Customer Discussions > Video Production forum

wedding Videographer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 4, 2013 4:21:32 PM PST
I am wondering what is the best type of equipment to use as a wedding videographer? Any suggestions on a good camera?

Posted on May 2, 2013 11:50:48 AM PDT
I use a combination of pro HD camcorders and DSLR. I love using the DSLR, but you really have to make sure to focus well and, if you are going to use it hand-held, you really need to use a shoulder support rig for DSLRs. You also will need a great microphone and, possibly an external recorder, like the Zoom H4 (unless you want to record straight into your camcorder, but I don't advise this for vows). I do use my camera's mic for ambient noise and exclusively at the reception - you may want to invest in a good condensor mic for your camera, if it doesn't come with one.

As for specific equipment, I love my Canon 7d for a DSLR and I use a Canon Xa10 for my HD camcorder. I'd love to upgrade to the Canon XL H1s, but it's a bit out of my price range for now. I'm not sure what you want to spend. I started a couple of years ago using the Canon XL1 and XL1s, which are not HD, but they are/were great prosumer camcorders for their day and I got them for about $800 each, used.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any more questions!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Production forum
Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  Mar 4, 2013
Latest post:  May 2, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions