whats the best overall brand of 3d tvs out there

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 89 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 16, 2011 5:00:57 AM PDT
catfish79 says:
I THINK THE SONY BRAVIA BY FAR

Posted on Apr 16, 2011 11:33:38 AM PDT
OrangeCrush says:
Its too bad Pioneer isn't in the HDTV game anymore. They would most certainly have made the best model. I myself wont be buying a 3D HDTV for a long long time. When I heard Pioneer was going to stop producing HDTV's, I wound up purchasing 2 extra Pioneer HDTV's. They are just sitting in their boxes, waiting for the day when my current Pioneer HDTV's stop working. Maybe like 5 years down the road I will consider buying a 3D set. By then the technology will have matured and there will be far more support for the technology.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 16, 2011 7:03:07 PM PDT
catfish79 says:
I NEVER HAD THE CHANCE TO VIEW A PIONER HDTV

Posted on Apr 16, 2011 7:09:13 PM PDT
catfish79 says:
does anybody have a dlp hdtv that had the lamp burnout less than 3 three months after purchasing it

Posted on Apr 17, 2011 5:35:34 AM PDT
Keller says:
Pioneer>>>>>>>>Panasonic>>>>everybody else

It has been this way for a few years now.

Posted on Apr 28, 2011 8:21:49 AM PDT
GarionOrb says:
Taking the stupid console wars out of this opinion, Sony Bravia wins by far...especially the XBR line.

Posted on Apr 28, 2011 8:39:38 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 28, 2011 8:52:57 AM PDT
Keller says:
Ha, not a chance. Pioneer and Panasonic have been the top rated sets for years now. Sony Bravia generally never makes the top 5 when reviewed by Home Theater Magazine, Cnet, Sound and Vision, etc. Pioneer was and Panasonic still are measured as the best (hands down) HDTVs out there.

http://reviews.cnet.com/best-hdtvs/

http://reviews.cnet.com/best-high-definition-tvs/?tag=rb_content;contentNav

http://www.soundandvisionmag.com/content/panasonic-tc-p58v10-58-inch-plasma-hdtv

"I found that reviewing the TC-P58V10 brought home a truth for me: Plasma technology still delivers the more engaging and natural-looking image."

I am always amazed at people not wanting to accept facts, which is Panasonic plasma is king. Bare in mind these tests are done with high end equipment where parameters are physically tested. This isn't some kind of eye ball arbritrary test.

http://hdguru.com/hd-guru-picks-the-10-best-hdtvs-you-can-buy/619/

Yet another source confirming all the other sources.

In reply to an earlier post on May 3, 2011 12:46:30 PM PDT
Totido says:
I've heard it referred to as the 3 P's. Plasma, Pioneer, Panasonic.

Posted on May 3, 2011 8:44:06 PM PDT
Cholobear says:
that new edgeless tv looks awesome.

In reply to an earlier post on May 12, 2011 8:30:44 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jun 22, 2011 5:51:59 PM PDT]

Posted on May 13, 2011 4:49:36 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 13, 2011 5:07:38 AM PDT
Keller says:
You are joking right? Pioneer no longer makes TVs but when they did the sets were legendary. Nothing touches a Kuro, this is actually an accepted fact by all videophiles. Do some research. Anybody who doesn't know about the Kuro legacy simply knows nothing about HDTVs. Today's top end HDTVs still can't match what Pioneer was doing 3 years ago. In fact for black level tests CNET uses the Pioneer Kuro as the gold standard reference. Also once again (as already shown in my links a few posts up) Sony actually makes very average sets. When measured using standard equipment Sony fails to keep up with Samsung, Panasonic and LG. People really need to do some research and realize Sony no longer makes great HDTVs.

And to further illustrate how little you clearly know about video equipment I have to ask what in God's name are you saying about not wanting to buy an American TV? Pioneer is based in Japan as is Panasonic. Do you know anything factual on this particular subject?

In reply to an earlier post on May 13, 2011 5:39:43 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jun 22, 2011 5:52:01 PM PDT]

Posted on May 14, 2011 6:00:25 AM PDT
TheSkylie says:
I'm actually at work, where I happen to sell televisions for an international big box store. I've seen most of the 3D tvs that companies have put out.
If you're able to find a Samsung 3D TV from last year's release, (I believe it's the C7000/C8000 lines) you would have some great 3D gaming TV. The Panasonic 3D ST30 is a great lineup, too, but only available in Plasma. If you really need a Plasma TV, that one's the one. Personally, I'd save before buying to make sure I'd have a LED 3D TV if I thought it was thoroughly necessary.
The Sony one is quite interesting, and if I couldn't find the C7/8000's, I'd certainly purchase them instead.

However, seeing as how you posted this in the 360 forum, and the 360 doesn't support 3D, as well as your first post being all in caps for a Sony product, I can't think of you as not trying to troll.

Posted on May 14, 2011 12:03:57 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 14, 2011 12:15:27 PM PDT
Keller says:
". It would be a cold day in hell before you ever saw me buying a Vizio, Insignia, Magnovox, LG or any other of that american crap tv line. "

LG is Korean. Jesus man, try learning something about a subject before posting.

"And did I mention that this is coming from the biggest hater of PS3 there is? "

Who me? I love my ps3. In fact check out my reviews; I gave Sly Collection 4/5, Ratchet 5/5, Killzone 2 5/5, Uncharted 2 5/5, Batman 5/5 and Assassin's Creed 4/5. Hey I really hate the ps3, that explains all the top notch games I bought on the system and the stellar reviews.

Look at the end of the day Sony used to be a great HDTV company, they are not anymore. Their TVs are greatly overpriced and do not hold a candle to Pioneer and Panasonic. They just don't, read all the links I posted earlier in this thread, people measure this stuff with high end equipment and have factually confirmed this. Sony isn't worth the money anymore. They did rule the market on rear projection LCD, but now the market has moved onto front projection they haven't been able to keep up.

Also I am confused about what your point is about the Trinitron tube. Sony's patent ran out in 1996 and they stopped production of them in 2008, it is currently 2011. So who cares what Sony used to do years ago? Do you buy cars based on what brand was the best 20 years ago? Perhaps you do, I do not. Sony had a reputation for great picture quality years ago, Panasonic/Pioneer have all easily passed Sony up. Samsung has as well too. Hell in some cases LG is just as good.

Best picture quality on a HDTV today easily goes to Panasonic and Samusng. Easily.

In reply to an earlier post on May 14, 2011 2:14:34 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 14, 2011 2:19:03 PM PDT
Donna W says:
to catfish 79 re: lamp in DLP TV
yes, the repair people (i had an extended warranty on the TV) put in the wrong lamp! the one they put in worked for a few months and burned out. i got the correct model number for the lamp, ordered it on the internet (about $100) and replaced the lamp myself. it's very easy, really - i used a video guide i found on youtube. now i'm set for a few more years until the next lamp blows. i may order a new lamp to keep in case that model number is discontinued.

Posted on May 14, 2011 3:08:32 PM PDT
Jawwaad says:
I know that the Panasonic Viera Plasma 3D tv was voted the best 3D television by Consumer Reports for 2010. I bought one in January due to this rating and I must say that it is a great television.

In reply to an earlier post on May 21, 2011 11:57:19 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jun 22, 2011 5:52:34 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on May 22, 2011 8:09:15 AM PDT
Joseph Sayre says:
Panasonic hits tops of Consumer Reports on a regular basis, However LG televisions are also very well made, have great picture and are dependable.

The set you choose however, should be one based on a long search. Write down tv's you check out, look up reviews as well.

It all comes down to picture, and what looks perfect yo you, may not look perfect to someone else, color richness, backlight, energy usage all play a part.

HDTV magazine Points to an article on consumer reports and reports the few top runners, Saying "The Panasonic VT20 and VT25 plasma models were among the best HD sets that ConsumerReports.org has ever tested."

Link here: http://www.hdtvmagazine.com/news/2011/01/consumerreportsorg-unveils-first-ratings-of-3d-tvs-panasonic-3d-sets-among-best-hd-models-ever-tested.php

Panasonic makes a mean TV.

In reply to an earlier post on May 22, 2011 8:14:00 AM PDT
Not those lame links again, try find new ones.

I say Sony, Sharp and Samsung are both pretty good 3D tv's. Sharp mostly for them adding yellow (Which helps).

But then again close to the end of this year, alot of companys are going to be coming out with 3D TV's that don't need glasses and that is what I'm waiting for.

In reply to an earlier post on May 22, 2011 8:29:45 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 22, 2011 8:32:38 AM PDT
Joseph Sayre says:
Lame links for the most voted useful magazine regarding products in the country.

I said LG and Panasonics are good. I will also state that sony's "amazing quality" picture is a modified setting you can achieve by fiddling with your set's settings.

Sharp makes lower end sets, but the Aquos are nice. Samsung makes middle-end very Attractive sets that function very well as a centerpiece of a room. I have not found a more attractive set.

For price and function, Panasonic makes a beautiful set, while sony makes a great one, but is completely not worth the extra 2-500 dollars you'll pay for a similar experience.

In reply to an earlier post on May 22, 2011 8:40:24 AM PDT
Don't care for Panasonic, Sharp has alot brighter picture and it uses less power.

Plus Plasma tvs are outdated and are mainly good if you going to use it for movies mostly. I would like a tv that is good all around and yes it is a lame link seeing he can only post one link and then say Panasonic is the best in the world.

In reply to an earlier post on May 22, 2011 9:03:05 AM PDT
Joseph Sayre says:
Its consumer reports. Its evidence. More than you have to offer, don't bash me and then not pony up ANY evidence.

Plasma Still have the brightest picture and richest color.

LCD screens have gotten miles better then they were in a few years however.

In reply to an earlier post on May 22, 2011 9:09:17 AM PDT
Joseph Sayre says:
Here are 4 more links to 4 more top tv claims
1. http://3d-tv-review.toptenreviews.com/
2. http://www.3d-tvbuyingguide.com/3dtv/3d-tv-ces-2011.html
3. http://www.trustedreviews.com/opinions/Best-3D-TVs-of-2011
4. http://hubpages.com/hub/buy-3d-tv

All 4 list the Panasonic brand as one of the best.

In reply to an earlier post on May 22, 2011 9:14:32 AM PDT
Plasma had the brightest picture, to bad LED has much brighter and richer colors, Sharp new tv seems to have the best picture of them all.

I seen them all side by side, only tv I seen come close was one of Sony's and it was about 5% less of a picture then the Sharp.

Posted on May 22, 2011 9:18:54 AM PDT
Joseph Sayre says:
you do know that LED and LCD are the same. They're just lit differently. Techinically LED is actually LED LCD. So the only reason the lighting would be better, wait, its not. LED's are lit differently but use less power, they don't look any different. OLED will be the coolest thing ever though. The richness in color is caused by the capability of the LCD.

I grow bored of your simple mind.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Xbox 360 forum
Participants:  16
Total posts:  89
Initial post:  Apr 16, 2011
Latest post:  Dec 28, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions