Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Black Ops 2, yes or no

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 82 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 5, 2012 3:28:50 PM PST
Are you getting it or not?

I'm not getting it, might rent it, but not getting as of right now.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 3:30:09 PM PST
No. First person shooters make me want to vomit. Literally.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 3:31:30 PM PST
Kin-foot says:
No for me.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 4:02:05 PM PST
Maybe?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 4:09:51 PM PST
Yeah, If I rent it, and wind up liking it, maybe.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 4:13:59 PM PST
That's what I'm doing also, so it's a maybe for me.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 4:16:19 PM PST
Benpachi says:
No.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 4:16:24 PM PST
Someone already asked me in school if I was getting Halo 4, and I said that I won't be getting either Halo 4 or Black Ops 2.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 4:42:20 PM PST
Yea I'm getting it. Its one of few fun online gaming series and one of few games my best bud plays. Plus it looks really good, campaign looks revolutionary as well.
Day one hardened edition buy.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 4:44:24 PM PST
Nope. Will not buy it, borrow it, or rent it.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 4:47:10 PM PST
DVvM says:
No. But you already knew that.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 4:48:00 PM PST
Harmicky says:
Yes.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 4:52:22 PM PST
I did.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 4:53:58 PM PST
I. Flores says:
Nay

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 4:55:48 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 5, 2012 4:56:47 PM PST
NINE!!!*Shouted in horrible German accent*

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 4:58:19 PM PST
Zen Kaizoku says:
Yes, Wii U version. 5 reasons:

1. There should be less of the traditional COD crowd on Wii U's online.
2. There are enough "new" things about it to warrant a buy.
3. After all I bought into MW3, can't be worse than that.
4. The Wii remote and Nunchuk compatibility completely blow away "traditional" controls.
5. The Gamepad will provide more entertainment and will help the experience last longer.

Apart from the reasons listed above, I have a few friends who don't game all that much but would never pass up the opportunity to play COD. Call of Duty Casual Confirmed.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 10:15:54 PM PST
Real217 says:
Nope, the only thing i liked about the last one was "Sticks and Stones", i literally go into Black Ops just to play that and shut down the pc. Its slow, it lags, and other little annoying things. You cant use a shotgun as secondary weapon, really? its a videogame guys cmon. smh.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 10:18:04 PM PST
Halo 4's out...so what's the point? XD

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 10:22:17 PM PST
Nicos says:
Nope. Still have Borderlands 2 (Saturn on TVHM ugh... ) and Resident Evil 6 to play. Even if a take a break from those I have 3 games in my backlog.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 10:22:40 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 5, 2012 10:23:26 PM PST
Modern Bear says:
No. I've already played MW2 and rented the the first Black Ops. I don't see how BO2 will be much different. I will probably buy Halo 4 when it's on sale (I won't pay full price for any FPS game). I'd rather play that than a CoD game because of the story. Other than that I tend to get bored of FPS games rather quickly. There isn't much innovative or different about them in recent years that would captivate me for very long.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 11:10:47 PM PST
Nope. I'll be getting Epic Mickey PoI and Paper Mario SS this month.

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 12:14:57 AM PST
aka TRAP says:
NO, because from a stream I watched online, it literally looks like they took elements from MW3, some of the maps from BO & MW3, and called it BO2. One of the newer maps reminded me of Hotel from BO. It's like they just re-made the map but wanted to trick you into thinking it's new by re-naming it. Also from the stream, scorestreaks look like they're just re-named killstreaks, as it resets once you die.

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 12:29:18 AM PST
Blake says:
No. I said I wasn't going to get MW3, but I caved in and got it. Played about an hour and never touched it again. Not going to make the same mistake.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 12:38:34 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 6, 2012 12:39:24 AM PST
I've bought every CoD at or soon after launch since CoD1 on Xbox and then CoD4 and forward on PS3. MW3 and WaW are my only two disappointments. I beat the campaign before I ever touch multiplayer, but on WaW I ranked up to 19 before I said "f it" and never touched it again and MW3 I didn't make it much further before I said the same thing.

I've pre-ordered BlOps2 back in August and am looking forward to it. There's enough changes on this one to make it interesting (not to be confused with revolutionary). My biggest fear doesn't lie with the old engine (only because it's to be expected) or dealing with another copy and paste, but with whether or not I'll like the concept of future warfare.

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 12:38:44 AM PST
Bixillarla says:
Nope. I am not a big FPS gamer, I will rent it from Gamefly and give it a try though. Won't buy it unless I fall in love with it and then only when it goes on sale.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Bungie has more PS-exclusive news for Destiny: PS4 and PS3 get cross-platform play, while Microsoft "won't allow it" on Xbox 5 6 seconds ago
Rumor: Devil May Cry Ultimate Coming to Xbox One and PS4. To be Announced at Gamescom? 4 17 seconds ago
Microsoft: "Call of Duty following Advanced Warfare to be Xbox exclusive." 21 1 minute ago
NeoGaf: Once Hyped Games That Are Now Completely Forgotten 120 3 minutes ago
PC build question 30 3 minutes ago
MIA*˛ 2310 4 minutes ago
Immature Gaming Habits Past and Present 7 5 minutes ago
Three games from last gen games that i would love to see a sequal for but probably never will 32 5 minutes ago
Well, it's been a great time here, but I'm checking out in 2 weeks. 38 9 minutes ago
Weekend Gaming Recap and Weekly Gaming 7/14-7/17 41 10 minutes ago
OT: Weird Al is putting out 8 new music videos over 8 days and here is the first one. 1 11 minutes ago
Zelda U Collector's Edition Wii U Bundle Announced, Will Include Exclusive Amiibo Character 18 15 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  39
Total posts:  82
Initial post:  Nov 5, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 7, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions