One of the things I really love doing is sharing healthy recipes so we can all eat healthy, but also have something that tastes wonderful. I was researching online and came across a spinach frittata recipe from the Mayo Clinic. I had to modify the recipe just a little bit to be Genetix Program approved, but it still tastes heavenly. You can use any vegetables you want.
o 1 teaspoon olive oil
o 1 garlic clove, minced
o 3 cups baby spinach leaves
o 7 egg whites
o 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
o 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
o 1/4 cup minced red bell pepper
o 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
* Preheat the broiler. Position the rack 4 inches from the heat source.
* In a large, nonstick frying pan with a flameproof handle, heat 1/2 teaspoon of the olive oil over
medium heat. Add the garlic and sauté until softened, about 1 minute. Stir in the spinach and cook
until it wilts, 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer to a bowl. Set the frying pan aside.
* In a bowl, whisk together the egg whites. Stir in 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper. Set aside.
* Return the frying pan to medium heat and heat the remaining 1/2 teaspoon olive oil. Add the onion
and sauté until soft and translucent, about 4 minutes. Stir in the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
and the bell pepper. Cook 4 to 5 minutes.
* Add the spinach and sprinkle with the basil. Pour in the beaten egg whites. Cook until slightly
set, about 2 to 3 minutes.
* Carefully place the pan under the broiler and broil until the omelet is brown and puffy and
completely set, about 3 minutes. Gently slide onto a warmed serving platter and cut into wedges.
Recent discussions in the Weight Loss forum (322 discussions)
|Does herbalife work?||85||10 days ago|
|Vinegar may prevent buildup of fat||0||21 days ago|
|Phentaslim||38||Oct 1, 2015|
|Advocare - Kidney Stones?||20||Sep 21, 2015|
|The Venus Factor||0||Sep 14, 2015|
|Bitter Orange Extract as a fat burner and appetite suppressant??||18||Aug 27, 2015|
|HCG Diet||73||Aug 7, 2015|
|Anyone tried Xentrafen?||3||Jun 22, 2015|
|Can anyone recommend a healthy fast weight loss program or book that works?||436||Jun 22, 2015|
|Has anyone used DietBud?||0||Jun 22, 2015|
|Has any one tried Liporidex?||1||May 13, 2015|
|I am following a healthy diet, exercising and I am gaining weight!! What am I doing wrong???!!!!||158||May 13, 2015|