Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Sixx AM Fire TV Stick Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now STEM
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Whats the Story with Diablo???

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-20 of 20 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 16, 2012 1:49:41 PM PDT
Bionix01 says:
I have never played these games and i don't think ill be getting Diablo 3 but sometimes i just like to hear a good story. What is the premise behind the Diablo games? Does it have good lore?

Posted on May 16, 2012 1:51:11 PM PDT
MrFoxhound says:
Diablo 3 is just a cheap way of getting people to get one of them newfangled internet service providers.

In reply to an earlier post on May 16, 2012 1:58:13 PM PDT
El Tron says:
Lots of combat and lots of loot. If that doesn't ring your bell, then it's probably not your type of game.

Posted on May 16, 2012 1:58:48 PM PDT
SuperHiro says:
Probably not your best bet if you're interested in story.

Posted on May 16, 2012 1:58:54 PM PDT
Junkiiiii says:
Diablo 3 is the newest most hated game on the internetz.

True Story

Posted on May 16, 2012 1:59:36 PM PDT
Bionix01 says:
Not aksing about the game play i know what thats about. Im just curious if there is a decent story to go along with it. Like what is your characters purpose. Theres an ending isnt there?

Posted on May 16, 2012 2:02:19 PM PDT
SuperHiro says:
The story's basically the same as part 2. Evil threat appears. Kill it.

Posted on May 16, 2012 2:03:03 PM PDT
Aku says:
Ancient evil wakes up on the wrong side of the bed, also he lives under a town. Some people volunteer to shut him up, which they eventually do.

But apparently Diablo's bitchiness is contagious, as it corrupts the former heroes, so ANOTHER dude has to go through a bunch of stuff to kill the original hero and his buddies.

And I have no idea what the hell's going on in 3.

In reply to an earlier post on May 16, 2012 2:03:03 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 16, 2012 2:04:51 PM PDT
Jaded Gamer says:
To build on MrFoxhound's comment:

"I found this through that new fangled search engine called Google. It led me to this new fangled website called Wikipedia."

The game takes place in Sanctuary, the dark fantasy world of the Diablo series. This world was saved twenty years prior by a handful of unnamed heroes in Diablo II. Having survived the onslaught brought by the armies of the Burning Hells, Tyrael rewarded the heroes by sending them to safety. It is up to a new generation of heroes to face the forces of evil threatening the world of Sanctuary.

Players will have the opportunity to explore familiar settings such as Tristram.

The only confirmed NPCs are Deckard Cain, who has appeared in both of the previous games, and his niece, Leah, a new character who accompanies the hero in quests from time to time. The plot will revolve around two surviving Lesser Evils, Azmodan and Belial, and an artifact known as the Black Soulstone. Diablo's world map is composed primarily of two main continents with several small islands in the Northwest region. The world of Sanctuary has been dramatically changed by the destruction of the Worldstone in Diablo II: Lord of Destruction.

Now all you darn kids stay off my VGF lawn before I tell your parents!

Posted on May 16, 2012 2:05:59 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 16, 2012 2:11:09 PM PDT
kpsting says:
Story is not really a strong point in Blizz games. Lore is pretty simple as seen in the game, and even then it's sometimes confusing because it's so... simple. Dialogue is written for a child to understand.

Your characters purpose is to save the good and kill the bad while picking up tons of fat lootz in the meantime. It's a hack-and-slash game.

The game is about fighting the devil and its minions, hence the name. The Lore and story wraps around this idea. There are forces of heaven and you even get to team up with Jesus

Posted on May 16, 2012 2:52:29 PM PDT
Basic gist of this game, if it's moving and not on your team, try to kill it and then pry it's equipment from it's cold, dead hands. After all, if you don't, the terrorists...uhh, the DEMONS win.

Posted on May 16, 2012 3:04:54 PM PDT
J. says:
Wow, quite a few people really don't know much about the Diablo lore here. I think it's pretty interesting. Probably doesn't help that I counted 2 of the biggest Diablo hatters of the VGF in here.

Part 1 of the Diablo Lore Series:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ghu8RzsWvs

In reply to an earlier post on May 16, 2012 3:12:46 PM PDT
Actually, I absolutely loved the story in D3.

In reply to an earlier post on May 16, 2012 3:13:58 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 16, 2012 3:19:09 PM PDT
J, a lot of us know the story, but it really isn't that deep, ya dig? This crazy king starts hearing voices, and goes crazy. So you have to kill him. Then, SURPRISE!!! you get a jewel shoved into your head for a prize(woulda preferred a beejay from a hot amazon).

Part 2: You, from one, have become EVIL. I'm not talkin about jaywalkin' evil, I'm talking about doing nasty things to your pet goldfish(How could you?) EVIL! Since it's not cool to let the player do evil things to the wildlife, you now play the part of another person, who sometimes becomes Smoky the Bear, who needs to kill the character from D1 because he has to protect his fellow wildlife creatures. So, big guy goes super saiyen, and him and his bros decide to start the party of the year. You gatecrash it, and play the buzzkill. Killing ensues.

And, now we get to part 3. Where it goes is up to you.

In reply to an earlier post on May 16, 2012 3:16:53 PM PDT
Loved? Did you mean that in the tense that you used, as in you're finished with Normal?

In reply to an earlier post on May 16, 2012 4:54:56 PM PDT
Ray Obrien says:
Some group of fools beat normal in seven hours in Asia so not that big of a stretch.

In reply to an earlier post on May 17, 2012 4:55:04 AM PDT
Yes, I'm actually almost 1/4 of the way through Nightmare.

In reply to an earlier post on May 17, 2012 4:56:11 AM PDT
I think (moving at a decent pace) we finished it in about 15 hours or so.

Nightmare is already proving to be much more difficult.

Posted on May 17, 2012 4:57:18 AM PDT
So, is Borderlands based off the premise of Diablo then?

Posted on May 17, 2012 5:17:11 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 17, 2012 5:19:15 AM PDT
J. says:
The only comparison I can make between the two is the random loot system. In Borderlands, you can equip a shield, class mod, and grenade mod. That is somewhat like an RPG, but it's very limited in scope. The item system, with random prefix/suffix properties is more in line with what Diablo accomplished.

The items are also classified by color, to distinguish quality, which is a similar concept to many RPG's.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Star Fox animated series 0 27 minutes ago
OT: Conversations with fundamentalists and social conservatives on the Target bathrooms controversy 35 30 minutes ago
OT: 2016 NBA Playoffs! 144 37 minutes ago
Heads up: Bestbuy 50% trade in boost for PS4/XB1 games 5/1-5/7 1 41 minutes ago
Dark Souls III Community Help Thread - **Expect Spoilers** 1511 47 minutes ago
Watch out Game of Thrones - The Wheel of Time is coming for you! 14 1 hour ago
Hype! EA/DICE just changed it's Battlefield 1942 website image. WW2 Battlefield all but confirmed! 21 1 hour ago
2016 VGF Vote to the death...you monsters 3982 1 hour ago
Weekend gaming 04/28 - 04/30: Clinton accuses Bernie Sanders of attacking her in a North Carolina bathroom. Allegation includes biological warfare; FBI investigation concludes foul stench surprised her was copy of Quantum Break Sanders left in toilet. 91 1 hour ago
playstation 4 *sony fix these issues* 72 2 hours ago
The Success of Ratchet & Clank Proves There is a Place For AAA Platformers This Generation 45 2 hours ago
xbox one *microsoft fix these issues* 28 2 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  13
Total posts:  20
Initial post:  May 16, 2012
Latest post:  May 17, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions