Customer Discussions > Weight Loss forum

Can anyone recommend a healthy fast weight loss program or book that works?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 126-150 of 400 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2012 9:14:46 AM PST
Enigma. says:
There is huge difference between muscular footballer and muscular bicyclist or swimmer. If you ask me who is better fit Lance Armstrong or similar size running back I would choose Lance.
Muscles can look lean and in reality still have huge amount of fat,.
Scale do not lie although, I recommend to take pictures and look in the mirror and scale.

Posted on Jan 11, 2012 6:15:53 PM PST
Paul Dunbar says:
The best diet you can try is by reducing the calories you consume.

One gram of fat contains twice the calories of a gram of protein or carbohydrate. Limit foods high in fat, choose products with reduced fat and calories, limit the starters and remove fat from meat. You should include in your diet products with fewer calories, like fruits and vegetables.

Good selections are also foods rich in fiber. Try to turn from white to black bread and choose whole grain cereal for breakfast.

I have a ebook detailing more information on weight loss check it out on my Author page.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 13, 2012 2:44:16 AM PST
Enigma. says:
I do not think so.
You get fat from sugar not from fat.
If you read about how your metabolism works you will know that without fat you will die, without sugar you will be just fine.
The key to loose weight is to eat some fat everyday, other wise your liver will go bad, and you will not burn any fat anyway.
http://www.wired.com/medtech/health/news/2005/05/67473
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-GCMaDjwHE&feature=colike

Posted on Jan 13, 2012 4:40:44 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Jan 13, 2012 4:46:41 PM PST]

Posted on Jan 19, 2012 6:41:38 AM PST
Carl Dunlap says:
Boredom can really effect how hungry you think you are throughout the day. Maybe work more hours or go do some volunteer work to take your mind off of eating. Isn't eating just about all most people do on cruises??????????

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 19, 2012 9:34:21 AM PST
T. Kelly says:
If you're bored, fix a green salad (takes time and ingenuity; think what's new and different to chop and add, like apple?) and eat all you want. Ridiculously low calories to nutrient quotient. Study salad dressing recipes and make an ongoing project of it.

Posted on Jan 24, 2012 3:11:51 PM PST
Nadi G. says:
I recently published my book Look Good Naked where I describe my experience of losing weight. It was not the fastest weight loss, but it's guaranteed and you don't have to worry about gaining all that weight back. It's about healthy habits without torturing yourself with diets. Even though I promote my book as a guide to lose weight, but I wrote it mostly to help people stay healthy on top of getting the body they want.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 24, 2012 9:18:54 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jan 24, 2012 9:19:15 PM PST]

Posted on Jan 26, 2012 11:28:44 PM PST
Enigma. says:
That is true .
Same time 1 kg of lean muscle looks much smaller than 1 kg of fat.
You can see the difference between me and similar weight but really fat man .

Posted on Jan 27, 2012 7:06:12 AM PST
booklass says:
If you eat a vegan diet, and keep your fat content moderate, you should be able to lose weight w/o being hungry. Veganist: Lose Weight, Get Healthy, Change the World Veganist is a good book to follow, as are McDougall (I would add a little more fat to it for the satisfaction part) and The Get Healthy, Go Vegan Cookbook: 125 Easy and Delicious Recipes to Jump-Start Weight Loss and Help You Feel Great. Neal Barnard has a lot to say about Vegan diets for weight loss and HEALTH, as do Joel Fuhrman and Dr. T. Colin Campbell. If you get Netflix, watch the Forks Over Knives dvd.

Posted on Jan 27, 2012 7:21:58 AM PST
booklass says:
I also want to add that if you decide to keep meat in your diet, simply getting rid of the "white" foods like potatoes, sugar, white flour and any processed foods, may do it for you. I also see where others have recommended getting enough sleep and that is HUGE in weight loss and health. I know my metabolism simply curls up into the fetal position when I am sleep deprived. My main thought on a healthy diet, as far as the most important things to consider, is removing processed foods, getting enough sleep, and drinking enough water, and getting moderate exercise. Choose the diet that works for you. There really is no one diet fits all, but I do think MOST of the diets I have seen, meat or no meat, advocate removing processed foods. Here are a couple of other really good books, and you can look through everyone's suggestion and decide for yourself. If you have not done so already.
The Volumetrics Eating Plan: Techniques and Recipes for Feeling Full on Fewer CaloriesThe Full Plate Diet: Slim Down, Look Great, Be Healthy! The Flexitarian Diet: The Mostly Vegetarian Way to Lose Weight, Be Healthier, Prevent Disease, and Add Years to Your Life Again, I wish you the best. I find that eating a mostly vegan diet, keeping my meat portions "normal" when I do eat meat, watching my portion sizes, SLEEPING enough and some exercise will do it. I just have not been doing what I know I need to do. Oh, and the cutting out the "junk" or processed foods. Today is a new day, however.

Posted on Jan 28, 2012 3:43:40 PM PST
Margaret says:
The only thing that worked for me is the Perfect 10 Diet as it balances hormones and made me feel full. I lost 50 pounds on it. I don't know about that new decaf diet much, but it seems fad. I drink 1 cup of coffee a day and still lost weight.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 2, 2012 9:49:42 PM PST
Enigma. says:
I eat all but junk food and I am loosing 3-5 lbs a week .
Quit fooling yourself with this "Junk science"" eat less and no matter what you eat you will loose weight
.http://youtu.be/1XgzJhyfXvo
Please do not be offended I did the same for many years

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 2, 2012 9:51:20 PM PST
Enigma. says:
If you can keep any diet you should be able to loose weight. Key is eat less.
Ok and how will you control your appetite??

http://youtu.be/1XgzJhyfXvo
I did but I use some products total cost 1$ a day

Posted on Feb 2, 2012 9:58:48 PM PST
Enigma. says:
Eat less and avoid alcohol.

Posted on Feb 3, 2012 11:04:09 PM PST
user30 says:
Garden of Life - Extra Virgin Coconut Oil 100% Organic, 16 fl oz oil

from losing weight to losing cancer this stuff does it all! I recommend the 32 ounce jar)

Promotes loss of excess weight by increasing metabolic rate.

that is taken right from the health benefits of DR bruce fife on his webpage "coconut oil research center"
the health benefits are over 1 1/2 pages long! 51 bullet points (I counted)
in my own life besides getting rid of acne, oily skin, hair wont fall out in shower mole shrank on finger no more smell under arms or privates etc etc.
dads seasures are 90% not as long dimentia is better moms ecma is almost gone etc etc.
weight loss is on the massive list of health benefits! it works for me it speeds up my metabolism and supports active thyroid function. I have never had the ability to lose weight so easily before I new about this oil
just make sure its glass jar and USDA organic as the non organic oil has bleach in it for color witch changes the oil to trans fat and that will kill you, USDA organic oil is 100% safe, based on test on lab animals and people! "in the Philippines who eat this stuff on a daily basis"
losing weight is very easy you just need this oil.
im telling you this in all honesty. I have seen what it did in my own life and i'm a hole new man!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 4, 2012 6:25:30 PM PST
Diane Kress says:
The Metabolism Miracle: 3 Easy Steps to Regain Control of Your Weight . . . Permanently

Success for those with belly fat, fatigue, difficulty with focus and concentration, decreased libido, carb cravings, depression, anxiety, aches/pains, weight gain on traditional diets? It DOES exist in The Metabolism Miracle. Based in real science, no fads or gimmicks, designed specifically for those with insullin imbalance. Brynn....you have Metabolism B. Go to www.themetabolismmiracle.com, read about it, and try the program.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 22, 2012 12:18:55 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 22, 2012 12:19:35 PM PDT
I also like The Volumetrics Eating Plan: Techniques and Recipes for Feeling Full on Fewer Calories (or any of that author's earlier Volumetrics books), as well as Dr. Shapiro's Picture Perfect Weight Loss: The Visual Program for Permanent Weight Loss (or any of Dr. Shapiro's other "Picture Perfect Weight Loss" books). Both the Volumetrics and the Picture Perfect Weight Loss series (or even Eat This, Not That! 2012: The No-Diet Weight Loss Solution) feature lots of side-by-side photographic comparisons of unhealthy vs. healthy food choices, which everyone in the family (even kids!) can readily understand.
One quick switch in food choices to try (based on the advice in the above-mentioned book series) would be to snack on fresh fruits & vegetables when possible - they tend to be more filling for the calories than most other snack choices, and the fresh produce retains soluble fiber which most processing (f.ex. juicing) would strip away.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 29, 2012 3:47:56 PM PDT
J. Mcintyre says:
My sister had a friend who lost 30 lbs in 3 or 4 months just by illiminating high frucrose corn syrup from her diet. It is in so much of what we eat and drink now. Read "Gaining Weight?: High Fructose Corn Syrup and Obesity" That stuff is making even little kids fat.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 29, 2012 4:02:54 PM PDT
Becky G says:
Have you tried any of the products featured on Dr Oz show? I totally understand where you are coming from because I feel the same way. Sometimes our bodies just get to a stopping point and need a little push.
My best friend and I are having great success with getting past the threshold by utilizing Raspberry Ketone, 7- Keto, and White Kidney Bean. Its hard to find products that are reputable though so we researched manufactures that are top. We found this site to have all of the Dr Oz featured products at a 25% discount with a money back guarantee. Plus the drs there will help you to figure out what is best for your situation. Also Saffron is on order and that is supposed to help with serotonin/ depression in addition to weight loss.
Go to www.vitaminadvocaes or check out my blog on these products. They really are helpful and Dr Oz recommends them in front of national TV. We have written blogs about peoples experiences with these products....
http://raspberryketonesite. wordpress.com
http://doctorozremedies.wordpress.com

Posted on Mar 30, 2012 11:30:17 PM PDT
KRA says:
i have to losing 19 pounds since January is great. try the paleo diet by robb wolf it cuts out most of the things your already doing but says gluten is also a huge factor in weight gain

Posted on Mar 31, 2012 3:40:02 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Apr 27, 2012 4:00:41 PM PDT]

Posted on Mar 31, 2012 5:35:15 AM PDT
T. Kelly says:
I can't find a "Lighter Life Diet" book on Amazon. What's the real name of the book, or the name of the author, please?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 31, 2012 6:12:02 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Apr 27, 2012 4:00:43 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 31, 2012 6:20:13 AM PDT
I also have a weakness for bread & butter. I've been using a bread machine since my youngest was an infant (and she's 17 now!), and started experimenting with no-knead bread just over a year ago. I love the taste of freshly baked bread spread with butter (or even good-quality margarine!), and would have great difficulty adopting any diet that required me to give up bread altogether. Although I'm fond of whole-grain breads myself, I still have to keep white bread in the house for my spouse's sake, so I can't completely give up on white bread either.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Weight Loss forum (315 discussions)

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Phentaslim 31 21 days ago
Advocare - Kidney Stones? 12 25 days ago
Can anyone recommend a healthy fast weight loss program or book that works? 399 Dec 25, 2014
Anyone tried Xentrafen? 2 Dec 23, 2014
Movies that expose workout women as bullies are needed 0 Dec 13, 2014
I am following a healthy diet, exercising and I am gaining weight!! What am I doing wrong???!!!! 151 Nov 25, 2014
I'm having trouble losing any weight!! 159 Nov 25, 2014
Does herbalife work? 84 Nov 25, 2014
need help buring off this belly 26 Oct 9, 2014
how can i loose weight when i cant move around cause of my health, like slipd disk in my back, and my feet and legs are swollen with fluid, astma, and more, i tried dieting but it dont work 43 Oct 9, 2014
Best Ways To Lose Weight? 9 Oct 9, 2014
180lbs. 5 foot 4 in. 19 yr. old in need of effective weight loss help 118 Sep 4, 2014

This discussion

Discussion in:  Weight Loss forum
Participants:  245
Total posts:  400
Initial post:  May 26, 2010
Latest post:  Dec 25, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 53 customers

Search Customer Discussions