Customer Discussions > Xbox 360 forum

Is it silly to buy an Xbox in 2012?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 121 posts in this discussion
Posted on Sep 6, 2012 1:06:07 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 6, 2012 3:07:02 AM PDT
D. Knox says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Sep 6, 2012 5:11:50 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 6, 2012 5:12:24 AM PDT
Lol at all the people who are trying to hype the PS3 in a thread where the OP expressed interest in a 360.

Posted on Sep 6, 2012 7:04:09 AM PDT
BooBoo says:
Never understood this mentality.

Why would it be stupid to be a 360, an actively supported console, in 2012? Hell, why would it be stupid to go back and buy anything with fun games in 2012? Games don't stop existing if you don't play them right away.

Hell, some of the best fun you can have have is waiting until a gen is over and going back and loading up on cheap piles of games to pick from with polished hardware that's had it's bugs worked out.

Thats my favorite way of doing things, sadly I don't really have the will power to just... not rush out and buy things, that often. But end of gen, steam sales, etc, those are such fun times.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 6, 2012 8:33:16 AM PDT
Mallrat says:
Protip: It's hard to not sound douchy when you use phrases like "I happen to own" and "good thing I had money to waste". Way to reinforce a sterotype, brah.

Oh and your post is one of the most biased things I've ever read on these here boards.

Posted on Sep 6, 2012 10:49:39 AM PDT
John McClane says:
What's silly is you've missed out on the best muliplayer games this generation has to offer.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 6, 2012 11:19:00 AM PDT
OK you have to charge the ps3 controller right? It's the same thing with xbox but the battery pack is removable. Plus most games dont even support the six-axis many people call it a fail ( not as bad as the RROD though) Wireless headsets for xbox are 50 bucks they are meant for chat only. You can buy headsets like the tritton detonator headset (which i have) which is only for xbox, they have surrond sound which also cost 80 bucks or you can buy the Tritton devastors, Which are only for xbox and are "truly wireless". There are deals of the week on xbox live where things are always priced down and there always price cuts for games. 800 = 10 bucks 1600 points = 20 bucks 3200 = 40 bucks so forth simple math to hard for you? Do remember when the console launched the ps3 was 600 and xbox was 400? No way sony was going to charge for service with that price no one would go for it. Sony can do whatever they want with their service since you dont pay you have no say so. Please stay off the xbox forum if your miss informed plus the person clearly has an intrest in xbox.

Posted on Sep 6, 2012 12:58:00 PM PDT
Joel H. says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Sep 6, 2012 1:31:48 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 6, 2012 1:32:17 PM PDT
I have a question for everybody here who honestly thinks the 360 sucks and doesn't want anything to do with it.

Why do you spend so much time in the Xbox 360 forum? I'm actually quite curious. The forum's practically dead, so it's not like you even get much bang for your buck out of trolling--the VGF would be much better for that. Seriously, what are you doing here?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 6, 2012 2:01:48 PM PDT
Hey guys - I thank you all for the feedback ... although I did not post the original question "would it be silly to buy a Xbox 360" ... I can see that there are some serious gamers here.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 6, 2012 2:02:22 PM PDT
What did you decide?

Posted on Sep 6, 2012 2:23:54 PM PDT
Forever R. says:
xbox!!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 6, 2012 2:34:01 PM PDT
AndrewA says:
More in line with your OP, you won't regret it with regards to the 720. You'll get plenty of good gaming out of it, and you'll be able to not need the new system until a year or two after release, so you'll end up with a better deal on that system as well.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 6, 2012 2:59:16 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 6, 2012 2:59:48 PM PDT
BOTH consoles have some of the best multiplayer games of this gen, as well as some of the best single player games. =]

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 6, 2012 3:03:09 PM PDT
Forever R. says:
i agree, it was recently brought to my attention that these systems were ment to last ten years, so at most you will have about two or three more years before getting a new system and that is if you get it get it release date. Microsoft won't kill of the xbox 360 like they the original xbox. if they learned anything from Sony that old systems can still generate revenue, the ps2 still have some popular games on them that are still about $30 at Gamestop!

Posted on Sep 6, 2012 3:25:12 PM PDT
D. Knox says:
Good Trolling thread. It is what it is, a tread to get Xbox360 and PS3 owners to fight. YHBT.

Posted on Sep 6, 2012 4:17:38 PM PDT
GyozaSauce says:
Its a good time to buy since the console is cheaper and games are cheap as well especially if you like shmups and Alan Wake is awesome. Git it.

Posted on Sep 6, 2012 8:39:39 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 6, 2012 9:09:55 PM PDT
D. Knox says:
@Myles Daye The headphones you own are wired and stereo. The Tritton Devastators you mentioned aren't even sold yet, you work for the company? Why a big box to plug a bunch of wires into. Sony's PS3 a thumb drive size plug and play dongle vs a box of wires, PS3 headset owns in that department for now. I'm beating a dead horse at this point. When they come out I may buy them, but requiring AAs may be a deal breaker, and the $90 price point is a bit much.

As for points and math, you miss the point, buying points is like going to a amusement park and buying fun-bucks from them. You HAVE TO spend them at the park. Microsoft's point MUST be used with Microsoft. They have your money and if you change your mind you're boned.

@Mushy Douchey, really? You jealous? And what is grammatically wrong with "I happen to own."? Nothing that I can find. Was I a bit boastful about it, maybe. And if you really want to be pissed, YOUR tax dollars paid for my gear as I am a 100% disabled Iraq war vet, and get paid a generous stipend whilst sitting on my ass, not that I really have a choice.

Chose your poison, I have both and cannot tell the difference in game quality. I have 70" HDTV and 2 copies of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare for both systems (for some reason you can't go online with the PS3 version) and I can't tell the difference in picture quality or gameplay, only differences in controller feel. I actually prefer the Xbox360 controller. The PS3 right 2 and left 2 buttons are mushy, and I prefer the triggers on the Xbox360 controller.

As for the comment about posting on the Xbox360 forum: I own an Xbox360 S, Kinect, extra batteries/charger for my Xbox controller, all Xbox360 branded. I have just as much of a right to post here as any other Xbox360 owner, 'nuff said.

BTW all of my information is accurate, claiming I am spreading lies about either system, prove it. I fully research an answer before I post it.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 7, 2012 2:26:24 PM PDT
@ D. Knox
No i dont work for MadCatz The fact is you obvioulsy know nothing about headsets. You saw the sony headset for 80 bucks and you jumped on it just cause there sony but they could be amazing for all i know. You say 90 is to pricey? 90 bucks is mid-range astro a40 249.99, Tritton Devastator 299.99 (on the tritton website and its truly wireless do the research), Turtle Beach black ops II Tango headset 299.99. For someone that has money to spend you worry about money alot. I dont hate the playstation but i just hate it when people try to make it seem like gods gift to the world you banana Humping monkey. =D

Posted on Sep 7, 2012 4:52:39 PM PDT
no its not silly if you have never owned one you will have a few games to go back and play if you have already played everything xbox has to offer i say its sill unless you really love halo and gears

Posted on Sep 7, 2012 8:24:40 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 7, 2012 8:32:34 PM PDT
D. Knox says:
Ay yi yi... @Myles Daye learn to read. You become lazy about how you spend money you will find yourself with no money really fast. The sarcastic comment about you working for MadCatz had to do with you swooning over how great a headset is when the product is not scheduled to be released until March 2013. I would NEVER spend more for a headset than I paid for my WHOLE SYSTEM! I think people who spend $300 on a headset are neophyte idiots who don't know that money does not equal quality. Did I say anything about the Triton Devastator NOT being wireless? Nope I was talking about the difference between hooking wireless headsets to a console. All of the wireless headsets for Xbox360 have a complicated box you connect to the Xbox360, your sound system, and/or TV vs a Sony which only requires a USB dongle. Yes the Sony headset is middle of the road, I don't use them as my primary audio source and never said they were top of the line audio wise. I own a high end 7.2 surround sound system, why would I use the headphones over that? Triton's current wireless models are in a class for idiots who claim vinyl records are the greatest and only tube amps are good because analog is the only way to listen to music. If you were reading I did say that I may buy the Devastators when they come out as long as the price is right (I hate that it will take AAs). As I said before, great TROLL thread...and you can't read...and personal attacks now? I am allergic to bananas BTW :P Now SHUT IT!! (THIS IS TROLL BAIT, will you bite Myles?)

@Christian McClendon: Too right, the only reason to own an Xbox360 is Halo and Gears.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 7, 2012 9:22:31 PM PDT
actually the last year that MS actually supported the Xbox 360 was 2009. Since then....Xbox has no gamez

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 8, 2012 2:48:05 AM PDT
J. Heathman says:
I don't think it is stupid. I played my old Xbox for quite some time before getting the 360. I would buy the Halo 4 bundle if I didn't already have the Reach console

Posted on Sep 8, 2012 3:36:37 AM PDT
Nicos says:
You'd be silly NOT to buy one! You wanna be on the winning team don't you? Unless you like dumb kiddy trash like the Wii or watching 60 dollar movies on the PS3. Then go ahead and just throw the money away. Now if you want a real gaming experience pick up that 360 and enjoy the good life!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 8, 2012 7:13:26 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 8, 2012 7:14:21 AM PDT

Posted on Sep 8, 2012 9:04:46 PM PDT
D. Knox says:
And $60 for a movie? really? I have 3D BD sets coming brand new, like The Avengers for $29.96 and that includes 3D and 2D Blurays, DVD, a proper digital copy (Disney does not support UV Digital copies) and a copy of the soundtrack. I don't know where $60 as a price for a movie was pulled out of (somewhere dark and smelly I suspect) For a highly anticipated game? maybe they can get close to $60, but that is only if you just have to have the game on the minute of the day of release. When it comes to new games the price is same or very close no matter what system you are buying it for. I like the Xbox360 but they can be a bit sloppy on execution, GUIs, and extra fees. That isn't even mentioning all of the titles that require 2 discs because they went with DVDs (9 GB max) instead of Bluray (50 GB max). Lets hope that the next generation of Xbox has Bluray disc support, DD True 7.1 and DTS MA 7.1 lossless audio and that they leave the controller alone. I really like the Xbox360 controller. Is it worth it to buy an Xbox360 now? Hell yeah as long as you get a good deal. I personally paid $139 for the 4GB model bare bones version, the only thing missing was the original box.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Xbox 360 forum
Participants:  47
Total posts:  121
Initial post:  Sep 4, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 14, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions