Customer Discussions > Video Production forum

Canon Camcorders 24p Cinema Mode vs Native 24p

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 5, 2012 9:58:38 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 6, 2012 9:52:08 AM PDT
Ace Gandalf says:
Greetings People!

The only thing I'd like to know about this matter is if there is any major visual difference between this two video modes (the first one mentioned is featured on most Canon consumer video cameras while the latter appears only on some which are also much more expensive). I'd like to know if there's a big visual difference between the two of them. Most specifically, if the non-native cinema mode, drives too much away from looking like the real native cinema mode, when watching your video on a full hd monitor

Thanks

I Attach here two products, one featuring cinema mode, and the other featuring native 24p

Canon VIXIA HF M500 Full HD 10x Image Stabilized Camcorder with One SDXC Card Slot and 3.0 Touch LCD

Canon VIXIA HF G10 Full HD Camcorder with HD CMOS Pro and 32GB Internal Flash Memory

Posted on Nov 29, 2013 11:32:26 AM PST
Randy Davis says:
24p/20 Native are really old school technology. Even theaters are using 30p projectors, except for those few films that are still shot on true "film". You aren't going to get a film look with video...EVER. No matter what frame rate you use.

The only reason that 24fps even exist in the first place was to save on film cost, so my suggestion would be to shoot in 30fps, but, to answer your question: 24 native puts less information on the card/tape and captures exactly 24 frames per second. 24p actually records 23.97 frames per second.

Hope this helps.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Production forum
Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  Aug 5, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 29, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions