kid says:
So this is a theory that's floating around out there...

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3ouejjLjE1qk71t9.jpg
http://comicbookgoth.deviantart.com/art/Rough-Vision-Test-300287972

Agent Phil Coulson of SHIELD is secretly the Vision. I'll tell you why.

1. The movies have already established that both Synthezoids (Captain America) and Life Model Decoys (Avengers, Iron Man 2 [Stark Expo]) exist. Fully passable androids are already around.

2. Coulson has never exhibited emotion, not once. He remains cool calm and collected in the most insane situations. Even after being stabbed through the chest by Loki he barely bats an eyelash and advises Fury to use his death to motivate the team.

3. Coulson was somehow able to get through Stark Tower's security systems basically unchallenged.

4. When talking about Coulson after his "death" Fury says he "lost his one good eye", a clear reference to Coulson's codename Vision. Coulson has acted as Fury's eyes in the field in every single aspect of the Avenger's Initiative.

5. The one subject he expresses any real enthusiasm in is Captain America, a contemporary of Jim Hammond, the original Synthezoid on which the Vision was based. And most importantly, if this is true then Phil Coulson is alive.

In reply to an earlier post on May 9, 2012 6:21:33 AM PDT
Soulshine says:
Who or what is the Vision? Synthezoids?

Sorry I can't check the links you provided - those would probably provide more background info.

In reply to an earlier post on May 9, 2012 6:30:34 AM PDT
That Emu Kid says:
They're blocked for me, too. I copied that post from another board. Can you do wikipedia?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vision_(Marvel_Comics)

I only really know Vision as the robot guy from the old Avengers sidescrolling arcade game... but he's some kind of android that is a member of the Avengers.

In reply to an earlier post on May 9, 2012 6:31:34 AM PDT
The Drizzle says:
Coulson is great in every movie, always calm, good sense of humor. i was heart broken when he died, i was really hoping to see him play into a bunch of future movies.

on the funny side, i loved the whole gallaga thing.

In reply to an earlier post on May 9, 2012 6:39:48 AM PDT
Soulshine says:
Interesting...I read through the wiki article and now I really hope this is true. I can't wait to tell my buddy about this little theory.
Your reply to Soulshine's post:
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)

Posted on May 9, 2012 7:31:17 AM PDT
Subject7 says:
Agent Coulson = Vision... could work. His hair certainly resembles Vision's. Man I hope this is true cause I really want Coulson back.

Posted on May 9, 2012 7:50:52 AM PDT
But...but... could Vision eat? He had a short movie on the Captain America Blu-ray in which he couldn't decide which donut to buy at a grocery store... could that donut be for someone else?

Buuuut this IS the Marvel "Movie" Universe anyway, so he doesn't have to be the same Vision of the comics. Agent Coulson "could" be rebuilt as Vision.

A quick search on Wikipedia states that the Vision was created by the villain Ultron (which was created by Hank Pym a.k.a Ant-Man) and features the brain patterns of another superhero. "Movie" Vision could have Coulson's brain patterns and memory, but he wouldn't really Coulson.

I don't know... I loved the character, but having him as the Vision would take away from his death. It gave the heroes the reason to fight together...

Posted on May 9, 2012 11:43:46 AM PDT
Ray Obrien says:
Yeah I also love the Vision but that would feel a little forced too me.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  32
Total posts:  94
Initial post:  May 6, 2012
Latest post:  May 9, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions