Customer Discussions > Women's Fiction forum

Recommendations please

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-68 of 68 posts in this discussion
Posted on May 16, 2012 11:35:54 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 16, 2012 11:38:11 AM PDT
I am a new women's fiction author and would like to recommend my debut novel "To Begin Again" which is available on Amazon. It is the story of a girls journey from a teen, being raised under the strict upbringing of her religious aunt and becomes pregnant by the pastor's son, to the experiences, good and bad as a young adult and a single mother. I think it will be enjoyed all women. Thanks!

Posted on May 17, 2012 7:46:52 AM PDT
The Flowers of Reminiscence

West Virginia, and Texas are the setting for this novel about an elderly woman who wakes in a nursing home a thousand miles from her home. How, and why she ends up there is a mystery that must be solved. Will her journal started in 1901 help?

In reply to an earlier post on May 17, 2012 9:59:30 AM PDT
Have you read Mudbound? It's incredible.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2012 3:19:51 PM PDT
I think you might like this book: Francesca of Lost Nation by Lucinda Sue Crosby.

Posted on Jun 20, 2012 12:28:36 PM PDT
Brother75 says:
Hi Tiffany Orr,

my I recommend "Ruled by Fear" from Kerstin McNichol? Takes place in Utah and is nothing I have expected. Full of twists and turns. Exciting to read.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2012 1:04:28 AM PDT
Buddy says:
Hi Tiffany
I recommend 'Losing Janice' a woman's mystery story with set in small country town. There's lot's of humour and relationship isues too.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2012 4:38:33 PM PDT
Hi Tiffany. I am an excited newly published author. If you like chick lit you should check out my book Australian Men: Don't Go There Girlfriend. I lived there for 4.5 years and slightly fictionalize my own personal experiences with Australian men in the book. It is a funny read and you will learn the real deal on Aussie guys!

Posted on Jul 14, 2012 11:57:34 AM PDT
Jan says:
Beautiful Bad Girl
Beautiful Bad Girl by Gordon Basichis
Small town girl gets in over her head with a rich and powerful man

Posted on Jul 14, 2012 3:40:06 PM PDT
June Bourgo says:
Try Winter's Captive. One woman's struggle to survive alone and lost in the cold canadian northern winter. Empowerment and reflection on life.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 14, 2012 7:26:32 PM PDT
I highly recommend Joshilyn Jackson, too, and Sarah Addison Allen.

Barbara
In the Midnight Rain

Posted on Jul 19, 2012 1:10:40 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jul 19, 2012 1:43:07 PM PDT]

Posted on Sep 8, 2012 1:44:27 PM PDT
Jess J says:
Two Pair: Quadruple or Nothing (Volume 1)

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 14, 2012 5:49:09 PM PDT
Moon Over Taylor's Ridge
Hi,
You may enjoy this book, which I authored. Check out the reviews here at http://amazon.com, or at Book Pleasures.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2012 10:02:51 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Oct 29, 2012 11:08:04 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 30, 2012 3:07:53 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Oct 31, 2012 2:45:13 PM PDT]

Posted on Feb 15, 2013 2:03:38 PM PST
Best Book EVER!

A fabulous debut novel has just been released by an exciting, up and coming author, Jeanne Claire Probst. 'The Fifteen Houses' is a amazing new series.
This author is one to watch as she has such a wonderful way of narrating and drawing her audience into the front row .
The Fifteen Houses follows Julianne Marguerite, as she delves into her recurring and discomforting memories of her younger years. With her you will be transported back in time feeling all that she felt. Truely amazing!

www.thefifteenhouses.com
The Fifteen Houses: A Novel

Posted on Mar 14, 2013 7:21:04 PM PDT
DW says:
If you want chick lit with a touch of humor read Chick FLick. It is about a woman director whose husband leaves her with three kids and a baby. The book is set in Hollywood but it is not cheesy, I promise, and there are parts of the book (when she feels like drop kicking her rival across the room or doing something to her mother in law) that turn into a script format very briefly. The head of casting of HBO said it is, "the funniest book about heartbreak I ever read." You will laugh and cry and relate if you are a Mom. Full disclosure: I wrote it. PLEASE check it out on Amazon. You can read a chapter free. "Life: It can be quite a production."

Posted on May 20, 2014 8:01:57 AM PDT
mikepoeltl says:
Her Past's Present is about a young mother who finds herself suddenly abandoned by her husband - looking for answers to her present, by looking into her past.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Women's Fiction forum (41 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Women's Fiction forum
Participants:  58
Total posts:  68
Initial post:  Apr 8, 2008
Latest post:  May 20, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 13 customers

Search Customer Discussions