Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Watches forum

What are you wearing ?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 4651-4675 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Apr 25, 2012 6:43:23 PM PDT
David Wolfe says:
Thanks a lot for links to those pics Steve...Wow...truly, very nice...the Clouse de Paris, the X-Wind, and that incredible VSA Infantry Vintage....I see what you mean about the color, hard to describe....some it looks like bright olive green, some a blackish emerald like color...great shots too, I can't get anything close to those and always get frustrated trying...maybe I need a better camera...anyway, you have a excellent collection there...that SWI is something special as well...love the dial on that one...

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 25, 2012 6:54:44 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 25, 2012 6:55:52 PM PDT
David Wolfe says:
I know that LP, but it is entertaining...we all have to have a sense of humor around here..whether it be microscopic watches, 20" SUV rim-sized watches, elegant presentation boxes, cheap Chinese mechanicals, homages, the "quartz is quartz" group, or the "oh no they're not!" crowd(looking at you weef!), mineral, Sappitek, Sapphire, hardlex debate, etc, etc...Can't we all just get along? ;-)

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 25, 2012 7:48:04 PM PDT
Mike S says:
Like the VSA watch Steve, it reminds me of the Hamilton Khaki King.

Posted on Apr 25, 2012 9:33:44 PM PDT
I do believe Van got "LP'ed" by Amazon. His post appears to have been deleted. I'll bet it was his reply to Mike S

He followed the S with a dash and the word "it" and the robotic censor found an unacceptable pattern!

Could be.

Posted on Apr 26, 2012 6:54:29 AM PDT
S. U. Cohen says:
Wow boys 20 hits from here in my mail box 2day. In comes my 2 cents. Me an old lad (76). Back in the day--WW2 was just a kid with a Pop's in the jwlry/biz. He owned only one watch a Mido that is now mine(still runs right nice). Put it on this AM with a tear in my eye. The watch I want most is a Graham Chrono, but too pticey for me. Any of you boyz familiar with the brand....Steff

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 26, 2012 7:12:21 AM PDT
Van got LP'ed? I was wondering why amazon would delete that post, but did not realize that it was from Van. From you Steve, I would have expected it (lol). LP

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 26, 2012 7:22:05 AM PDT
Welcome, Steff. Not as old as you, was born during WWII, but I truly understand the memories associated with old watches that have been handed down. I have had restored about four watches that were my Dad's and have passed them on to family members. Not cheap, but important to me. The last one is due back to me within a week or so. This one, an old auto 14 carat Bulova, I intend to keep for myself.

Graham makes a fine watch. The big hit on them is their trademark crown assembly. They are huge and somewhat ungainly looking. Not all of their watches sport one, but many do. Less of a criticism is their looks. Some believe them to be a bit gaudy. Personally, I like most of them that I have seen, apart from the crown. Mechanically, structurally they very sound. Hope that you can get one, and please feel free to jump in anytime you'd like. I'm only too happy to pass along my title as elder statesman (make that "the oldest joke") here (lol). Take care. LP

Posted on Apr 26, 2012 1:43:00 PM PDT
LP:
As I sit here wearing the Steinhart Proteus (again) I can reveal that I am subscribed to this thread and I got Van's post before it was deleted - and there was nothing problematic or improper about it. It appears that that combo of letters with a single symbol offended the censor - as if to say I*****a isn't offensive!

And, BTW, if you want you can invite Steff to join your ranks as eldest elder, but you may not relinquish that title. It's not an exclusive position!

Steve

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 26, 2012 2:50:19 PM PDT
Hi, Steve. So Van has joined us in the ranks of the "Great Deleteds?"

Thanks so much for your unswerving loyalty to my status as "the oldest joke" here (lol). Of course all that says is that I am the oldest, not the only one.

Wearing my Deep Blue Day/Night OPS right now. Yep, came in today's mail. Big, heavy watch --- just the way I like them. No box or papers. And I am not about to write a review on bubble wrap. Looking forward to seeing how these trit tubes glow. This baby is definitely weapons grade. Perhaps a little less weight than the Master 2000, sits a little lower, maybe 16mm versus the 18mm of the Master, and 44.5mm versus 46mm. GRiM would like this watch --- has a lot of text on the dial (lol). The bracelet is solid, but a little disappointed in the clasp. Seems a bit chintzy, stamped compared to the rest of the bracelet. All in all happy with it and it should keep me away from the Sales Corner for awhile.

Also, with the return of the watch from Al here shortly I'll have spent all that I will be allowed to justify by Leslie. She, on the other hand, is getting a new leather sofa and dining table, and who knows what else from Ikea this weekend. We leave tomorrow early and will be returning late Saturday night. Just hope that it doesn't rain as my pickup doesn't have a canopy. Take care, my friend. LP

Posted on Apr 26, 2012 6:16:56 PM PDT
I dinn't do nothin'!

I'm the victim!

I think Steve nailed it; "He followed the S with a dash and the word "it" and the robotic censor found an unacceptable pattern! "

I fear for the Republic when skins are this thin and delicate.

I'm still debating about the right watch to go with a tux tomorrow night.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 26, 2012 9:21:30 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 26, 2012 9:24:13 PM PDT
Van, my friend, you know darn well that we are living in the age of the great PC. Sensitivity is just the operative catch word in the operating room of controlled conformity. And, I too, fear for this Republic.

I looked myself up on Google just for grins, and found more than a few references to my "chainsawing down the tsunami sign." There was not one true report of the event itself. I ran afoul of our PC taskmasters, and afoul I will stay.

One more topic I should not get started on... Take care, bud. LP

P.S. To keep somewhat on topic, I am still wearing the new Day/night OPS. Also, I emailed Doug to see how he was doing, but as yet have received no reply.

P.P.S. That Omega of yours will look good with anything. Have a good time.

Posted on Apr 26, 2012 9:25:56 PM PDT
Mike S says:
Amazon deleted Van's reply to my post?
I didn't get to see it ... was I being verbally abused? ... lol

I finally made it home from Rockford, IL. at 11:38 PM ... and still got to be in the office by 8:00 AM, ah well ... such is life I suppose.

Posted on Apr 26, 2012 9:33:57 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Apr 27, 2012 1:53:25 AM PDT]

Posted on Apr 26, 2012 10:01:59 PM PDT
David Wolfe says:
Mike, you should know by now; that kind of language is totally inappropriate for a PG forum such as this, d**n it! ;-)

Posted on Apr 27, 2012 4:55:10 AM PDT
Mike S says:
Looks like Amazon got it. lol

And to venture onto subject ... today I am wearing the VX 200.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 27, 2012 6:38:06 AM PDT
Good morning, fellas. Some of that stuff just drives me nuts. I do not like foul language, period, yet I have seen that slide right on by. But, not the "taboo" thinking/subjects.

Bit of an update on the OPS. These trit tubes on this watch just plain glow. Haven't seen anything like this since the days of yore, before the radiation scare, and if memory serves me right this is even better.

On my way to Portland within a couple of hours. You guys take care. LP

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 27, 2012 6:59:55 AM PDT
S. U. Cohen says:
LP; glad you are having good fortune with tritium tubes, bought a Smith&Wesson(a cheapie for sure) with T/tubes that hardly glowed, promptly returned it...so for me it's super-luminova big time....Steff...with no detritus

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 27, 2012 7:30:40 AM PDT
Hi, Steff. Yep, the tritium tubes on this one certainly glow. Got up a 3:30 this morning, looked at the watch, and it was putting out some serious shining. Of course what I also like is the fact that it is both big and heavy. Has a brushed case and bracelet, which I like. So, until I can afford a Breitling Seawolf this, hopefully, will be my daily wearer for the foreseeable future. Still trying to decide if I am going to sell my Seiko divers or not. Really like their divers --- did all of my diving with one years ago and never once a problem. Just at 42mm these seem small to me. The preceding will come as no surprise to the regulars here (lol). Take care. LP

Posted on Apr 27, 2012 8:10:47 AM PDT
Steff:
I'm with you, I like the current generation Superluminova! My Steinhart Proteus is more than a match for my Luminox from a practical stand point.
Mike:
Yep, I got the test and that was the trigger! Thanks for taking demerit for the team!

Steve

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 27, 2012 8:47:26 AM PDT
S. U. Cohen says:
VS..S.legend uses loads S.lum on their stuff...some GR8 offerings on their WOWTV SAT&SUshow under $100....Swiss Isa&Eta chromosome @+50mm..bought a few lately ...$TEFF
Your reply to S. U. Cohen's post:
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)

Posted on Apr 27, 2012 9:09:05 AM PDT
Mike S says:
LP - Have a safe trip, but be prepared for a horological review upon your return. lol

Steve - a demerit? ... you mean I may get booted off Amazon for that?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 27, 2012 3:16:45 PM PDT
I am not sure if there is any long term conseguences for poking "Big Brother" in the eye with a stick.
I just tossed that out to recognize your efforts, and if the enforcers should arrive in the dark of night at your home, you will know we appreciated your efforts before they burst in and ........

:-)

Posted on Apr 27, 2012 3:50:45 PM PDT
Mike S says:
... suddenly I hear the "silent" black helicopters ...

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 27, 2012 4:32:15 PM PDT
Weef says:
LP is going on a trip? Well, HAPPY 67th Birthday, LP! Or is it 76th? Well, regardless, I know you think you think you're still cute either way.

And lest you all think I'm just a "Quartz is Quartz" Watch Nut, this is what I wore today....my hand wound MECHANICAL (automatic) WATCH and I LOVE it!

Rotary Women's LLE00001/21 Mechanical Black Leather Watch

In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2012 3:14:39 PM PDT
L.P. Recently I usually sailed for 60 to 90 days. I'm thinking about retiring now. I've ruined a couple of PW's under my tender ministrations but they were cheap and made for good practice and spares! I can clean oil and replace mainsprings now on 16s. Still haven't tried a full plate 18s as you have to line up all four wheels for reassembly, which can be a bit of a challenge!

Paul
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Watches forum (631 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Watches forum
Participants:  203
Total posts:  8181
Initial post:  Oct 14, 2010
Latest post:  4 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 13 customers

Search Customer Discussions