Best Books of the Month Shop Men's Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote Grocery Amazon Gift Card Offer jrscwrld jrscwrld jrscwrld  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Fall Arrivals in Amazon Outdoor Clothing STEM Toys & Games
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: NFL Draft A week away...Will your team Make a good pick?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 101-125 of 309 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Apr 20, 2012 4:14:36 PM PDT
Pick 34 says:
First three rounds are thursday and Friday I believe. So this weekend you'll only miss the later rounds.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 20, 2012 4:15:18 PM PDT
49er Larry says:
Fleener will either go to SF at #30 or the NYG at #32. Indy should just re-sign Dallas Clark, the guy was injured and no where near done as a solid producing TE.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 20, 2012 5:27:39 PM PDT
DVvM says:
If the 49ers pass on him, I wouldn't be surprised if the Giants pass on him too. The Giants are very much a BPA team and they wouldn't take a lesser player simply because they "need" a tight end.

So he's potentially there for the Colts in round 2. It should never be a surprise if someone falls 4 spots.

Posted on Apr 21, 2012 3:32:47 AM PDT
MoultonHawk says:
Larry he's long gone @ 30.

Posted on Apr 21, 2012 3:44:30 AM PDT
Modern Bear says:
My team is the Giants so they won't be getting any really high picks but they have done a good job with their picks lately. Recently they've taken receivers and defensive players, some of whom have turned out really well. They could probably use an offensive lineman because last year their line was a bit shaky, and traditionally the Giants have one of the better lines in the league. I think the defensive line is fine the way it is, as the Patriots found out.

Posted on Apr 21, 2012 4:05:04 AM PDT
Modern Bear says:
Having read the thread I see all the Cowboys talk. It's funny how much controversy the Cowboys stir up every year, and how the pundits always overestimate how good they're going to be. I would not blame Romo though. His numbers are actually better then Troy Aikman's (better completion and TD to INT percentage, and better QB rating), except for that one key factor, playoff wins. He has the skills to win but he doesn't have the kind of team around him that Aikman had, plus a lack of stability at head coach. I know the QB is the most important player on the team but he's not the only player on the team, so it's unfair to put all the blame on him.

By the way that loss in the 2007 season to the Giants in the playoffs was inevitable. The Giants were hot at that time, and they are the one team you do not want to play when they are on a roll in the playoffs. Every game in that playoffs was on the road and they were picked to lose every one of them by the know-it-alls. Then they were supposed to be blown out in the Super Bowl and we know how that turned out. Then this year the same thing happened, almost a carbon copy of the 2007-2008 playoffs/SB.

Posted on Apr 21, 2012 6:04:36 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 21, 2012 6:10:22 AM PDT
@Advanced u kno what i hear? excuses. you know what i don't accept? excuses. He may not have as good a team as troy aikman, but his team was stacked in 2007 n they beat the giants twice! the Giants got hot after that game, at that point they had only lost the Pats and beat the Buccs, the giants played the 2 biggest choke artists the league had to offer (Romo & Favre) n then Brady got hurt in the title game and couldnt move as well and thats why the pass rush was so effective (not to mention their best guard was hurt which is why J. Tuck had such a great game) Romo always had talented wideouts and a top 3 TE in the game along with a solid o-line and running game, now some ppl might say their run game this year is only average, but the Giants r ranked #32 in the league n won the Super Bowl, and again, romo has missed the playoffs 3 out of 4 years, he blew that giants game last year missin a wide open miles, and if ppl wana say that wasnt his fault (which it was) then ill remind u of the lions game when he thru 2 pick 6's n cost em the game

edit: also nothing is inevitable, i remember in 2003 the packers were a "team of destiny" favre's dad had died and ppl thought it was just meant to be, they came to philly and even 4 & 26 couldnt stop the eagles frm winning, so much for destiny and inevitability

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 21, 2012 7:40:28 AM PDT
49er Larry says:
TE's are hard to evaluate. Only recently have TE's started to get picked in the first round unless they were exceptional in college. But with the emergence of guys like Gronkowski, Graham, Davis, Witten and guys like that, I think it's possible for Fleener to be gone by the middle of the first round, but I wouldn't be surprised if he fell to the beginning 2nd round either.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 21, 2012 7:48:46 AM PDT
49er Larry says:
All this and Romo is still better than half the QB's in the league. I'd trade Alex Smith for Tony Romo in the blink of an eye and I hate the Cowboys and everything Cowboy related (sucks living in Dallas). There's only about 8 active QB's I would take ahead of Romo.

Posted on Apr 21, 2012 8:11:04 AM PDT
so ur saying hes at least top 16? thats not sayin much, but id agree, no sane man could argue that he cant play, im just sayin this idea that he is this great qb is a joke, hes an average qb that will put up good numbers cuz of the talent around him, but will never be a big time elite qb, it wouldnt suprise me to c dallas take a qb in the 3rd round or so as insurance, yes tomo is better than sanchez, henne, fitzptrick, painter, gabburt, etc but c'mon id take rodgers, brady, manning, manning, brees, rivers, big ben, matty ice, josh freeman, stafford, dalton, flacco, over him, which makes him 13th at most, then to me hes a toss up between cutler and vick, cam newton i would consider but im not sure how real last season was 4 him, all n all hes a solid qb but thats all, not elite not top 10

Posted on Apr 21, 2012 8:21:56 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 21, 2012 8:22:45 AM PDT
49er Larry says:
Matt Ryan? Josh Freeman? Andy Dalton? Joe Flacco? Thanks, but I'd pass on any of those guys and take Romo. Romo is not the reason the Cowboys didn't make the playoff's last season, their defense was horrendous and forced that offense to get into shootouts in almost every game. Outside of Demarcus Ware, that defense stinks. Sure, Romo stunk it up a bit in the first couple of games (the Jets and Lions come to mind) but in the second half of the season, not sure there was a better QB than Romo who was not named Drew Brees. He threw something like 20 TD's vs 5 Int's over his last 12 games or somewhere in that neighborhood. In contrast, Alex Smith (the QB my team is stuck with, threw 17 TD's vs 5 Int's all season). Romo is definitely a top 10 QB in my opinion.

Posted on Apr 21, 2012 8:35:09 AM PDT
what was the record those last 12 games? 6-6 n i remember them going 1-4 in their last 5, when was the last time any of the guys i named (other than freeman) did that? horrendous? isnt that a bit strong for a D that ranked 16th in points allowed? the afc champion pats ranked 15th.... Brady stafford and Rodgers won w/ out a D, why cant romo if hes such a great qb? yea talent wise romo is better than alex smith, altho smith has just as many playoff wins as romo and has played in the nfc title game, a thing romo has yet to do, but last i checked alex smith wasnt the messurring stick of a great qb

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 21, 2012 9:40:20 AM PDT
They are able to win because they are more well-rounded. Romo is by no means a great QB, but he is decent.

I will say the issues come in when it comes to leadership with him and the other players. The coaches and the owner. Every year ESPN humps them but they really are not that good.

Peyton Manning is another. I am tired of hearing about him. The guy is supposedly one of the greatest and he has won one Super Bowl. He has choked in so many Playoff games it is difficult to count.

Posted on Apr 21, 2012 10:11:05 AM PDT
thank u dukeshire! finally a fellow peyton realist, to me hes not even the best manning anymore (im an eagle fan sayin that :/)

Posted on Apr 21, 2012 11:45:32 AM PDT
Jacob Dyer says:
Hopefully the Packers get some help on D. That's all I care about. They went 15-1 last year while setting a record for giving up passing yards. If the D had been average, they would have won the Super Bowl.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 21, 2012 12:38:26 PM PDT
AndrewA says:
You are making the mistake of acting like all of these offenses are the exact same. Brady has two dominant TE's and Welker, and proved last year that no one can stop both their TE's, keep Welker in check, and stop their marginal run game all at the same time. Stafford has Megatron, who proved himself last year to be almost unstoppable. And they got destroyed in the first round of the playoffs by New Orleans, so let's not act like he accomplished all that much. Rodgers has the deepest WR core in the NFL, along with great TE's and a serviceable running game. Let's stop acting like the Cowboys offense was on the same level as these guys. Austin and Bryant were hurt half the season, Murray was a bright spot for maybe four games before getting hurt, Felix Jones had 2 good games without being hurt, and Laurent Robinson got a lot of catches because he didn't get hurt.

Go look at the Cowboys schedule and tell me it's Romo's fault they didn't make the playoffs. He blew two games: the jets in week 1 and the lions in week 4. The patriots beat us because Tom Brady went on an 80 yard drive at the end of the game and the Cowboys D didn't come close to stopping him. The Eagles beat us the first time because the D gave up 21 points before the first quarter was even over. The Cardinals beat us because Bailey missed a game winning kick (that romo led them into position for), and the D gave up a 60 yard touchdown in OT. The Giants beat us the first time because the D gave up two touchdowns in three minutes at the end of the game. Romo didn't blow the pass to Austin that would've sealed it. Actually watch the play. Austin loses the ball in the lights and can't save the catch. Romo had to lob it because he was getting pressured and Austin was still making the break on his route. The Eagles beat us a second time because: one, the game was rendered meaningless by the Giants win that week, and two, Romo got hurt in the first quarter and didn't play the rest of the game. The Giants beat us the second time because Terrence Newman couldn't cover any receivers and they built up a big lead before we could even compete.

Enjoy your Romo hating if you want. Romo wasn't the problem last year. Even Brady couldn't have overcome a defense that faltered as badly as the Cowboys D did last year. Case in point, his own defense got burned by the Giants in the super bowl and he couldn't overcome it.

Posted on Apr 23, 2012 5:21:25 AM PDT
Biggest problem for the cowboys?

Jerry Jones. Great owner...awful GM

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 23, 2012 5:46:07 AM PDT
WesCyde says:
Not sure he is the worst though, I mean I loved Al Davis for a lot of great things that he did do a few of our last year drafts and signs not so much

Posted on Apr 23, 2012 6:03:22 AM PDT
Modern Wolf says:
Tampa Bay Bucs!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 23, 2012 7:44:50 AM PDT
Completely agree

A good GM an owner does not make

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 23, 2012 7:46:34 AM PDT
Also, good GM's don't always make the best coaches. Case in point: Denny Green. Great eye for talent, not the best coaching.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 23, 2012 8:18:47 AM PDT
WesCyde says:
Yah like i would never imagine that Ozzie newsome will be a coach but boy is he good at judging talent if i was him I would never let a coach influence me again (Example Billick and Kyle Boller)

Posted on Apr 23, 2012 9:28:38 AM PDT
@AndrewA im not mistaking ne thing, do u have a copy of their play book? if ne thing romo has the most QB friendly offense of any of them, also stafford accomplished more than romo last season..... so now ur saying that defense doesnt matter for brady, Arod, n stafford, but it does for romo? cuz it seems ur basically sayin that their offenses are so good or "unstoppable" they dont need a D, but how did those "unstoppable" offenses fair in the playoffs? as u sed the lions got smacked around by the saints, n also the giants came in and beat the packers n pats cuz their D wasnt good enough, but those defenses were just as good as romos and they got to the playoffs w them n romo didnt, again my point being that defense is not a good enough reason why romo cant get his team to the playoffs if hes truly a great qb becuz 3 other qbs (2 great ones n 1 could be great) got there w one just as good if not worse than his, now lets get back to ur claim that dallas' O isnt as good as lions, pack, and pats, again u wana lean on an excuse that everyone was hurt, rodgers won a super bowl w like 10 ppl on IR, great qb over come injuries if being healthy is all that mattered then the chiefs would have won the super bowl 2 years ago, also lets not 4get romo has missed the playoff 3 out of the last 4 years, AND this year only needed to win 9 games to make the playoffs n couldnt do it, so u guna tell me injuries and D sucked every year? and if thats the case than ur saying romo is only as good as the team around him, and if thats the case than hes not a great qb, peyton manning won 10 ten games w a team that is picking first in the draft w out him cuz hes a great qb n he can make bad plays great just as brady and rodgers can, but not romo, and finally when healthy how can u say that his weapons arent just as good as brady stafford n rodgers, yet again we have a chicken n the egg issue, how many 100 catch seasons did welker have b4 coming to the Pats? Stafford has Megatron and who else? A Rodgers' deep wide out? ill start with green bay, ill give u greg jenning and the TE (who btw was hurt when he won the super bowl) r great players, but romo has witten n austin, so now ur left w a running game as equal to romo if not worse, and old and busted donald driver, james jones who drops balls all the time, randle cobb whose eh, and jordy nelson a solid WR n then romo has Dez bryant, Stafford has megtron n a bunch of no bodies and romo has 2 good WR and great TE, if one great wideout is all that i takes then why does arizona suck? u could argue that Fitz is better than calvin, now on to brady, hes got 2 Te's and welker, again romo has 2 WRs and Witten, its not hes throwin to todd pinkston and james thrash, hes got good players around him but just cant do enough w them the way Rods and Brady does, u wana throw out the system nonsense? well b brady started in a run first offense n eventually thru 50 tds, systems dont make a great QB

by review, injuries, talent, defense, system: nttn but excuses theres the play, looks to me he saw it

"Go look at the Cowboys schedule and tell me it's Romo's fault they didn't make the playoffs. He blew two games: the jets in week 1 and the lions in week 4." u just did my job for me, u guys missed the playoffs by 1 games n he blew 2 of em, how many game did brady and rodgers blow this year? maybe 1 if that? also u wana cry about the D giving up the fast points in week 17, why didnt romo keep the drive going? why did eli get the ball back so fast

"Even Brady couldn't have overcome a defense that faltered as badly as the Cowboys D did last year." yes he CAN and DID have u not read the previous posts? the cowboys were ranked 14th in D, patriots ranked 31st...... now ur thinkin oh goin by yard isnt right, well lets look at points per game pats 15th, dallas 16th, the difference of .3 points, which equals an extra 5 points over 16 games, brady didnt win the super bowl, but he went 13-3 w that defense and got within 4 minutes of winning the super bowl, which is a heck of alot more than romo's 8 wins

point is yea romo is a nice qb, he puts up numbers n makes u guys smile, but he doesnt win, even tebow won 8 games last season, hes not elite, not great, not top 10, my advice? move on cowboy nation

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2012 8:51:47 AM PDT
WesCyde says:
So eagles fans looks like CB Asante Samuel will be traded very soon to possibly the falcons, broncos or titans. Can you imagine him with Bailey on the other side on the broncos

Posted on Apr 25, 2012 9:02:49 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 25, 2012 9:11:46 AM PDT
MoultonHawk says:
Wes Not only do the Ravens have Ozzie, probably the best GM int he NFL, but they also have Eric Da Costa who is the highest paid asst gm player personell in the NFL cuz he's going to take over when Oz leaves. Everybody wanted Eric, they are both outstanding. The NFL rapes the Ravens annually of their coaches.

BTW do you guys know Peyton's longtime QB coach guru turned head coach Jim Caldwell former Colts coach is the new QB coach for the Ravens watch out :).

I think the Ravens are the best organization in national sports top to bottom, pound for pound. Sounds crazy maybe cuz they dont have the chips, but I just love everything about their organization they are just so streamlined. It's much easier to handle a NBA team of 12 players than it is a 53 man roster, and baseball is all about deep pockets, or catching lightning in a bottle. Ravens are on that cusp every year. Joe is not elite yet, (although his playoff numbers might say otherwise) but he is knocking on the door of the top five and Jim Caldwell might help him break the door down.

Top 5...Aaron, Eli, Drew, Tom, Ben...I think Peyton is done, one good hit, goodnight! I think paying Peyton all that cash is beyond stupid.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
What horror-related video games will you in October? What else will you do? 26 3 minutes ago
Not trolling, ps4 users be careful. Ps4 update bug disable game discs. It seems the ps4 updates really hurt the systems reputation pretty badly. 25 4 minutes ago
P.A.M.E.L.A steam greenlight game looks like to it be pretty awesome. 0 4 minutes ago
Official VGF Super Mario Maker Discussion and Level Sharing Thread 418 5 minutes ago
Seasonal favorites (Halloween in particular) 62 9 minutes ago
OT:The Martian? 33 13 minutes ago
Super Mario Maker has sold 1 Million units around the world 14 14 minutes ago
Microsoft acquires Havok from Intel 79 20 minutes ago
How many of you are Legacy of Kain fans? (Silicon Knights/Crystal Dynamics) 9 26 minutes ago
OT: Week 4 of the NFL Season. Starting QB's are dropping like flies while Brady, Rogers, and Palmer (yes Palmer) are lighting the NFL up. WHO YA GOT! 53 32 minutes ago
Shuhei Yoshida: "We weren't expecting this many people would buy a PlayStation 4" 23 34 minutes ago
I believe I am officially no longer a gamer... 54 44 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  35
Total posts:  309
Initial post:  Apr 20, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 4, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions