Customer Discussions > Western forum

Bathtub scenes - looking for recommendations

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 106 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 30, 2007 6:21:36 AM PDT
I enjoyed Jeffrey Hunter's bathtub scene in 'The Searchers', and Owen Wilson's bathtub scene in 'Shanghi Noon'.

I'm looking for recommendations for more bathtub scenes featuring hunky and/or good looking guys. For some reason, I like bathtub scenes in westerns more than I do in any other genre.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you have.

Sandy

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 30, 2007 7:15:13 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 13, 2007 9:39:25 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 30, 2007 10:51:45 AM PDT
Poocher says:
I hear there's a good bathtub scene in Brokeback Mountain.
Heh, Heh, just kidding with you!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 30, 2007 10:59:26 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 13, 2007 9:39:06 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 31, 2007 7:01:12 PM PDT
Hmmm .... okay ..... I think I PREFER GUYS in the tub - might be because I'm a woman.

Anyway, thanks Sheriff, but I've done the research and have come up with nada.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 31, 2007 7:01:47 PM PDT
No thanks, Poacher. I'm not into m/m action. Some gals might be, but it's not my thing.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 31, 2007 7:13:23 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 13, 2007 9:39:05 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 31, 2007 9:08:41 PM PDT
Devon says:
Hi Sandra! I loved Jeff Hunter in "The Searchers." In fact, it's one of my all-time favorite movies. The only bathtub scene that immediately comes to mind is the final scene in the Mel Gibson/James Garner "Maverick" movie. What a hoot! If I think of more, I'll let you know. :o)

Devon

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2007 6:18:14 AM PDT
Thanks, Sheriff. We have the same thoughts on the topic. Always good to find others who do.

Sandy

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2007 6:19:24 AM PDT
Hi Devon,

Thank you, you know, I forgot about that scene - I will have to see if my hubby has the movie, if not I'll get it soon.

Thanks for any future help too, in advance :)

Sandy

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2007 6:24:12 AM PDT
Hee, hee! I just thought of one, didn't do much for me, but it was amusing - Brian Keith taking a bath in The Rare Breed. I did like the movie, it was something a bit different from the norm. But Brian playing an overly-burly Scotsman wasn't my cuppa tea, though it was an amusing performance & his Scottish accent wasn't bad.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2007 6:45:36 AM PDT
How could I forget? Harvey Korman as Hedley Lamar in Blazing Saddles, with Slim Pickens also in the scene (though not in the tub).

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2007 7:04:26 AM PDT
Devon says:
Oh! I just thought of one, Sandra. But it's not really a bathrub scene, it's more of a nekked in the creek scene. LOL!

"China 9, Liberty 37" Starring Fabio Testi and Warren Oates. Sam Peckinpah makes a brief appearance in the movie, though he wasn't the director. It's definitely not for everyone, but I LOVED it. Mostly because of the...ahem...scenery, I think...maybe. ;o) Very steamy.

Devon

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2007 5:06:40 PM PDT
George says:
First off -I'm Straight.
But being a Clint Walker Fan,try seeing:-
Gold Of The Seven Saints.
He gets his back rubbed,by a "Spunky Woman",as Roger Moore looks on with jealousy.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2007 5:46:37 PM PDT
Aha! You must be country singer George Straight!

Sorry.

From what I recall, and have read since, about Cheyenne, Clint doffed his shirt with regularity. Ty Hardin on Bronco too. Gals of a certain age will doubtless remember.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2007 6:10:12 PM PDT
Harvey Korman -- you are kidding, right? I wouldn't call him hunky or good looking -- just call me picky! Next thing I know, ya'all be recommending Toothy Thompson scenes :)

Actually, I haven't seen Blazing Saddles yet, but it's on the agenda. Thanks, Buddy.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2007 6:13:34 PM PDT
Hi Devon,

Well, I know who Warren Oates is (or was, I think he's deceased now?), so I take it that you're talking about Fabio Testi being the one who makes the 'scenery' interesting? *g* Is Fabio Italian, by any chance? His name makes me wonder. I haven't heard of this movie, so I am very curious and must add it to my list.

By the way, it doesn't have to be a tub. Creeks, streams, lakes ... any body of water will do :) Thanks again for your help!

Sandy

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2007 6:16:34 PM PDT
George,

Did I tell you that you are my new best friend? I ADORE Clint Walker!!!!!!! Although for some reason, the only movie of his that comes to mind at the moment is The Dirty Dozen. Clint + bathwater = Where's my air conditioner! Whew! It's getting toasty in here now! Thanks so much for your suggestion.

Sandy

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2007 6:18:46 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 1, 2007 6:19:30 PM PDT
I'm 47, old enough to know who Clint is, have seen The Dirty Dozen, but don't remember his other movies. But adore him just the same.

Thanks Buddy.

Hope everyone will keep the suggestions coming! I am taking notes. :)

Sandy

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2007 6:40:47 PM PDT
Devon says:
Sandra,
Fabio Testi is definitely Italian and the reason this movie is worth watching. I'm not sure if the guys would like this one, but I did (for some of the reasons previously stated ;o) At the time the movie was made, Fabio was the European equivalent of Tom Selleck. Here's a synopsis I swiped from Wiki.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gunslinger Clayton Drumm (Testi) is about to be hanged when he is given a chance to live if he will agree to murder Matthew (Warren Oates), a miner who has steadfastly refused to sell his land to the railroad company. Matthew's refusal is a major obstacle to the railroad's plans for expansion.

Although he naturally accepts the assignment, Clayton has become weary of killing and wants to try to build a new life for himself. The would-be killer and his potential victim meet and quickly become close friends. Matthew is married to the beautiful Catherine (Jenny Agutter), who greatly complicates matters by promptly falling in love with Clayton. Clayton, despite his growing loyalty to Matthew, gives in to lust and sleeps with his new friend's wife. When Matthew discovers his wife's infidelity, he becomes infuriated and beats her. She leaves him and runs off with Clayton. The enraged Matthew asks his mentally unstable brothers to help him track down his wife and her lover.

Meanwhile, the railroad hasn't failed to notice that Clayton has not lived up to his part of the bargain. Consequently, they've changed their plans and now want everybody who gets in their way dead, including Clayton.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2007 7:17:09 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 1, 2007 7:20:24 PM PDT
Sandra,

I mentioned the scene from Blazing Saddles for its humor, not Harvey's "Hunk Value."

In Peckinpah's The Ballad of Cable Hogue there's a bathtub scene involving Jason Robards (less of a hunk than Clint, though much hunkier than Harvey) and Stella Stevens. IIRC Robards stays outside the tub, bathing Stella. I've go the DVD in now and am trying to find the scene but I've got some other stuff going on too. The scene isn't exactly what you're looking for but there's some light eroticism generated, and you might find that... nice.

By all means see Blazing Saddles!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2007 10:42:53 PM PDT
George says:
Sandra,
It's good to know,I have a new friend.If only I looked like Clint Walker at his prime,instead of a younger,leaner Jack Nicholson.
By younger,I mean 51,just old enough, to see Clint Walker make those 3 movies for Warners:-
Fort Dobbs (1958)
Yellowstone Kelly(1959)
Gold Of The Seven Saints (1961).
But in the meantime,waiting for Season 2 for CHEYENNE in the near future.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2007 11:02:34 PM PDT
Poocher says:
Sandra,

It's Poocher. Not Poacher.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2007 11:22:48 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 13, 2007 9:39:04 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2007 12:59:13 AM PDT
Cambro-51 says:
Sandy, How about Crocodile Dundee? Dundee does a fair bathtub scene in a New York City hotel, while his co-star Linda K. enjoys the view. Pretty funny!

Cambro51
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Western forum (336 discussions)

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Westerns you'd like to see on DVD. 570 Aug 29, 2014
Old Westerns. 49 Aug 29, 2014
ten best Westerns 30 Jul 25, 2014
New Western Writers 37 Jun 6, 2014
How The West Was Won TV Series 18 May 26, 2014
great 50's TV western series 49 May 16, 2014
Finders Keepers (www.otrdvd.com) 18 Feb 23, 2014
Westerns for Kindle 46 Feb 5, 2014
new Western books 19 Feb 5, 2014
AUTHORS....Advertise me your western book. 46 Feb 5, 2014
please recommend western novels 34 Feb 5, 2014
My new book 6 Feb 5, 2014

This discussion

Discussion in:  Western forum
Participants:  46
Total posts:  106
Initial post:  Oct 30, 2007
Latest post:  Apr 23, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 10 customers

Search Customer Discussions