Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Pop Ups Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Anybody playing Sleeping Dogs yet?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 557 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 14, 2012 9:30:29 PM PDT
C'mon VGF, I rely on you for early impressions!

Posted on Aug 14, 2012 9:52:59 PM PDT
Yes, and it's awesome. Loving it.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 14, 2012 10:17:16 PM PDT
Awesome. Would you say that it's more like an open world in an RPG, where exploration is rewarded with loot and side quests, or an open world like Red Dead Redemption, where you can go anywhere but really aren't rewarded as much for it? If that makes sense.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 14, 2012 10:42:46 PM PDT
Um, not really like either one. More like RPG than RDR, but really most like GTA. I hesitate to say that, though, because I don't really like the GTA games (at least, not 4 specifically). Sleeping Dogs is far better than the GTA games. The combat is much better, the cars handle better, and the world seems more well-realized. But exploring around nets you a bunch of side missions, there are hidden secrets you can find, though not as many as in most RPGs...more than in most GTA type games. Really loads of fun.

Posted on Aug 14, 2012 10:45:02 PM PDT
As an FYI, I also picked up Darksiders 2 last night at the midnight launch, and while that game is awesome, once SD arrived via UPS today I haven't put Darksiders 2 back in. SD is just that good.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 14, 2012 10:49:01 PM PDT
Bu-but..Darksiders II is getting better reviews.... You're doing it wrong!

Posted on Aug 15, 2012 12:18:31 AM PDT
SuperHiro says:
Hows the customization in sleeping dogs? Can you customize clothes? Cars?

Posted on Aug 15, 2012 12:42:45 AM PDT
Yea clothes. No cars. Awesome game I agree really fun. It's unique on its on they did well with it and it's worth a try from handling to graphics story and the all star voice actors it's solid. At least give it a rent.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 15, 2012 12:50:02 AM PDT
SuperHiro says:
I think gametrailers complained about the voice acting in that it isn't very authentic and kinda cheesy. Something about how everybody in hong kong seems to speak stereotypical hollywood broken asian english, though I don't care about that all too much. I'm really liking that they seemed to integrate the mobile car-jacking from Just Cause 2 as I find myself missing that in a lot of other sandbox games.

Posted on Aug 15, 2012 4:37:44 AM PDT
WesCyde says:
Got mine late yesterday so only got to play a couple hours. So far I am really enjoying the game, it does not look bad at all graphic wise. It took a minute to get used to the movements for me but as you play its becomes normal. FIghting is fun although due to its RPG style you will start with a minor set of combos. however something i did notice is different enemies such as bigger ones have different attacks so you cannot get complacent with your fighting one guy picked me up in a bear hug. It does have plenty to do as i can see already and i really like how things like food and drink give you melee boosts and I am sure other stuff will do that as well. Driving is a blast, still getting used to being on the other side though but with such small alleys in some case its fun to go fast. I cannot go into much more since i have barely had the chance to play so looking for others impressions that have maybe got a little more time with it.

Posted on Aug 15, 2012 4:43:50 AM PDT
Scratchy says:
Loving every minute of the game. The game rewards you for the way you kill off guys creatively, using the environment or countering someone arkham city style. Chase scenes are amazing and not as cheesy and unnecessary as in most other GTA games. You actually feel like it's a chase and not a timed mission where you need to stay close to an npc or you have to start over.

Posted on Aug 15, 2012 4:46:58 AM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 15, 2012 4:59:54 AM PDT
WesCyde says:
One of my only initial peeves was when you have to chase someone i have caught up a couple times but you cannot tackle them because it wants you to get to the end for fighting a few together but a cop can tackle me

Posted on Aug 15, 2012 5:44:25 AM PDT
FOGE says:
So since the game is in Hong Kong, are all the other drivers bad drivers?

Posted on Aug 15, 2012 6:02:56 AM PDT
Marvelous says:
I'm really liking the game so far. The Graphics are decent, but they did an awesome job with combat, chase sequences, atmosphere, and even gun mechanics are solid IMO. You can customize your clothes, but you have to search out different store to get a variety, and you have to level up for certain clothes to be available to you. You can't customize cars, but you can choose the color after purchased. The car handling and sounds are really good though. The story is actually keeping my attention as well, and I would give the game a 4/5 stars.

My biggest problem in the game is I keep driving on the wrong side of the road! lol

Posted on Aug 15, 2012 6:06:44 AM PDT
StriderNeo15 says:
Mine is out for delivery today, still have a ways to go in Half Life 2, but I'm not sure I'll be able to prevent myself from trying this out tonight, sounds great.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 15, 2012 6:12:05 AM PDT
FOGE says:
I dont know if youre there yet, but there is a really intense scene on a bridge and its one of the most memorable moments in gaming for me. Im jealous that you get to play that game for the first time.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 15, 2012 6:13:42 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 15, 2012 6:20:34 AM PDT
StriderNeo15 says:
I just finished Nova Prospekt.

I've been to a few parts on a bridge, you mean with the train?

edit: and you don't have to be too jealous, I watched my roommate play through the majority of the game in college haha.

Posted on Aug 15, 2012 6:14:02 AM PDT
Marvelous says:
I also thought it was awesome that they put in such details in this game, that while in your apartment you could use the toliet, wash your hands, and get something to drink out of the fridge to increase your strike damage.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 15, 2012 6:47:34 AM PDT
WesCyde says:
My biggest problem in the game is I keep driving on the wrong side of the road! lol

I am telling you that is mine too, its very hard to break that habit.

Did anyone else get that special pack the "retro 80s triad pack" Man that outfit is straight of the movie "big trouble in little china" especially those glasses

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 15, 2012 6:52:41 AM PDT
Add me to the list of morons driving on the wrong side of the road. I'm not normally into these types of games, can't stand Grand Theft Auto but i'm really enjoying this one, I think its because i've always been a huge fan of foreign martial arts movies and this makes me feel like i'm playing one.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 15, 2012 6:53:46 AM PDT
FOGE says:
I did the exact same thing with my roommate in college.

Theres a scene with a helicopter on a bridge. Its intense.

Posted on Aug 15, 2012 6:55:07 AM PDT
JJ4prez says:
I am just going to wait until GTAV :)

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 15, 2012 6:55:41 AM PDT
WesCyde says:
Yah the fighting is fun especially when you catch like two people with a roundhouse.. I am in my living room going Wahhhh ,Wahhhhh

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 15, 2012 7:00:02 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 15, 2012 7:05:21 AM PDT
Marvelous says:
I preordered mine through gamestop, so I got the extra swat mission and swat uniform - although I didn't see it in my wardrobe...

I bet they are going to evetually start offering extra clothing packs for $5 bucks each.

As for the combat, It's very fluid, and while I love doing combos I found using the enviroment to take enemies down so awesome.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 23 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Hate How Amazon Won't Publish All My Written Reviews 0 6 minutes ago
Someone Actually Paid $1,300 for an Early Copy of No Man's Sky Read more at http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2... 6 1 hour ago
Pointless stop-gap for gullible gamers. 5 reasons why the Xbox One S is worse than the original. 17 1 hour ago
OT: #DNCLEAKS i'll leave this here, since 72 1 hour ago
Rate the last videogame you bought. 24 1 hour ago
LOL: Xbox One S Requires Day One Update to Display 4K Media and Play 4K Blu Ray 73 2 hours ago
I think Sony should be boycotted if they don't improve by next generation with consoles. 3 2 hours ago
Five Video Game Franchises That Lost Their Way 10 2 hours ago
OT: Hillary Clinton has escaped prosecution more times than El Chapo 22 2 hours ago
Paul Feig´s Ghostbusters 2016 flops really hard at the box office 11 2 hours ago
Weekend Gaming Thread 7/29 - 7/31: Imagine something overly witty written here comically reflecting on the events of the past week. 71 2 hours ago
Will the NX fail as hard as the Wii U did? 1 2 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  37
Total posts:  557
Initial post:  Aug 14, 2012
Latest post:  Oct 24, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions