Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

how do multiplats compare on the wiiu?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 71 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 21, 2012 9:47:24 AM PST
RJMacReady says:
I heard they cam be a bit laggy. They struggled getting framerates up along with ps3 quality graphics on the wii u hardware.

Id like to get one to see how well it takes advantage of the gamepad, but if there are major graphical issues its not worth it.

Im actually considering madden 13, even though i dont really play sports games because it really takes advantage of the new controller. Its one with some lag issues though, according to reviews.

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 10:06:05 AM PST
P. Oyer says:
Madden 13 and FIFA 13 aren't really the "13" versions. They were made by different teams at EA so they don't have all the features of the real 13's. They instead have the new gamepad features.

FIFA plays and runs great. It is missing ultimate team and EAFC though. It is also missing some of the new ball control stuff. In my experience it is better than PS3 FIFA 12. I haven't played other versions of 13 so I'm not sure what I am missing.

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 10:08:03 AM PST
3/10 trolling attempt.

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 10:08:17 AM PST
prsmooth says:
Multiplats on the Wii U look terrible.

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 10:08:20 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 21, 2012 10:08:57 AM PST
Keller says:
This is a well disguised troll thread. It made me laugh. :)

BTW, I was joking about it being well disguised.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 10:09:54 AM PST
I laughed at this line: "They struggled getting framerates up along with ps3 quality graphics on the wii u hardware."

Digital Foundry trashed the PS3 version of Mass Effect 3 compared to the Wii U version though in all fairness they did put it on even grounds with the 360 version.

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 10:12:41 AM PST
I love new Nintendo hardware + RJ, it's a thrill a minute folks!

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 10:13:41 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 21, 2012 10:14:23 AM PST
Keller says:
I never quite understood why people feel so strongly about a product they don't like. There are things I don't like, I don't spend my days convincing others to agree with me. I simply ignore them. :)

"We are what we think.
All that we are arises with our thoughts.
With our thoughts we make the world."

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 10:30:33 AM PST
RJMacReady says:
Oh, OK, jason. got any more articles on problems with Sony or the Vita for us today.

Lol. Pot, meet the kettle.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 10:34:58 AM PST
Or any articles that are positive for SOny or the Vita? Like how Vita sales in Japan have tripled over last week?

You're kind of doofy sometimes, aren't you?

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 10:39:18 AM PST
RJMacReady says:
I'm trolling? Are Kotaku and other gaming websites trolling as well?

Even a rave review admits to some issues i mass effect 3. From games radar on Mass Effect 3:

"Technically, Mass Effect 3 for the Wii U is about the same as it was on other consoles, save for some occasionally blurry textures and audio problems. They're minor, and the visual differences are only noticeable if you've played the game on another platform first, but they're still there."

http://kotaku.com/5961467/bad-port-or-bad-hardware-were-already-hearing-complaints-about-wii-u-visuals
http://www.thehdroom.com/news/Madden-NFL-13-Wii-U-Review-Addition-Battles-Subtraction/11665
Madden NFL 13 - Nintendo Wii U

Just trying to find out if its as bad as some reviewers are saying. It's a legitimate question.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 10:41:38 AM PST
RJMacReady says:
And you were posting nearly daily prices of standard memory cards for a while there just to keep us all informed on some good deals that were available.

If I'm a troll, then we've got a couple of trolls trolling each other here. Should be amusing for the rest of the board.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 10:44:44 AM PST
"And you were posting nearly daily prices of standard memory cards for a while there just to keep us all informed on some good deals that were available."

What exactly is the problem with posting good deals on memory cards? I posted the 3G Vita+8GB memory card for $179.99. I post about indie game sales as well as PC game sales. Do you have a problem with that?

"If I'm a troll, then we've got a couple of trolls trolling each other here. Should be amusing for the rest of the board. "

The thing is, you're not calling me out on my actual trolling. You're trying to claim that non-troll topics such as the ones mentioned above are somehow acts of trolling.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 10:46:06 AM PST
RJMacReady says:
BTW, you were gloating and ripping on the Vita and Sony in a lot of those posts, so the whole idea that you were just putting them up there to keep us informed or something is what's really amusing.

And yet you claim you're buying a second Vita soon.

And I'm doofy? LOL.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 10:50:11 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 21, 2012 10:54:35 AM PST
Keller says:
It isn't a legitimate question because we both know you have zero interest in getting a U, your goal is to bash while feigning interest. :)

Happy holidays.

Edit:
Personally I will be getting ME3 for the 360, since I already have 360 versions of 1 and 2. I might as well keep the trilogy on one console.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 10:52:22 AM PST
How exactly was I gloating? Can you quote an example? Yes, I am buying a second Vita soon and next year I'll buy my third PS3 when my older one dies off. Unlike many, I put my money where my mouth is.

Yes, you are kind of doofy. You also seem to be somewhat emotionally invested in my posts. Do you have some sort of emotional bond with Sony, the PS3 or the Vita?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 10:52:37 AM PST
Oskar2525 says:
We all know you have zero interest in a Vita, but that doesn't stop you from bringing it up on a daily basis.
You are just another pot calling the kettle.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 10:53:48 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 21, 2012 10:58:01 AM PST
Keller says:
Seriously buddy, why the hostility? I just don't get the anger issues you have towards me. How can I help? :)

As for the Vita, the system is wonderful. Persona 4 is fantastic as is Uncharted. The buy 1 and play on both is brilliant. As for hardware, the Vita speaks for itself. It looks like ps3 game, almost at least. What gamer wouldn't enjoy the Vita?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 10:53:48 AM PST
RJMacReady says:
Right. Standard game cards are always cheap. There was nothing particularly special about the deals you posted. When posts like that appear at the same time as a post bashing the Vita, I think its funny. You think you're being sly or something?

And its not just the articles you post, its the commentary of course.

Yet I post about some complaints in reviews of Wii U games and I'm a troll.

Nope. Just keeping people informed. Wii U graphics are very underwhelming.

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 10:54:04 AM PST
John McClane says:
Funny how all of a sudden Sonymites care about the quality of multiplats.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 10:54:57 AM PST
RJMacReady says:
Wait, you respond to something I write and then I respond to you, and I'm "emotionally invested"?

Doofy. Doofy. Doofy.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 10:55:00 AM PST
Yes, there were. Those deals were significantly cheaper than Amazon.

"Yet I post about some complaints in reviews of Wii U games and I'm a troll. "

Tell you what. When you put your money where your mouth is (like I do) then I'll agree that you're not a troll.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 10:55:16 AM PST
Yes. Yes, you are.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 10:57:52 AM PST
Oskar2525 says:
I am trying to help you become an actual mature adult, but I am starting to think it might be too late.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 10:58:20 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 21, 2012 11:00:45 AM PST
RJMacReady says:
No, no you are. Pffft.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  11
Total posts:  71
Initial post:  Nov 21, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 21, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions