Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

The NES was, and still is the best system ever....nuff' said.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 101-125 of 167 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Apr 23, 2012 6:01:40 PM PDT
I rented Karnov one night then went to spend the night at my friend's house. I brought Karnov with me but he didn't want to play video games so I pretended I was sick and went home so I could play.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 23, 2012 6:05:13 PM PDT
Dukeshire says:
For nostalgia reasons I agree wholeheartedly. The SNES holds up more for today. But right now the original Xbox is my favorite system. But then I will get a hankering for my 5200, Genesis, Jaguar....But right now, I want to marry my Xbox. Played some Morrowind yesterday: Sure the graphics are quite drag but unlike Oblivion I jumped right in and was having a blast.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 23, 2012 6:08:03 PM PDT
Dukeshire says:
He was not a real friend. Karnov was incredible! I remember me and my buddies hunkered over the Simon's Quest guide....Oh man it was so fun. Back then the guide was considered a pricey addition, and only the divorced kids or the rich kids got them. They were awesome. Otherwise we scoured Nintendo Power for hints.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 23, 2012 6:08:37 PM PDT
MJM says:
My friend you know I have the utmost respect for you, but out of all the consoles to have as your favorite, you choose the original Xbox.....why tbe poop would you do that?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 23, 2012 6:10:12 PM PDT
MJM says:
I would have done tbe same exact thing, well except I would have teased him first about being a girl, then I would have left.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 23, 2012 6:10:50 PM PDT
Dukeshire says:
Well, it is at this moment. In a month it may swing back to the SNES, which it was a month or so ago when I was playing SMB: All Stars and Super Metroid with my kids. Or it could go back to the NES....I am a swinger.

Posted on Apr 23, 2012 6:11:01 PM PDT
SNES had:
F-Zero
Super Mario World
Super Mario Kart
Link to the Past
Mortal Kombat 2
Street Fighter 2
Megaman X series
Super Metroid
Starfox
Kirby Super Star
Donkey Kong Country series
Final Fantasy Series
Chrono Trigger
Earthbound
Yoshi's Island
Super Star Wars Series

Posted on Apr 23, 2012 6:11:19 PM PDT
JJ350 says:
LMAO, talk about nostalgia. The NES was a good system FOR IT'S TIME, but come on, to say that it is the best console ever is a joke.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 23, 2012 6:14:05 PM PDT
Dukeshire says:
NES:
Tecmo Bowl
Pro-Wrestling
Rygar
Castevania I-III
SMB I-III
Zelda I-II
Ice Hockey
RC Pro-Am
FF
Dragon Warrior
Rad Racer
Karnov
Wizards and Warriors
Contra
Rush N' Attack
Gradius and Lifeforce
Ikari Warriors
RBI Baseball
Legend of Kage
Kung Fu
Kid Icarus
Ice Climber
Metroid

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 23, 2012 6:14:46 PM PDT
Dukeshire says:
Hey, I did a posting a week ago about your favorite 8-bit games....Did you participate or big time my thread!?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 23, 2012 6:15:01 PM PDT
I had another friend who was much more sensible. A friend of the family owned a video store so even as a kid I was able to rent games. It was a ritual on Fridays to go rent NES games and play them all night with friends (usually my house since my mom worked nights.) I remember renting RC ProAm and we just played the hell out of it. I glanced out the window and the sun had come up. We literally played all night without realizing it.

Man, all night NES marathons, playing Lazer Tag in the graveyard or on the roof of our school in the middle of the night, Transformers & GI Joe.

Childhood well spent!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 23, 2012 6:19:00 PM PDT
MJM says:
Oh OK, so you don't really have a favorite, you just have moods.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 23, 2012 6:19:34 PM PDT
C.Burpee says:
I vaguely remember that game, a friend of mine rented it one weekend when I spent the night. Correct me if I am wrong but that game was about an ex-circus russian guy that breathed fire and collected treasures and had to face the end boss called "the Wizard".

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 23, 2012 6:19:59 PM PDT
MJM says:
Ha Ha, I'm not laughing, well I guess I kind of am. The NES is the best ever...suck it.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 23, 2012 6:20:02 PM PDT
Dukeshire says:
they come every 28 days! But if pushed: NES and SNES and then XBOX/360.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 23, 2012 6:21:07 PM PDT
MJM says:
No I never saw it. You know I have your back, I would have for sure participated.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 23, 2012 6:22:02 PM PDT
MJM says:
Yuppers that's it! It kind of sucked, but I do remember it being fun.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 23, 2012 6:26:30 PM PDT
C.Burpee says:
I went onto youtube to see some Video on it and it is all coming back to me now. Yeah it was a cheesy game. I remember my friend liking the game a whole lot more than I did.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 23, 2012 10:17:12 PM PDT
MJM says:
My friend there was a whole lot of cheesy games back during the NES days, but that's what made them great. Remember Kung Fu, so cheesy, but yet so much fun.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 23, 2012 10:20:44 PM PDT
River City Ransom is epic cheesiness.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 23, 2012 10:23:00 PM PDT
MJM says:
Thank you!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 23, 2012 10:33:25 PM PDT
Dukeshire says:
I love Kung Fu. Have you played Legend of Kage? Also Faxanadu was really good.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 23, 2012 11:26:05 PM PDT
From a business perspective, it was. They got 10 years out of it.

"Playing Nintendo" meant you were playing video games. it had major cultural impact. it revived the industry after the crash caused by so many crappy games on the 2600.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2012 12:02:14 AM PDT
A lot of people don't seem to realize how powerful the Nintendo brand name was back then. It was like asking for a Kleenex or going to Tootle something. Nintendo simply meant video games. They had like 92% of the US market. Toys R Us was loaded with Nintendo stuff and not just video games. One time at Toys R Us my mom got me a black sweatshirt with a neon green Nintendo logo. I wore that to school. There were test stations at stores like Sears so you could troubleshoot a console that wasn't working. There was Nintendo breakfast cereal and Super Mario Bros soda pop. In Ghostbusters II the NES Advantage was used to control the Statue of Liberty.

Nintendo was an empire back then

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2012 12:27:01 AM PDT
Anthony says:
wth is tootle?
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  39
Total posts:  167
Initial post:  Apr 23, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 23, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions