Customer Discussions > Wii forum

ps move > wii mote

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 25 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 22, 2012 9:45:42 PM PDT
nintendo can learn a thing or two from sony.

Posted on Apr 22, 2012 10:13:23 PM PDT
Gin says:
Yep, I love my one Move game, it's so cool. I don't even need the ports from the wii we got. Cause this one olympics game that's a rip off of wii sports is just so much better.

God... my snes could also learn a thing or two from my sega cd.

Posted on Jul 9, 2012 1:45:51 PM PDT
Sure, Nathan... the pale imitation is ALWAYS better than the real thing.

It was Sony who had to take a page from Nintendo on motion control, not the other way around. And that's why no one gives two craps about the Move. It's just a redesigned Wii Remote that looks like a dirty toy you'd pick up at the local XXX store. At least Microsoft tried something new and original with Kinect.

Posted on Jul 9, 2012 2:45:40 PM PDT
GarionOrb says:
Kinect, Move and the Wii remote all royally suck as control schemes....ESPECIALLY Kinect. No one's got it right, and this kind of control won't stick around much longer for games. Nintendo's already given up on it with the Wii U.

If I had to pick the one that works best, it would be Move...but support for it is rather dismal.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 9, 2012 4:13:22 PM PDT
"At least Microsoft tried something new and original with Kinect."

People are really quick to forget the eye toy. =]

Posted on Jul 9, 2012 4:14:27 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 16, 2012 9:05:32 AM PDT
From a purely technological standpoint, Kinect is the most impressive motion control solution. It has more real-world potential than the other motion controllers, BUT, from a pure gameplay standpoint, it's gimmicky garbage (well, to me it is anyway). Motion controls were primarily brought out to bring new levels of immersion to gameplay that used to be standard on a regular controller. You could swing swords, shoot enemies, cast spells, and your actions would be mimicked in game. THAT is bad-ass. What ISN'T bad-ass however is when motion controls are dumbed down to incredibly simple gestures because the hardware cannot keep up with the software. From a gameplay standpoint, Kinect is as functional as the Wii remote without the motion plus technology.

Why else do you think that we haven't seen anything along the lines of Sorcery, Red Steel 2, Killzone 3, or The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword on Kinect? Why else do you think that Forza 4's (in which you had no control of accelaration, effectively destroying strategy) and Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversarie's motion control inputs were poorly received? Why else do you think that Ghost Recon: Future Soldier's motion control inputs only apply to a weapon wheel and a quick test shoot rather than the whole game? Why do you think that Mass Effect 3 only has voice command support rather than full-on motion controls? Why else do you think Steel Batallion and Kinect Star Wars got such awful reviews? It's because Kinect is more limited than the wii remote plus and the move controller.

I will admit though that voice commands have awesome applications like shouting "Fus Ro Dah" and emitting a shout in Skyrim, but that's about it. The move's sensor/camera (the PS Eye) also supports headtracking like Kinect and has some controller free motion controlled games such Kung-Fu Live, which actually ended up getting better reviews than Kinect's own fighting game, Fighter's Uncaged. At the moment anyway, Kinect is the weakest of the motion controls IMO.

Posted on Jul 15, 2012 12:18:37 AM PDT
My family and I have all had an absolute blast with Kinect. It's a great gaming device, and the applications it has been given as a general console controller have been quite fun as well.

I still say the PS Move is the weakest because it's just a poor copy of what Nintendo did--and much better--with the Wiimote. ... And no, Garion, Nintendo hasn't given up on it. The Wiimotes are still a very present and active part of the Wii U, if you haven't been watching any of the demo videos they've shown for it thus far. Even the Wii U's GamePad has motion sensitivity built in.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2012 6:23:40 AM PDT
Um better do your home work wii motes are still used for the U and the new game pad is motion controlled as well.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2012 7:46:57 AM PDT
GarionOrb says:
The Wii U still supports the Wii remote, yes. But everything Nintendo's showed off uses the Game Pad, not the Wii remote.

Posted on Jul 23, 2012 6:04:54 AM PDT
Majin says:
PS Move is identical to Wii motion+. The only thing Nintendo can learn from Sony is how to be in the red financially for 4 consecutive years and build a defective console.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 23, 2012 7:11:51 AM PDT
How is the PS3 defective again?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 23, 2012 7:46:14 AM PDT
PIKMIN 3 watch the videos.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 23, 2012 8:02:53 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 23, 2012 8:03:18 PM PDT
and fact that MS was approached with the kinect tech and it was not their idea or tech, but purchased from another company.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 23, 2012 8:12:01 PM PDT
CD Rom

Developed by Philips, Sony

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 9, 2012 6:11:16 PM PDT
mjc0961 says:
"Why else do you think that we haven't seen anything along the lines of Sorcery, Red Steel 2, Killzone 3, or The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword on Kinect?"

In terms of everything but Sorcery, it's because Kinect can't do it of course.

But for Sorcery, Kinect can do that, but nobody wants it because Sorcery was poo. Seriously, that game could have been a Wii game. No Motion + needed either. All you do is waggle the Move controller to attack. Horrible. And this was supposed to be the flagship game for the Move back when Move was first coming out? No wonder they delayed it for so long: it would have made everyone write off the Move because Sorcery is so terrible.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 9, 2012 6:15:14 PM PDT
mjc0961 says:
"PS Move is identical to Wii motion+."

Not true. Wii Motion + is still not capable of accurate 1:1 tracking. PS Move is because the camera can see where the glowing ball is at almost all times (you can't hide it behind your back or something, but other than that...). The only time Wii knows where the Remote is is when you're pointing at the screen and the sensor bar is doing its thing. Otherwise, it has no idea where the controller is.

Now we wait and see how long it takes for someone to say "duuuur Skyward Sword is 1:1 heeerp" even though Skyward Sword is the game that definitively proves that WM+ is not 1:1.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 10, 2012 8:52:39 AM PDT
GarionOrb says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 10, 2012 6:25:57 PM PDT
http://5.media.dorkly.cvcdn.com/57/88/8991d340705870bec191e1fb43086139.jpg

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 10, 2012 6:53:59 PM PDT
"If Skyward Sword were truly 1:1, the game would be unplayable. Heck, it's practically unplayable as it is."
I couldn't disagree more. The only finicky part of the motion controls was the bombs from my experience.

Posted on Sep 16, 2012 12:53:57 PM PDT
Actually contrary to popular belief PS3 came up with the idea of motion control gaming first for the ps2 and it worked with the ps eye, they just decided to wait until technology got better:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isHJAyCICw4

Posted on Sep 16, 2012 12:54:37 PM PDT
Actually contrary to popular belief PS3 came up with the idea of motion control gaming first for the ps2 and it worked with the ps eye, they just decided to wait until technology got better:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isHJAyCICw4

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 16, 2012 2:54:45 PM PDT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZErvASwdlU

The Power Glove says "hi."

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 16, 2012 4:20:39 PM PDT
Yeah, and Power Pad even before that if we're talking motion gaming in general. Not to mention light guns which pre-date Nintendo's entrance into the video game world by 40+ years and pre-date Sony's entrance by 60+ years.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 23, 2012 6:45:59 PM PST
Sabrina says:
The Wii remote does not suck at all!

Posted on Dec 24, 2012 10:42:05 AM PST
Kobeskillz says:
I don't care which one is better. all I know is I don't want a gay glowing disco ball in my coffee table.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Wii forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Wii forum
Participants:  14
Total posts:  25
Initial post:  Apr 22, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 24, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions