Customer Discussions > Wii forum

Skylanders game replacement disc for Wii?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 35 posts in this discussion
Posted on Dec 27, 2013 11:29:18 AM PST
I know this is an old thread but I thought I would add to it if someone had the same issue I had when I was searching on what to do. I called activision for a missing receiver for the Skylanders portal. The usb is so tiny and it took all of one day for my kids to lose it somewhere in my house. They were really nice and are sending me a free replacement of a wired portal to connect to my PS3. So yay no more tiny usb to lose. The turnaround time they stated is 7-10 business days. So if you lose yours I would call them and ask for a wired portal.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 14, 2013 2:27:20 AM PDT
We had something similar happen where out disk was scratched and would not work anymore. We looked all over for just the disk and not the whole pack. Not finding it though we contacted Activision, called them. It was very fast, they set up case number, had us mail in a check for $20 (Wii U Giants Game version) and told us it could take up to three weeks. We got it back in a week! Kids are thrilled and everything is great. I now have confidence in this company and will call when ever we need to replace anything!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2013 7:43:18 PM PDT
I bought my son the giants pack for xmas and the portal no longer has it... this must have been a problem cause now you have to plug it in by a cord and there is no option to have a USB drive now.

Posted on Jan 21, 2013 11:28:35 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 21, 2013 11:31:58 AM PST
I bought Skylander Adventure game for the Wii console for my daughter almost as soon as they came out. Within a few months the usb came apart. At that time I went to Target/Walmart to find out if I could just get a new USB no one knew anything. I searched the internet and nothing. I ended up buying her a whole new set up. (ugh) I thought I would check back on the internet today I set up an account on the Activision website and got frustrated with that very quickly. I found the phone number posted on here and called. (1-800-225-6588) Followed the prompts for the Wii game console. I had to push a number to say that the information given did not help me and I was put on hold for a CSR. I spoke with a nice man, explained my situation asked him if I could buy another. He told me yes for $10. He set up a case# with my name gave me the address to send my check/money order ( I guess CC over phone is not an option) The whole call took 10 min & 18 seconds. Easy!

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 12:45:09 AM PST
We received a Skylander for Xmas but w/out the usb. Have sent two messages to Activision on their website under Warranty and Returns. We received the automated message saying they have received the request and to follow the "instructions" on returns. There are no instructions on returning items NOT in the box. Attempted to call but always get the "down due to high call volume".....does this company really suck this bad on customer service. I have not problem buying another USB from them....but we haven't got to PLAY the Game yet because the USB wasn't in there....

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 4, 2013 10:42:49 PM PST
Suzy says:
me too! how?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 30, 2012 12:02:48 PM PST
thanks. it will help with the frustration around here. i called, they are sending instructions!!!!!!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 30, 2012 8:15:10 AM PST
Why don't you just make a page on your web site to order replacement parts with a check out cart and no human interaction will be required.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 8:06:12 AM PST
Laura T says:
This is no longer true - if it ever was. Activision does not cover lost parts under its warranty. And that link is defective. www.activision.com you have to create an account to get info

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2012 6:39:17 PM PST
The Wii portal will not work on the 360.

Posted on Dec 9, 2012 5:12:12 PM PST
Vicke B says:
I bought my kids skylander spyro adventure for our wii a few years back. I also bought them an xbox during the summer of this year. I have read the portal and some characters are interchangeable for the wii and xbox. I have bought the giants for this Christmas, and also bought the spyro dvd only for the xbox - I NEED TO KNOW IS THE USB FROM THE WII ALSO COMPATIBLE WITH XBOX or ARE THEY GOING TO START FROM THE BEGINNING AGAIN ON THE XBOX?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2012 5:24:29 AM PST
M. Antinori says:
this does not work. it gives you a phone number to call, but when you call, you are told the call center is closed due to high volume. that makes no sense at all!!! how will the volume go down if no one can get help? is there an email address, because i didn't find one on the website?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 3:24:38 PM PST
Hello oompagrace,

Worry not, if you can't get through the phone lines, you can set up a replacement online. Wireless receivers are $10 (US) for replacement so if you're interested, please see the following link: https://support.activision.com

Create an account
Add Skylanders Spyro's Adventure to your list of games
Select Warranty And Returns

Kind Regards,
^JH

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 3:17:21 PM PST
Hello Bonnie Scoles,

Unfortunately, our 90-day warranty does not cover 2 year old bite marks. However, you can still obtain a paid disc replacement for $20 (US). We offer this to any and all gamers/parents with damaged or out of warranty discs. Please try contacting our phone agents. You can find the number on our support site. Here's the link: https://support.activision.com

Kind Regards,
^JH

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 1:01:20 PM PST
texasrand says:
The wifi fob doesnt work. The 800 number is a joke there is NO WAY to speak to a person. Yes you can file a "claim", then you have to mail the fob back to activision( your expense) then they decide if you get a new one or pay for it. THERE IS NO WAY JUST TO BUY ONE!!! Of course this is a several week process. I bought a replacement off amazon, and it doesnt work, somehow i knew that. All it is, is a replacement wifi fob for the internet connection, not the portal,,,( well duh if the internet connection was broken I would have trashed the game.) Long story short, skylanders is a piece of junk unless you fork out 54$ to buy it all new. Or you wait 3-4 weeks for activision to have one of their workers, ( a at home person not actually employed by the company) to decide if you merit the glorious chance to buy a replace fob for $10. What a racket.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 30, 2012 5:47:37 AM PDT
oompagrace says:
no one answers the phone

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 30, 2012 5:47:14 AM PDT
oompagrace says:
no one sells this

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 30, 2012 5:44:16 AM PDT
oompagrace says:
why is it so hard to contact a person to get a replacement usb they break so easy this is the 3rd one i am trying to replacei ordered one sent a registered letter no response whats up i have alot of money invested in this game and can not play

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 29, 2012 5:09:56 PM PDT
You shouldn't let children handle the original discs. You should softmod your console so that you can play backups. I keep my original Wii games on my bookshelf, and never need to take them down. I play copies off of a USB drive. The games can't be scratched, the games load faster, I have never to switch discs, it's great.

It's going to be annoying when the Wii U comes out and I can't enjoy using backups anymore.

Posted on Sep 29, 2012 5:03:55 PM PDT
Why is the usb "thing"so small? Someone should suggest making it in the form of a skylander character and with very bright colors!! Or an option where you press a button and it beeps so you could find it. It isn't a big deal for teens or adults but since I have a 4 and a 2 year old with sticky hands you know what I mean it's just begging to get lost.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 24, 2012 2:09:21 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 24, 2012 2:09:58 PM PDT
rshawtx says:
Disc replacement is $20. Call the number that Jennifer gave (i.e. 1-800-225-6588) and they will email a disc replacement form along with a Case number and RMA. Mail this form back with the broken disc. Once Activision receives the disc, form and payment, it will take 10-15 days for them to get the replacement disc into your hands.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 22, 2012 2:39:21 PM PDT
Rebecca says:
can you offer more on how to request a usb replacment?

Posted on Aug 13, 2012 7:17:40 AM PDT
Diana G. says:
Thanks, that worked. They emailed me instructions, so I'm good to go!!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 10, 2012 1:01:12 PM PDT
Call Activision 1800-225-6588. It costs $10 if you are not covered under warranty.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 30, 2012 8:42:24 PM PDT
Diana G. says:
My son lost his usb and I went to the activision website like you suggested, but it says lost items are not covered under warranty. I'm willing to purchase a replacement, but I didn't see that option. Did you call or just do it online?
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Wii forum
Participants:  29
Total posts:  35
Initial post:  Jan 31, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 27, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions