Shop Costumes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote Subscribe & Save Introducing Handmade New Kitchen Scale from AmazonBasics Amazon Gift Card Offer redoaks redoaks redoaks  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Learn more
Customer Discussions > Weber forum

Convert Weber 310 from Natural Gas to Propane

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-18 of 18 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 18, 2008 7:33:48 AM PDT
Dan T says:
Hi all - I ended up picking up one of these ( cannot return ) thinking I could convert it to Propane, as there are plenty of blogs out there saying this can be done with conversion kits from Weber. However, after talking with a tech at Weber, she thought it was not possible with this model, as they stopped making kits last year. I won't know until I get the serial numbers to really know. However, I thought I would check here to see if anyone else might know - even if it can be done w/o a Weber kit.

Thanks - Dan

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2009 11:55:13 AM PDT

I have the previous model, which I did convert from NG to Propane. The only way to go is a Weber kit. Good Luck.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2009 11:48:02 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 14, 2009 11:48:44 PM PST
hey, do you still have the weber conversion kit???? if you werent able to use it with your model, can you sell it to me???? my grill has been sitting in the garage for about 3yrs because weber is no longer carrying the conversion kit and I have no clue what else I can do.
Please let me know by replying back!

Posted on Apr 6, 2010 3:00:00 PM PDT
i have a brandnew weber s320 for natural gas and need to convert to propane use,need help to buy the right parts

Posted on Apr 8, 2010 8:21:13 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 8, 2010 8:22:06 PM PDT
Pete says:
As weber doesn't sell the conversion kits anymore, due to liability issues, you have 2 options. 1. get a plumber or other certified person out to your house to run a gas line to an area where you can use the grill. 2. sell the grill on ebay or Craigslist and buy yourself one that works for you. People are selling these pretty frequently on those two sites, and you may have some luck. You're not going to get what you paid for it, but you can get something, which you can put towards a new one that works....for you. I just bought a brand new Weber off of Craigslist today.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 10, 2010 9:18:18 AM PDT
it CAN BE DONE your tech was a tech no dude drop out ... i got the conveter at grander montain ...used it last night and 20 other nights no probems

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 17, 2010 1:36:36 AM PDT
David.D says:
Converting from Natural Gas to Propane is simpler than from Propane to Natural Gas.
To convert NG to LP you simply need to by an adjustable Regulator to increase the Water Column from 7" (NG uses) WC to 11" (LP uses). There is no need to change the orfice. You need a device that reads the correct Water Column. Any HVAC can do that for you. If Weber doesn't sell the Kit anymore than go to a Professional Propane Outlet and explain your need, they most likely can sell you the required regulator. You may need additional fittings.

From LP to Natural gas requires you to reduce WC from 11 WC to 7 WC and make the orfices larger. If you have an exact size drill bit, you can do it yourself. Get professional advice at any LP supplier, not a gas station but a Commercial House. The above is to my best recollection per various web sites. Please verify the above information with a Professional LP Repair & Supply House. This posting is solely meant to make you aware that conversions are possible. Always contact a professional before you play with Natural & LP Gas.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 15, 2014 2:01:43 PM PDT
I have same problem, what is solution?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 8, 2015 12:45:53 PM PDT
GS says:
I have found the kits here:

Call them, they are very helpful

In reply to an earlier post on May 25, 2015 4:52:58 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 25, 2015 4:56:40 PM PDT
Hotdog says:
What was gander mountains part number?

Posted on Jun 26, 2015 10:29:44 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jun 26, 2015 10:30:00 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 7, 2015 7:41:54 PM PDT
This does not sound right. NG jets have big holes, LP jets have small holes. If you leave the big NG jets in place and also raise the pressure you will get way too much flow. To do it this way you will want to keep the pressure low and adjust it by observing the flame.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 7, 2015 8:14:20 PM PDT
another point, I think NG is normally regulated to 2" wc

Posted on Aug 17, 2015 12:14:07 AM PDT
Mary says:
I have a one year old Propane Weber 310 that I want to use with NG. I wonder if there's a way we could trade devices?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 18, 2015 11:23:27 AM PDT
marc says:
We have a two-year old NG Weber Genesis 310 that we can't use anymore after moving to a house with no gas line outside. We're in Oakland, CA. If you're nearby, a trade might be awesome.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 4, 2015 11:10:35 AM PDT
Travis H. says:
I have a NG 310 that I would trade for an LP model - St. Louis, MO area

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 4, 2015 9:11:18 PM PDT
Tom says:
Where are you located?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 5, 2015 8:52:39 AM PDT
Mary says:
I have a LP model that I would trade for a NG model. Unfortunately, I live in Seattle, WA.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Weber forum (11 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Weber forum
Participants:  16
Total posts:  18
Initial post:  Aug 18, 2008
Latest post:  Sep 5, 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions