Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now DOTD
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Demons Souls Request

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 78 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 3, 2012 5:31:34 AM PST
Him says:
If anyone has the following items that they are willing to share/let me borrow, please let me know:

Friends Ring
Pure Bladestone
Pure Darkmoonstone

I'd be happy drop anything that I have that someone needs, just let me know.

Also, a question: I've got pure black soul tendency...how long will it take to get back to neutral? Pure white?

Thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2012 6:01:09 AM PST
If you have pure black character tendency, the easiest way to boost it back to white is to kill invaders. What's your soul level? I can try to boost a character quick to spam invade and let you kill me over and over again.

As to the items, can't help you there.

Posted on Jan 3, 2012 6:07:20 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 3, 2012 6:11:03 AM PST
I have em all on my SL 137. I can dupe the stuff for you if they didn't get rid of that glitch yet.

EDIT: Do you have a gorgon crossbow? I think it's the *only* item in the game I do not have.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2012 6:13:26 AM PST
Killing BPs raises your soul level towards white. I think even killing the NPC BPs will. But, every time you kill a non-BP NPC it drops back towards black, so avoid miralda in body form and such.

Also, join other people's games and help them kill bosses. I'm pretty sure this helps raise it pretty quick too.

Posted on Jan 3, 2012 6:13:28 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 3, 2012 6:49:40 AM PST
Captain, the thomas glitch is still there. I'm pretty sure that I have that crossbow, as well. Let me check when I get home, and if I do, I'll give you.

for the BP to raise your soul tendency, it has to be named or another player. BP Miralda or Rydell will lighten it, but the BP's just before Monk won't do anything for you(except spam you with magic).

Posted on Jan 3, 2012 6:38:30 AM PST
Kendahl says:
HIM what level are you?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2012 6:48:46 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 3, 2012 6:48:53 AM PST
I was wondering more about the co-op dupe glitch. The thomas one can't dupe him the friend's ring, and I don't think I have 2 of those. You can hold it for a moment if you want to though.

Thanks for the update however, I should have a PBS and PMS that I can give.

Posted on Jan 3, 2012 6:52:32 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 3, 2012 6:53:37 AM PST
D_Strasse says:
I have all of those except the pure Bladestone - used it. My SL is close to 200 though.

Also, I think you need to go two cycles of killing all the NPC BPs to go from PB to PW soul tendency. (Pretty much why you should do the friends rings first IIRC.)

Posted on Jan 3, 2012 7:57:16 AM PST
Him says:
Kendahl, I'm SL211. I just need to get the Friends Ring for that trophy and I'm working on the final 5 unique weapons trophy. I also need the Pure Bladestone and Pure Darkmoonstone and I'll plat this game finally.

I think I have that crossbow as well and would be happy to let you borrow it Capt.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2012 8:00:18 AM PST
D_Strasse says:
I might have a an extra Darkmoon stone also. Ping me if you want.

Posted on Jan 3, 2012 8:02:40 AM PST
Earn the trophy yourself...i know I sound like a punk, but you really will feel a huge sense of accomplishment if you can earn the Demon Souls plat. Its still the trophy I brag the most about because I earned it 100% by myself. IMO if you let someone drop three of the hardest items in the game (for sure), you really didn't earn the trophy.

Posted on Jan 3, 2012 8:02:42 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 3, 2012 8:03:41 AM PST
Him says:
I'm going to need some co-op help...I've never done that before. I don't have a bluetooth mic...do I need one to make it easier?

You can glitch them so I don't take your last one.

Cory, mind your own business. I've been farming those two stones for 6 months. Just because you don't want to help doesn't mean others feel that way.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2012 8:04:59 AM PST
D_Strasse says:
Can't bluetooth on this game or Dark Souls. People who do want to party chat while playing these, usually play PS3 and party chat on the 360 at the same time. (Obviously this doesn't work if you have a 360 copy of Dark Souls.)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2012 8:27:37 AM PST
My friends and I all use Skype when we play it. That way there's no PTT key.

@Cory, not everyone has countless hours to spend trying to farm the PBS. Lives outside of video games keep some people from endlessly grinding.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2012 8:35:20 AM PST
Mojie55 says:
In saying that I kind of agree with Cory. I had every trophy except for pure bladestone after 160 hours of play. I grinded for pure bladestone till 250 hours of play. 90 hours killing the same dude. Never got it, asked for help and held someone elses +5 blade. I got the plat. I never earned it and it ate away at me till I started grinding again. Another 50 hours put in.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2012 8:43:49 AM PST
I spent about 5 hours on that one. I would've given up at 6. I couldn't ever find any joy in saying, "I got this trophy, but to get it I threw away almost 6 full days to grab a virtual item by repeating the same movements for 140 hours".

Not for me.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2012 8:45:40 AM PST
D_Strasse says:
I was close to doing the same thing with the Channeler Trident.

_The_ saving grace, if you can consider it that, is that the spot to farm Pure Bladestone is also THE best level griding location in the game.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2012 8:50:09 AM PST
I spent about 5-7 hours on the trident until I finally got the drop. That was a little bit of a pain. I think the toughest trophy was farming the covenants for miracles (especially the darkmoon), but that only took a few hours for each of them due to the new drop rates. Even so, each covenant drop location was different; it kept it fresh. I also picked up other items along the way and it wasn't a total loss. Collecting all of the Miracles took the longest time to achieve next to the rare weapon trophy.

Posted on Jan 3, 2012 9:11:43 AM PST
Him says:
My only complaint is that there should be more you can do to up the chances that the lizards or DK Skeletons drop what you need. Even if/when I plat the game, it won't make me stop playing it. There's too many things that I wonder "what would happen if I did this?"

What I didn't realize is that soul tendency carries over from game to game...now I'm in NG++ and the BPs are even tougher.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2012 9:14:33 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 3, 2012 9:15:10 AM PST
D_Strasse says:
"My only complaint is that there should be more you can do to up the chances that the lizards or DK Skeletons drop what you need. "

There is though:

*Make sure world 4 is in Pure Black World Tendency (BP will show at the start of 4-1) - which basically means you have to play offline until you get it or you might be constantly having to suicide in the world.
*Make sure you are carrying the Great Sword of Searching in your off hand.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2012 9:19:36 AM PST
Him says:
Ironically, the Great Sword of Searching is one of 5 weapons I don't have. I did kill the Old Hero again last night, so I'm headed to Stonefang to get Ed to make it for me. Also, I have tons of Ephemereal Eyes, so I have been farming in PBWT.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2012 9:19:43 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 3, 2012 9:20:11 AM PST
Mixed feelings on the SoS. I've heard it ups all drop rates, so you have a higher chance to get the low grade stones too, thereby theoretically dropping the overall chances of the PBS.

I got the plat in Dark Souls awhile ago, but I've made two new characters since then and still can't stop playing it. The game is just too good.

Posted on Jan 3, 2012 9:22:33 AM PST
Him says:
I keep going back to Demons Souls because it's just so deep. Dark Souls held me for several weeks, but (to me) it's not the same draw.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2012 9:24:37 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 3, 2012 9:27:35 AM PST
I felt kind of the same until I started playing co-op more in Dark Souls. Once I started messing around with different covenants and playing co-op with my friends the game drew me in again.

I also like that you can have 10 characters on DkS per profile. Once you get the gameplay down its fairly easy to rush a character through and build them how you want. It's very difficult for new players though. There are a ton of griefers that rush high-end weaponry at a very low soul level, then invade and pick on new players.

Posted on Jan 3, 2012 9:49:42 AM PST
TCB says:
Trophy Cheater! JK. I have 2 platinum trophies for Demon's Souls - one for the asian import version and one for the U.S. version. The game is awesome. I've probably finished it at least 20 times between the two versions.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
What "graphically demanding" PS4 game would be coming to the NX? 14 5 minutes ago
Why Have Microsoft's Xbox Consoles Fallen Short in the Console War? 14 8 minutes ago
OT: looks like whoever closed out the main OT got banned spamming it to death so I guess this is the new main OT 2299 17 minutes ago
I am really not a fan of Bethesda but..... 37 18 minutes ago
Any New PS4 Bundle News? 6 20 minutes ago
Weekend recap and weekly gaming 2/8 - 2/11 51 21 minutes ago
Random High-dea: Fallout 4 29 43 minutes ago
Single player campaign is confirmed for Titanfall 2 15 44 minutes ago
OT: Deadpool movie reviews are coming in. Positive reviews everywhere! 16 46 minutes ago
12 Games in 12 Months 2015-2016 edition 388 49 minutes ago
GT Sport Beta starts early 2016, sign up here. 0 49 minutes ago
Black Ops 3 is actually really decent 187 50 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  12
Total posts:  78
Initial post:  Jan 3, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 20, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions