Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Drowners Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Weight Loss forum

Can anyone recommend a healthy fast weight loss program or book that works?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 437 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Apr 26, 2014 2:22:50 PM PDT
PINKIE says:
That's interesting. It reminds me this one -- Lose Weight and Grow Your Spirit: The Creative Hunger Formula

Posted on Apr 23, 2014 7:46:29 AM PDT
G. Lessig says:
Food For Thought: I just ate so why am i still hungry? Great e-book written by a psychologist and Registered Dietitian.
Easy format to read
Learn about the psychology of weight loss, meal plans, cuts of meat, types of fat and carbs, and more!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 7, 2014 10:38:52 AM PST
Joe Richard says:
The Miracle Weight Loss Diet I wrote this book about fasting, its not always easy but it has its rewards and has
been practiced for centuries!

Posted on Mar 7, 2014 10:24:18 AM PST
I wholeheartedly support the intermittent fasting Mr. Walsh recommends. Call it 'sticking to mealtimes' or call it intermittent fasting, it's a restoration of true hunger to overfed bodies. We're bound to feel better and have a more grateful attitude toward food. Cheers, Grady Miller

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 6, 2014 8:10:50 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Sep 4, 2014 10:47:19 AM PDT
Intermittent fasting really is a no-cost way to attain and maintain your ideal weight in the real world. I lost 44 pounds, kept almost all of it off for 10 years, and wrote a book about it, LOSING WEIGHT is not rocket science. I've done a very careful analysis of daily weight measurements and included detailed graphs showing how you can expect your weight to vary, which other diet books never do.

Posted on Feb 16, 2014 10:10:58 AM PST
A special milkshake can help you slim, but also who and how do you ingest that milkshake? Are you accompanied, enjoy others' company while you drink the shake? Do you savor it? Food is more than a collection of nutrients, it is a social restorative. Embracing these elements will help slimming and healing our connection to food. Grady Miller, author of 'Lighten Up Now.'

Posted on Feb 13, 2014 4:34:48 PM PST
CR Petersen says:
I lost 115 lbs with this (and it's free except for the regular foods you need to purchase in your local store): http://www.weightlossmiracleshake.info/5_Habits_of_Weight_Loss.php

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 28, 2013 9:04:45 PM PDT
Right on. Those voices of encouragement who share our own fitness aims are powerful as any pills. Grady Miller, author of "Lighten Up Now"

Posted on Oct 27, 2013 10:30:16 PM PDT
Gary I says:
Well, I personally would stray away from any diet plan involving pills or supplements. Eventually you would get off the pills or supplements and sometimes end up worse off than when you started.

As Chris Powell of the TV show Extreme Weight Loss recommends, it is a good idea to find a fitness minded community. Although he meant ones to attend and join in person, I would expand that to say that an online community would work as well. Not only my personal opinion, but it is a well proven fact that doing it on your own is not nearly as effective as having supportive people to help you along.

Visit lessofu.com for more information...

Posted on Oct 27, 2013 10:24:09 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Oct 27, 2013 10:25:06 PM PDT]

Posted on Oct 27, 2013 10:21:49 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Oct 27, 2013 10:22:36 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 24, 2013 4:52:13 PM PDT
Nicky Jane says:
Hi Brynn,
I know it can be frustrating, and so much information around...
Seriously if you want a simple way to lose some pounds and not only that, but really tone your skin and tighten right up you should check out www.yourcellulitegone.com
You won't be disappointed!

Posted on Oct 16, 2013 2:25:25 PM PDT
I always say bless hunger, that gives food its savor. And sooner or later you've got to face up to hunger. And how successfully you manage hunger will determine to a considerable degree how successfully you manage your weight. I believe profoundly in not eating three hours before bedtime, and sleeping on an empty stomach. There will be thoughts of hunger, you bet, that's when you walk around the block, play Grand Theft Auto, read the National Enquirer or paint the wall. (If you must nibble on something, make it fruit or light veggie like cucumber.) The fact is, when you wake up in the morning you will likely be raring to go and find that your hunger is easily satisfied. Try not eating three hours before bedtime one of these nights and I think you'll be surprised at the results, and learn how hunger often resides more in the mind than the stomach. Cheers, Grady Miller, author of "Lighten Up Now: The Grady Diet." Check out my good-humored diet and fitness articles at www.canyon-news.com

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2013 1:54:12 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 16, 2013 1:56:49 PM PDT
freetech says:
Yes I can recommend a system that works, that is not a diet in the sense it cuts down on the food intake but it does adjust what you eat, and it is very successful. Hunger is a dreadful aspect of most diets and it can't do us any good at all. Anyway - here is the link if i am allowed to put it here - http://www.ladiesloseweight.com

Posted on Sep 18, 2013 1:24:52 PM PDT
I say to Bryan V., who launched this discussion, the very first thing you need to embark on successful weight management is lose the frustration you speak of. Be grateful for the results you've already achieved. There's some else super simple you can do which is contained in my short and funny video www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oLgc9RkNQ4 (Google "Lighten Up Now" if the youtube link doesn't appear here.)

Thanks, and if you have any questions about your plan, I'm here to help!

Cheers, Grady Miller, author of "Lighten Up Now: The Grady Diet" available on Kindle

Posted on Sep 16, 2013 5:09:23 AM PDT
Elaine says:
Check out this link www.kickasselaine.bodybyvi.com it's just come to the UK from the USA and it works and also gives a money back guarantee the only company in the UK to give this and you can get it for free!!!

Posted on Sep 12, 2013 4:50:08 AM PDT
You want to lost weight in a way both quick and healthy. Check out my latest article in www.canyon-news.com page 5 - it's the first day of my 30 pounds in 30 days, which is something I did myself.

Cheers,

Grady

Posted on Sep 10, 2013 11:42:59 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 18, 2013 9:53:24 AM PDT
The All-Food Diet

No fads please, I believe in common sense. Processed food is where the calories are. Avoiding it, the way our foremothers did, will result in our bodies being stronger and slimmer, as our foremothers were. That is what The All-Food Diet is based on.

Hans

some reviews:

"A nice blend of good sense and humor"

"Less a 'diet book' than a folksy polemic about simple living"

"The book had resonance for me in so many areas"

"Underneath the chatty, friendly style, this little book is packed full of wisdom"

"a quick read, a fun read"

"This book is very basic, reminding everyone to use their common sense. The recipes are interesting. It was well worth the money I paid for the kindle edition."

"takes the complexity out of dieting" -- Diets in Review

Posted on Sep 5, 2013 9:13:55 AM PDT
B. Weston says:
I have lost 20 pounds by taking this awesome product!

It is called Satiety Chews from Modere.

www.modere.com/9s9b7n

They are berry flavored (Just like a star burst!) I have been taking them for a month now! I eat 2 /day in between meals- it stops my cravings and i also get a little piece of candy which has satisfies my sugar urge :)

Hope this helps you too!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 31, 2013 1:07:39 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 31, 2013 1:08:18 PM PDT
LM says:
Greetings, Grady. Thank you, so much, for your offer. I emailed you at the email you provided.

Posted on Jul 30, 2013 2:55:14 PM PDT
Dear LM, Your post led me to look up material from Dr. Smoot. His tips struck me as being remarkably in tune with the principles outlined in my diet book "Lighten Up Now" a diet to lighten up your mind and body. In one aspect where we may appear different is he will mention spirit and I talk about the value of laughter in our lives. In you I recognize a sincere desire to change for the better and the frustration of not being able to download. I would be delighted to offer you a print-out of my book, which is available exclusively on Kindle. Please e-mail me at gradydiet@gmail.com Cheers!

Posted on Jul 30, 2013 9:42:08 AM PDT
LM says:
Does anyone have the Weight Loss God's Way program by Dr. Frank Smoot and is willing to sell me a printed copy? I emailed him asking if it comes in printed form seeing as I don't have a computer to download it. Unfortunately, his answer was no.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 29, 2013 12:35:48 PM PDT
This sounds like a great suggestion, learning to tuning into your body's inner cues. And there's my eBook, "Lighten Up Now: The Grady Diet" which is the skinny on skinny, available exclusively on Kindle.

Please check it out.

LIGHTEN UP NOW: The Grady Diet

5.0 out of 5 stars A great diet comedy book June 26, 2013

By Joel Stein

Have I lost weight from the Grady Diet? No, because I have not yet read the book. But I will read this book, and I will lose weight, because Grady is funny and thin.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lighten Up Now: The Grady Diet July 12, 2013

By mm pesola

Ordinarily I don't read diet books but The Grady Diet was such an easy read and chock full of common sense about losing weight that it was hard to put down. "The dogma of the Grady Diet is to be free from dogma," Grady says. His motto: Simpler is better. He discourages calorie counting because it's a guilt trip. Who needs that? He also recommends loving yourself, even when you fall off of your diet. No biggie; tomorrow's another day. His recipes are simple and easy to make. So laugh a lot and lose weight. Be positive and do it Grady's way. You'll be happier, thinner, and a whole lot wiser.

Cheers,

Grady Miller

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 27, 2013 8:10:21 PM PDT
Hi Brynn, Your post is very touching. I weighed over 300 pounds for 15 years. I lost 125 pounds 5 years ago (103 lbs in 365 days). I also eat multiple meals each day but, I rely on the content of those meals as more of a hedge against hunger. Do you know that healthy fats "mono- & polyunsaturated fats" are the only food sources that stimulate hormones that turn-off hunger, & ALL carbohydrates are the only food sources that stimulate hormones that turn the hunger switch on? The sugar from the fruits your eating are the most rapidly absorbed & require a significant insulin response - and insulin is the bodies main hunger inducing hormone & is our bodies main fat-building hormone. Perhaps you should give yourself a break and just enjoy your vacation - there will be time enough to lose the weight once your back. After 5 years I can say that it's easy to keep the weight off; however, it requires an ongoing process of restricting foods that cause weight gain - on vacation I just accept that weight gain is inevitable - when I come home I get right back to my daily diet & my ideal weight.

Posted on Jul 27, 2013 7:42:44 AM PDT
I also recommend "Lighten Up Now," a diet to lighten up your mind and body. . .
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Weight Loss forum (324 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Weight Loss forum
Participants:  251
Total posts:  437
Initial post:  May 26, 2010
Latest post:  Jun 22, 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 49 customers

Search Customer Discussions