Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

The Elder Scrolls Online PS4 & Xbox One Release Date is June 2014......

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-24 of 24 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 11, 2013 9:27:28 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 11, 2013 9:28:47 AM PST
got mayo?™ says:
................Two Months After PC & Mac

April 4th!! NicE!

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/12/11/the-elder-scrolls-online-ps4-xbox-one-release-date-is-june-2014-two-months-after-pc/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=the-elder-scrolls-online-ps4-xbox-one-release-date-is-june-2014-two-months-after-pc

Bethesda has finally peeled back the curtain on a release date for The Elder Scrolls Online, with the game coming out on April 4th, 2014 for the PC and Mac, while a PS4 and Xbox One version will follow some time in June 2014.

To coincide with this news, a new trailer for the game was brought out:

Game Director Matt Firor offered up this message for The Elder Scrolls Online:

"Greetings everyone. As we are approaching the end of 2013 and heading into our launch year, I thought I'd take a moment to thank you, our community, for your continued support. I'd also like to give you an update on the game's development and our launch plans for 2014.

First, thanks to everyone involved in the ESO community: those we met at trade shows, those of you on social media, and those that have had a chance to play the game and provided invaluable feedback through beta testing. I personally am humbled by the intense feelings of excitement expressed to us by the community at large. At shows like PAX East, PAX Prime, Gamescom, Eurogamer Expo, Paris Games Week, etc. - we always had three to four hour lines to play ESO. We know those wait times weren't easy, and the great patience and enthusiastic reception you showed was remarkable. Everyone here at ZeniMax Online appreciates each and every one of you and your fantastic support of the game.

Game development is coming along very well. We completed major systems development, and are focusing on making this the Elder Scrolls game you expect: polishing the hundreds and hundreds of hours of content, making combat even more fun and responsive, fixing quest issues, and much, much more. In fact, we plan on spending the next few months before launch reacting to the latest feedback from internal and external testers and gameplay data we have collected.

As some of you know, we've been in beta testing for about a year now, leading up to our most recent test in late November where we had over 300,000 people in the game over a 48 hour period. We've had approximately 4 million people sign up for beta and that number continues to grow. We hope that just about every one of you who have signed up for beta will get an invitation to play sometime between now and the weeks before launch. These tests are very important, not only for gameplay feedback, but also to test our infrastructure. Beta tests can sometimes be a little rough when we are testing some systems for the first time with large numbers of players. So thank you to all who have participated for your understanding and support. It is very much appreciated.

Worldwide demand for The Elder Scrolls Online is extraordinarily high. This means we need to do a staggered rollout of the different versions of the game to spread out the initial service load and ensure an enjoyable, smooth gameplay experience. It is not only a game we are launching - it is a large online service as well, and our number one priority is to ensure a trouble-free, stable rollout for everyone.

We long ago promised that as soon as a version of the game is ready, we will launch it. So we're happy to announce that the game will launch worldwide for PC and Mac players on Friday, April 4, 2014, while PlayStation 4 and Xbox One fans will see the game arriving on consoles in June 2014.

Again, thank you for your continued support and enthusiasm over the past year. We are very proud of this game and excited to share it with you. We can't wait to see you in the game in 2014! -Matt"

There was no news about a date for the PS4 beta, or if they'd changed the subscription fee at all, so stay tuned for more news as it arrives.

Posted on Dec 11, 2013 9:29:59 AM PST
DukeNole says:
I was extremely interested until I heard there would be a subscription fee. Pass...

Posted on Dec 11, 2013 9:30:11 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 11, 2013 9:30:28 AM PST
Kruger says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2013 9:53:39 AM PST
WesCyde says:
Yah I am on the same page with you, Not even attempting to follow anything about this game

Posted on Dec 11, 2013 9:59:17 AM PST
Joel H. says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2013 10:01:52 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 11, 2013 10:02:23 AM PST
WesCyde says:
Seriously? I spent only $399.99 Not to mention we already have to pay for PS+ to be online for every game now, and now you want me to spend an extra $168/Yr? + the Game in the first year? Yah I dont think so, I had money put away for my console a long time ago

Posted on Dec 11, 2013 10:06:46 AM PST
J. H. Boyd says:
I have no interest in this game. The Elder Scrolls, Knights of the Old Republic and Fallout are my favorite types of games and they are killing me with this MMO crap.

Posted on Dec 11, 2013 10:09:21 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
Pretty silly not to want this game because of the monthly fee.

I don't want it because it's coming out on PC first.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2013 10:11:10 AM PST
I won't even consider this at $14 a month.

I'm sure they'll make plenty of money though.

I thought this would be like Defiance. No idea it was subscription.

I hope Fable Legends isn't a subscription too.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2013 10:12:56 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
Fable Legends isn't an MMO so I seriously doubt it will have any monthly charges outside of XBL.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2013 10:15:42 AM PST
It won't. It is also one of the only exclusives that will tempt me to pick up a One. God, that game looks like it could be epic.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2013 10:15:46 AM PST
prafaces says:
I won't do it just because it'd set a precedent with me. There are too many monthly charges in my life already, I'm perfectly happy to skip a game that would add another. Personally, I'd be fine if the price of the game was a bit higher, but no more monthy fees for me.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2013 10:17:55 AM PST
Good.

I don't do the subscription stuff.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2013 10:18:40 AM PST
+1

Posted on Dec 11, 2013 10:19:01 AM PST
WesCyde says:
Just being nice and saying you got PS+ every year for $30 which is doable it would cost you about $200/yr to play this game. Thats 6yrs worth of PS+ in one year if you got them on deals which most people do. I am sure it could be epic but I'd rather put that money to something that will last me longer of be of more worth

Posted on Dec 11, 2013 10:21:15 AM PST
It'll go f2p after a while to keep income flowing and keep the world active. In a perverse way, I hope that this bombs terribly so these companies can see that MMO's aren't really the future regardless of what IP they are using.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2013 10:22:06 AM PST
WesCyde says:
Is Destiny going to have a subscript? I have not heard of one for them but just wondering if anyone has

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2013 10:23:37 AM PST
Pretty postitive not.

Posted on Dec 11, 2013 10:28:17 AM PST
amessofamind says:
Nice to see some hard release dates on this one.. has it been stated that there will indeed be a subscription fee for console yet? Either way, I'm probably picking it up, if this game can hook me in to the point where I actually play it for a full year, I'll learn to be be okay with the cost.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2013 10:32:44 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
I just want a single player Fable 4. Though now that Molyneux is gone I'm not even sure I want that haha.

Posted on Dec 11, 2013 10:34:06 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 11, 2013 10:36:38 AM PST
Everyone needs to know that paid scrips CAN save you money if you aren't actually buying other games while you're actively playing. Of course, we've got quite a few big titles coming out next year so do a little research before you jump.

I'm still waiting to see hate from the common MMO'ers with the way that this game is handling agro. Many lol moments until people understand that there's no more 'pulling' one toon in a room and everyone else just standing around like nothing is going on.

Edit @Strider: If they can keep the feel of the games and add co-op, I'll be about 20% there to buying a One. Maybe with Pete out the door, the games will actually be represented accurately to the potential customers. Long time fan of Project Ego before it became Fable on the Xbox.

Posted on Dec 11, 2013 1:28:38 PM PST
T. E. Maddox says:
I am playing it and will happily pay the subscription as long as it continues to entertain me.

People will pay almost that to buy a ticket to see a 2 hour movie.
They will pay $60 for a game with a 10 hour campaign.

As far as bang for the buck goes, the countless hours I will put into this game each month for only $14.99 seems like a bargain.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2013 1:35:37 PM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
"If they can keep the feel of the games and add co-op"

It doesn't really sound like they are doing that. It sounds like it will be an action RPG like Diablo 3 where you have one hub and then go out and kill monsters.

The charm could still be there, but the exploration and storytelling probably won't be.

And I love Peter Molyneux, so him leaving Lionhead is nothing but a negative for me.

We'll see though, Quantum Break is really the only game making me want an Xbone so far.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2013 1:55:39 PM PST
JJ4prez says:
This is way too logical Wes.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  13
Total posts:  24
Initial post:  Dec 11, 2013
Latest post:  Dec 11, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions