Customer Discussions > Wii forum

Skylanders game replacement disc for Wii?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 35 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 31, 2012 3:04:00 PM PST
I bought the Skylanders Spyro's Adventures starter pack and as many characters I could find for my kids and gave it to them for Christmas. They absolutely LOVE playing it. We had their cousins over a few days ago and my 2 yr old nephew managed to eject the game and chew on the disc. The Wii will no longer read the disc and the kids are very upset they can't play it. I've searched online to see if I can just buy a replacement GAME (no portal, characters, usb- we already have all of that) and I'm not having much luck. Hopefully someone can help me!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 1, 2012 6:44:15 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 1, 2012 6:46:26 AM PST
If I were you, I'd contact Activision (phone number and/or email address should be in the accompanying materials), and see if they can help you out in terms of a replacement disk. If that doesn't work, you can probably find it on eBay. In fact, I just did a quick search, and there's one available right now:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Skylanders-Spyros-Adventure-Wii-GAME-DISK-ONLY-/120851169336?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item1c234a8038#ht_500wt_1413

Good luck! I've been playing this game with my son and we both love it! :)

Posted on Feb 1, 2012 7:04:34 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 1, 2012 7:04:48 AM PST
saskamazon says:
another possible solution is to have the disc resurfaced. our gametrader store has a machine that does that. I had that problem after a school friend came over to play Wii Resort with my son .... the disc was so scratched up the Wii coudn't read it. I took it for resurfacing, paid the $4 & it's played perfectly ever since .... good luck, hope you can find an easy, cost effective solution ....

Posted on Mar 3, 2012 5:21:18 PM PST
oompagrace says:
my grand children lost the flash drive that goes in the ps3 that works skylanders. we are done now cant play the game. we have so many figures. is there a phone number so i could get anew on. or any suggestions

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 19, 2012 6:52:12 PM PDT
Alex Andrews says:
Check Gamestop

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 19, 2012 6:58:30 PM PDT
Look in the manual for the game. It has tech support numbers to call.

Posted on Apr 2, 2012 8:31:44 AM PDT
Efren says:
You can get replacement USB plugs, portals, etc from Activision free of charge using this link. Did this myself for a lost USB dongle:

https://warranty.activision.com/activision_web/

Posted on Apr 22, 2012 5:52:08 PM PDT
Dina says:
My son lost his skylanders game and he is freaking out can anyone get just the disk

Posted on May 18, 2012 5:40:56 AM PDT
J Holmes says:
I have just called Activision as my son lost his skylander disc for the xbox - they want me to photograph the game case and portal as proof and then I have to pay £15.00 to get just the game....:)

Hope this helps

Posted on May 27, 2012 5:32:15 PM PDT
David L. says:
You can probably find it on Amazon under "Used". It would be likely classified under as "Like New".

Some marketplaces know that buyers only want the game and buy the figures separately since the consumers don't like the figures it comes with. Other marketplaces buy the game and sell the game and figures separately - though this is more common for the 3DS version since they have the exclusive Dark Spyro.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 30, 2012 8:42:24 PM PDT
Diana G. says:
My son lost his usb and I went to the activision website like you suggested, but it says lost items are not covered under warranty. I'm willing to purchase a replacement, but I didn't see that option. Did you call or just do it online?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 10, 2012 1:01:12 PM PDT
Call Activision 1800-225-6588. It costs $10 if you are not covered under warranty.

Posted on Aug 13, 2012 7:17:40 AM PDT
Diana G. says:
Thanks, that worked. They emailed me instructions, so I'm good to go!!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 22, 2012 2:39:21 PM PDT
Rebecca says:
can you offer more on how to request a usb replacment?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 24, 2012 2:09:21 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 24, 2012 2:09:58 PM PDT
rshawtx says:
Disc replacement is $20. Call the number that Jennifer gave (i.e. 1-800-225-6588) and they will email a disc replacement form along with a Case number and RMA. Mail this form back with the broken disc. Once Activision receives the disc, form and payment, it will take 10-15 days for them to get the replacement disc into your hands.

Posted on Sep 29, 2012 5:03:55 PM PDT
Why is the usb "thing"so small? Someone should suggest making it in the form of a skylander character and with very bright colors!! Or an option where you press a button and it beeps so you could find it. It isn't a big deal for teens or adults but since I have a 4 and a 2 year old with sticky hands you know what I mean it's just begging to get lost.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 29, 2012 5:09:56 PM PDT
You shouldn't let children handle the original discs. You should softmod your console so that you can play backups. I keep my original Wii games on my bookshelf, and never need to take them down. I play copies off of a USB drive. The games can't be scratched, the games load faster, I have never to switch discs, it's great.

It's going to be annoying when the Wii U comes out and I can't enjoy using backups anymore.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 30, 2012 5:44:16 AM PDT
oompagrace says:
why is it so hard to contact a person to get a replacement usb they break so easy this is the 3rd one i am trying to replacei ordered one sent a registered letter no response whats up i have alot of money invested in this game and can not play

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 30, 2012 5:47:14 AM PDT
oompagrace says:
no one sells this

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 30, 2012 5:47:37 AM PDT
oompagrace says:
no one answers the phone

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 1:01:20 PM PST
texasrand says:
The wifi fob doesnt work. The 800 number is a joke there is NO WAY to speak to a person. Yes you can file a "claim", then you have to mail the fob back to activision( your expense) then they decide if you get a new one or pay for it. THERE IS NO WAY JUST TO BUY ONE!!! Of course this is a several week process. I bought a replacement off amazon, and it doesnt work, somehow i knew that. All it is, is a replacement wifi fob for the internet connection, not the portal,,,( well duh if the internet connection was broken I would have trashed the game.) Long story short, skylanders is a piece of junk unless you fork out 54$ to buy it all new. Or you wait 3-4 weeks for activision to have one of their workers, ( a at home person not actually employed by the company) to decide if you merit the glorious chance to buy a replace fob for $10. What a racket.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 3:17:21 PM PST
Hello Bonnie Scoles,

Unfortunately, our 90-day warranty does not cover 2 year old bite marks. However, you can still obtain a paid disc replacement for $20 (US). We offer this to any and all gamers/parents with damaged or out of warranty discs. Please try contacting our phone agents. You can find the number on our support site. Here's the link: https://support.activision.com

Kind Regards,
^JH

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 3:24:38 PM PST
Hello oompagrace,

Worry not, if you can't get through the phone lines, you can set up a replacement online. Wireless receivers are $10 (US) for replacement so if you're interested, please see the following link: https://support.activision.com

Create an account
Add Skylanders Spyro's Adventure to your list of games
Select Warranty And Returns

Kind Regards,
^JH

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2012 5:24:29 AM PST
M. Antinori says:
this does not work. it gives you a phone number to call, but when you call, you are told the call center is closed due to high volume. that makes no sense at all!!! how will the volume go down if no one can get help? is there an email address, because i didn't find one on the website?

Posted on Dec 9, 2012 5:12:12 PM PST
Vicke B says:
I bought my kids skylander spyro adventure for our wii a few years back. I also bought them an xbox during the summer of this year. I have read the portal and some characters are interchangeable for the wii and xbox. I have bought the giants for this Christmas, and also bought the spyro dvd only for the xbox - I NEED TO KNOW IS THE USB FROM THE WII ALSO COMPATIBLE WITH XBOX or ARE THEY GOING TO START FROM THE BEGINNING AGAIN ON THE XBOX?
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Wii forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Wii forum
Participants:  29
Total posts:  35
Initial post:  Jan 31, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 27, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions