Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT:if you had a Time Machine, What Time Period would you go back to?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 29 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 20, 2012 12:39:00 AM PDT
Modern Wolf says:
as for me i would probably go back to the Wild West Era. i love how you could carry around guns. plus the Saloons were awesome

Posted on May 20, 2012 12:41:34 AM PDT
Jon says:
A time in which there was a world to explore. In reality, a time machine will only be able to bring us forward so in that case, a time in which there is space to explore.

In reply to an earlier post on May 20, 2012 12:50:10 AM PDT
Jawwaad says:
I'd go back to the time right before the people at Microsoft decided to make a console and tell them of their future of having no exclusives.

Posted on May 20, 2012 12:54:13 AM PDT
Roaring '20s.

Posted on May 20, 2012 12:58:41 AM PDT
1984. Me and my dog. Living with my grandparents. Some rough points during that year, as I mentioned in the atheist thread.

But at least I had my dog. And I didn't have to worry about paying any bills. And there was no internet, although I did have a 5200. So I frequently took my dog for long walks, in a remote area where I would let her run. And no one bothered me because she was not on the leash.

Posted on May 20, 2012 2:10:30 AM PDT
The 1950s, though the dream of its awesomeness is highly influenced by Lea Thompson's sweet azz.

The wild west days would be fun. Though most Hollywood depictions are historically inaccurate. I'd still love to order 3 fingers of whisky while playing poker and listening to the piany in the corner. Plus the babes, in a half-Amish, half-Victorian way, were pretty hot.

I'd love to travel back thousands of years to witness the familiar Egyptian culture.

Even further back to see the dinosaurs.

In reply to an earlier post on May 20, 2012 2:14:50 AM PDT
Anthony says:
i think my two major problems with going back in time would be the poor hygene and the food. going into the future is another story. hello New York Stock Exchange and Las Vegas...

Posted on May 20, 2012 4:26:12 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 20, 2012 4:26:25 AM PDT
MrFoxhound says:
I would tell the people who chose to set Barabbas free the error of ther ways and that they were basically creating a super martyr and destroying the world in the process.

In reply to an earlier post on May 20, 2012 4:31:48 AM PDT
Those Saloons were awesome.....You could be Doc Holiday and i could be Miss Kitty....

Posted on May 20, 2012 4:51:18 AM PDT
LiL Bill says:
I would go back to "Red Dead Redemption" and kick Jack Marston's *** for being such a Do--uchebag of a character...well just meeting all those characters and all would be awesome..dont know if i would want to meet Seth Briars..that dude was pretty messed up..haha

Posted on May 20, 2012 5:01:43 AM PDT
i would go to dec. 22nd 2012 to see what it looks like after world destruction...

Posted on May 20, 2012 5:20:23 AM PDT
I'd be much more interested in going forward to see the future. We have time machines capable of taking you backwards already. They are called books

In reply to an earlier post on May 20, 2012 5:22:54 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 20, 2012 5:25:11 AM PDT
Books take you backwards and forwards...Wait..Sooo do time machines----♫♥ Cha Cha Cha ♫♥

Posted on May 20, 2012 5:44:28 AM PDT
Sisyphus says:
I'd go back to 28 AD and tell that Jesus dude how his new religion just becomes another reason to hate and kill people.

In reply to an earlier post on May 20, 2012 6:21:49 AM PDT
The Mayan calendar does not end on December 22. Some researchers and archeologists just found a room in Guatemala with a calendar that goes on for a long time. They used the term "octillions", as in, octillions of years.

In reply to an earlier post on May 20, 2012 6:24:21 AM PDT
Make you do the same thing for Mohammed. While you are at it, take a camera with you and take a picture of Mohammed's 10 year old girlfriend.

Posted on May 20, 2012 6:26:42 AM PDT
Jake Johns says:
That one time when stuff happened.

In reply to an earlier post on May 20, 2012 6:29:44 AM PDT
Right. That time was a good time.

In reply to an earlier post on May 20, 2012 6:36:02 AM PDT
Sisyphus says:
I don't imagine that would suprise him much since he spent the last ten years of his life killing thousands of people.

Posted on May 20, 2012 6:36:37 AM PDT
Jake Johns says:
Ah, good yesterday, good yesterday.

In reply to an earlier post on May 20, 2012 7:01:55 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 20, 2012 7:02:29 AM PDT
Nice to see that you feel that way about him. Or you could verify whether or not he actually existed. This came up on a conservative site, recently.

Nothing Jesus said warrants the despicable actions of the Vatican, certain popes, certain christians, certain churches, the Puritans, not to mention all the christians who downplay the significance of mental illness.

Posted on May 20, 2012 8:00:06 AM PDT
Go back? I think not. I'm looking ahead to the future. Sure some cool stuff happened in the past but it is just that, the past. I want to see the unknown, experience the worlds that I would never see because I'd be dead long before they existed. I want to see aliens, space travel be common practice, humans on other planets besides Earth, the moon (not really a planet but whatever), and Mars.

Also I want a light saber damn it.

In reply to an earlier post on May 20, 2012 8:02:14 AM PDT
Same for me, actually. See you there. :)

In reply to an earlier post on May 20, 2012 8:11:07 AM PDT
But what if the future turns out to be like the past???..A continuum if you will-----Would you really want to know???

Posted on May 20, 2012 9:00:21 AM PDT
Kr155 says:
I go back to last week and win the lottery
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  18
Total posts:  29
Initial post:  May 20, 2012
Latest post:  May 20, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions