Customer Discussions > Xbox 360 forum

Love the Xbox, Hate the Gold Restrictions

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 90 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2013 6:27:06 PM PST
Brandon says:
My biggest problem with you is that you act like people are stupid for enjoying xbox live. So why don't YOU stop holding YOUR opinions and personal experiences above ours. It's perfectly fine to enjoy xbox live. It's perfectly fine to enjoy psn. I have experienced both services and I prefer xbox live. Please stop acting like that is some kind of a crime.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2013 6:27:58 PM PST
WolfPup says:
Point is that applies to everything. Doesn't make it better that they're also doing that for Hulu, and Amazon, and using a freaking web browser lol. It only actually makes sense if you're in to deathmatch games with random people pretty much.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2013 6:28:16 PM PST
"Why does everyone act like Netflix is the only thing on xbox live lol get real"

What puzzles me more is how you can think Xbox Live Gold is factually better than PSN or PSN +.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2013 6:31:03 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 14, 2013 6:36:23 PM PST
"My biggest problem with you is that you act like people are stupid for enjoying xbox live. So why don't YOU stop holding YOUR opinions and personal experiences above ours."

I would like you to post when exactly was it that I did this.

"It's perfectly fine to enjoy xbox live. It's perfectly fine to enjoy psn. I have experienced both services and I prefer xbox live."

So have I, and I prefer PSN. I have no problem with you preferring Live. I just find it funny that you see Xbox Live being better than PSN as a fact as opposed to an opinion. That's pretty ignorant.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2013 6:31:05 PM PST
Brandon says:
Fair enough, but let's remember something: it costs money to run these online services. Sony has gone with a business model where they don't charge for it. Great. Remind me, how is that company doing financially?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2013 6:32:52 PM PST
"Fair enough, but let's remember something: it costs money to run these online services. Sony has gone with a business model where they don't charge for it. Great. Remind me, how is that company doing financially?"

Because we all know more monetary success = better quality.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2013 6:33:58 PM PST
Brandon says:
????? What on god's green earth are you talking about. You can go buy a short term card if you want. The vast majority of us are long term subscribers.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2013 6:36:05 PM PST
Brandon says:
YOU are the one who acts like nobody is allowed to like what they want to like. My god, I've seen less effort put in to passing legislation than what you spend pushing this. Just relax a little bit and let the discussion be friendly.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2013 6:36:36 PM PST
Brandon says:
Who said anything about quality? I'm talking about sustainability.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2013 6:38:38 PM PST
Brandon says:
Okaaaayyyyy.....yes, I agree xbox live isn't worth if you aren't in to online multiplayer. :/

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2013 6:39:07 PM PST
"YOU are the one who acts like nobody is allowed to like what they want to like."

Again, prove this. All I've done with my wall o' text is shot down the fanboy/fangirl mentality of either service being factually better than the other. The quality of either service is dependent on personal opinion.

"My god, I've seen less effort put in to passing legislation than what you spend pushing this. Just relax a little bit and let the discussion be friendly."

I'm perfectly fine. I'm just trying to edumicate ya dood.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2013 6:40:14 PM PST
We are comparing the quality of PSN and Live are we not? You're derailing again.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2013 6:41:31 PM PST
WolfPup says:
All they're running is a matchmaking service basically. Money yes, but every other similar service is free, and they already have the most advertising.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2013 6:43:03 PM PST
Brandon says:
"Either service"? All I do is see you attack people who defend live.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2013 6:45:43 PM PST
Brandon says:
No, it isn't derailing (a term I notice you use to try to divert attention away from a point you can't win). It is pertinent to this discussion because you present this as "xbox charges. Sony doesn't. Therefore, Sony is superior and moral and Microsoft isn't" when you also should consider the fact that Microsoft might just be making a business decision that will successfully sustain the company/service. I don't think Sony has shown the ability to make good business decisions as a company.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2013 6:48:53 PM PST
"xbox charges. Sony doesn't. Therefore, Sony is superior and moral and Microsoft isn't"

I've never even implied this.

"when you also should consider the fact that Microsoft might just be making a business decision that will successfully sustain the company/service. I don't think Sony has shown the ability to make good business decisions as a company."

And I agree with this, as I did before when I said they can't market for their lives.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2013 6:49:42 PM PST
""Either service"? All I do is see you attack people who defend live."

No, I refute people who think Live is factually better than PSN.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2013 6:53:22 PM PST
Brandon says:
So why did you put down my original comment about the fiscal health of both companies being pertinent to this?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2013 6:54:38 PM PST
Because it IS off topic. You're changing the focus of the discussion and are therefore derailing.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2013 6:55:14 PM PST
Brandon says:
I don't agree. Anyone who reads your reviews or your comments can see that you are fanatically biased towards playstation. Guess what? Nobody really cares which system you want to play on. That's the power of choice. A bunch of people play on xbox live, prefer it to PSN even though they have to pay for it, and life goes on. The inverse is also true. The rest of the details really don't matter.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2013 6:55:52 PM PST
Brandon says:
No, it isn't off topic because it. is. related. to. why. Microsoft. chooses. to. charge. for. live.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2013 7:00:13 PM PST
"I don't agree. Anyone who reads your reviews or your comments can see that you are fanatically biased towards playstation."

Which is why the N64 is my favorite game console of all time, why Super Mario Galaxies 1 and 2 are my favorite games ever, why I've continually expressed how much better I think the 3DS is compared to the Vita, why I hold Halo as the best FPS franchise ever, why Halo 4 was my game of the year last year....

"Guess what? Nobody really cares which system you want to play on. That's the power of choice. A bunch of people play on xbox live, prefer it to PSN even though they have to pay for it, and life goes on. The inverse is also true. The rest of the details really don't matter."

You're finally learning.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2013 7:00:49 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 14, 2013 7:02:09 PM PST
"No, it isn't off topic because it. is. related. to. why. Microsoft. chooses. to. charge. for. live."

Aah, good point. My apologies.

Posted on Jan 18, 2013 4:51:09 PM PST
PS3 2 words free...online boom SUCKA

Posted on Jan 19, 2013 8:07:17 AM PST
After experiencing both services I think it's more so to do with personal preference. I really don't see that much of adiffences except for the Avatar customization which I think is pretty cool. Can't really say much about the interface especially when it comes to DLC. Is Live DLC preferrably bought through the game's interface rather than Microsoft's?
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Xbox 360 forum
Participants:  24
Total posts:  90
Initial post:  Nov 24, 2012
Latest post:  Aug 24, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions