Customer Discussions > Xbox 360 forum

Is it silly to buy an Xbox in 2012?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 121 posts in this discussion
Posted on Dec 14, 2012 4:35:58 PM PST
Bunnypennyz says:
Release date is set now for December 2013.... you might want to wait it out..

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 10, 2012 8:17:10 AM PST
WolfPup says:
There haven't been any official announcements at all, but the rumors are pegging these things as being kind of low to mid range by PC standards. Unfortunately the market doesn't seem to bear over $400 so I seriously doubt it'll be over $400.

Posted on Dec 7, 2012 10:26:17 PM PST
omnipotent93 says:
well from the hardware they're boasting i wouldn't be surprised if it was 600 to 700 dollars on launch day Microsoft will do that because they're Microsoft Sony will do it because they need it desperately it doesn't matter what you think because they know the console will sell regardless if it's advertised well that's what you guys don't understand

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2012 5:07:11 PM PST
Brandon says:
And remember how everyone was shocked about the $500 price tag PS3? They won't do that again.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2012 5:06:10 PM PST
Brandon says:
How do you 'know'? Are you in charge of pricing for a major console manufacturer? Not sure why I'm taking time to even write this, but I would be pretty surprised if they tried to do this for more than $400. Personally, I would go up to $500 without blinking IF I knew I was getting an A+ experience. But, a lot of college kids/teenagers won't, so there's that. A lot of people aren't very good at calculating the entertainment value they get for what they pay-I probably use my xbox 20-25 hours a week when you consider gaming and watching Netflix, hulu, etc. It is ALSO possible that they go with a base price + subscription like they experimented with a few months ago.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2012 5:01:28 PM PST
WolfPup says:
Dude, there's no way they're going to be $1000. The most expensive successful consoles ever (in dollar amounts, probably not actual value adjusted for inflation) were the Xbox 2 @ $400 and Playstation 3 @ $500, and I'm quite certain they're not passing $400 again...which is why the rumors are that they won't be that high end versus PCs, kinda lowish end stuff.

Posted on Dec 7, 2012 4:02:04 PM PST
Joel H. says:
So the xbot consensus is that the 720 will cost $999 dollars. Jeez I hope it at least comes with some AA batteries.

Posted on Dec 7, 2012 3:56:22 PM PST
omnipotent93 says:
honestly i would wait out before purchasing any next gen console if you can afford to pay for it when it comes out. everyone is so perked up on buyin a next gen console not realizing what to expect i plan on paying attention to both ps4 and xbox durango or razor but i do know they will be close 1000 dollars on launch day so don't bother unless your pockets are deep. on the other hand i think there's nothing wrong with purchasing an xbox this time around we still have 2 more years lol

Posted on Dec 6, 2012 1:29:37 PM PST
Home Fried says:
I haven't played a lot yet since final exams are coming up, but the first few hours I spent playing, I had a great time! I'm still getting used to the Xbox's controllers, though. It feels a little too different than a Playstation controller.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 6, 2012 1:22:02 PM PST
Nice. You enjoying Halo 4? Never really got into the series myself. Been playing the hell out of WWE '13 myself.

Posted on Dec 6, 2012 1:14:42 PM PST
Home Fried says:
No, I got it a few days before. And it was only $350, not including sales tax.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 6, 2012 1:10:51 PM PST
Did you get it on Black Friday? Something like that had to run about $400+.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2012 3:58:02 PM PST
Home Fried says:
I did the same thing for the same reason. I ended up buying the Halo 4 limited edition console, and so far I'm pretty satisfied as well. I had a pretty long run with my PS2 (about 10 years I think), and I'm hoping to have another long relationship with my new Xbox 360. I'm not a hardcore gamer either, so having the latest console isn't a must for me.

Posted on Dec 1, 2012 8:32:33 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 1, 2012 8:32:59 AM PST
I was in the same boat asking myself this same question. Put off getting a 360 for years after hearing how the thing breaks down and all that. I decided to buy the Holiday Bundle in October and I'm pretty happy with it. This may be the last generation of consoles I purchase so I figured I'd go out with a bang. Plus, having the option to play some Original Xbox titles was the icing on the cake.

Posted on Nov 26, 2012 3:45:35 PM PST
Brandon says:
Tough call, many of my friends are in the same boat. I think it depends on how serious a gamer you are, and how much 300 $ means to you. The Xbox 360, in my opinion, is the best all around console out at the moment (and yes, that includes WiiU). Also, many signs are pointing to a 2014 launch for the next console-and honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if it gets pushed back to holiday 2014. Like it or not, Microsoft and Sony are going to milk the current cycle, especially because we are in such a weird tech transition right now. Honestly, I think they would rather keep the current systems around for another three years and then jump in to the new age of cloud gaming. (That is where we are headed folks, so don't be surprised if the next round of consoles is the last). To answer your question....go ahead and do it. Halo 4 and gears are probably worth the price of admission.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 11:42:11 AM PST
Bunnypennyz says:
Bahahahah just kidding I thought you were replying to the original poster my bad

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 11:41:15 AM PST
Bunnypennyz says:
Did u read his post? He said right in it he already has a PS3 and wants to play xbox exclusives.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 11:40:31 AM PST
Bunnypennyz says:
NOt really since they haven't even given a concrete release date for teh next console and the 360 is siiiiiiiic and has some great games plus all the benefits of Live with netflix, music videos, movie rentals, etc, but I'm sure you're used to that on PS3

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 10:11:23 PM PST
CD44 says:
I just bought one last week! Got it right here on Amazon, 20 gb Pro model for $90 plus shipping.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 8:48:16 AM PST
WolfPup says:
Have you had any "slim" (Valhalla) Xboxes die on you? I'm hoping it's finally fixed.

I've had my first Wii die on me, and can't remember what Xbox I'm no lol. I did replace my Playstation 3, but only to get a 45nm quieter model.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 3:12:25 PM PST
Get what you want... I'd wait on the next Gen til some people give out reports of how the console/system performs..
IMO... tho.. Plus,
I've got 3x: X-Box's, 2x: X-Box 360's,1x: 360S Kinect,1x: L.E. 360S G.O.W.3,1x: L.E. 360S H4
"All of these consoles has failed with in a yr or shortly after a yr !"
VS...
3x: PS1's, 2x: PS2's, 2x: PS3's.. only one of these console's failed "crashed / needed fixed" .
PlayStation has many more games than Microsoft but I like both.
VS
N64, Dream Cast, Game Cube (x2) / Wii (x3).. None have failed or crashed.. (wished the old consoles would of made it through).
Family loves almost any of the games..
Need a console that can read all the games from all the systems !

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 5:13:46 PM PST
Buy it. Don't bother buying the next gen console at launch either. Enjoy some of the Xbox titles and you will get some good use out of it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 5:48:01 PM PST
Lat says:
I disagree. I played all of those on my 360 and your not missing out on much...

Posted on Sep 20, 2012 12:34:04 PM PDT
Joel H. says:
I feel sorry for anyone that feels sorry for ps3 owners. LONG LIVE 480i

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 20, 2012 11:33:31 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 20, 2012 7:05:48 PM PDT
WolfPup says:
And I thought Skyward Sword and Xenoblade were both horrible... (EDIT: To be clear *I* thought that...you like 'em, otay!)

Galaxy is amazing though, but the Wii has VERY little serious third party development.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Xbox 360 forum

Active discussions in related forums  

ARRAY(0xa08d2d68)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Xbox 360 forum
Participants:  47
Total posts:  121
Initial post:  Sep 4, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 14, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions