Customer Discussions > Xbox 360 forum

whats the best overall brand of 3d tvs out there

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 89 posts in this discussion
Posted on Jun 4, 2011 9:42:49 AM PDT
lol once again CENT and random others, sorry but I'm happy with a tv that has better picture and doesn't heat up or even burns the picture into the screen.

I do find it funny that you say CNET says Panasonic is better, yet they said that you can get your LED TV"s to look the same as them.

Posted on Jun 4, 2011 10:03:06 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 4, 2011 10:04:29 AM PDT
Lucanus says:
9 sources, all claim Panasonic is the best. End of story.

"Superb all-around picture quality, anchored by the deepest plasma black levels of the year, make the Panasonic TC-PVT30 series the BEST-performing TV we've tested in 2011."

BEST performing TV we've tested

BEST

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 4, 2011 11:05:14 AM PDT
Theirs good, best and better. To bad LED is listed as better.

Oh well, be happy with your outdated cheap tv.

Posted on Jun 4, 2011 1:17:32 PM PDT
Lucanus says:
So really at the end of the day people seeking advice in this thread can either take 9 different professional reviews, many of which use high end equipment and scientifically measure TV performance, that all agree Panasonic is best or they could take the opinion of a teenager who stills lives at home who posts daily and nightly at Amazon.... tough call. I mean really, how will people be able to decide who is right?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 4, 2011 2:12:39 PM PDT
They decide by going to a store and look at the tv's and see which has a better picture, its pretty much that simple.

But I won't waste any money on a 3D TV until the ones that work without glasses are out and so far Sony and Toshiba are the two that had the best prototypes.

Posted on Jun 4, 2011 6:11:51 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 4, 2011 6:17:31 PM PDT
Lucanus says:
"They decide by going to a store and look at the tv's and see which has a better picture, its pretty much that simple."

Worst advice ever. Honestly, all stupid childish arguments aside, that is truly the worst advice ever.

1) the lighting in the store is drastically different than at a home, incandescent vs fluorescent, not to mention the intensity difference of brightness. so what a TV looks like in the store is completely irrelevant to what it will look like at home, completely.
2) what settings are being used at a store is unknown. the TV may or may not be calibrated. the source material may or maybe not be of good quality. cables being used may be different. the exact setup has too many unknowns to make an accurate judgement.
3) how old the HDTV in terms of hours is unknown in a store. tv 'a' may have been on for 20k hours while 'b' is brand new. 'b' may look better as a result, but only because of the time difference.

Judging picture differences in store is a horrible, horrible, horrible idea. Far too many unknowns. What a TV looks like in a store has nothing to do with what it will look like in a home. Terrible advice. It is abundantly clear that you have no idea how to properly setup a home theater, none. Quite frankly I am done with your ignorance.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 4, 2011 7:31:05 PM PDT
Really mature, if you going to buy something. You don't get online to see what some random loser said about it, you go to the store and look for yourself.

Because in the real world, that person on the web might hate 3D TV's but that doesn't change the fact that you want one.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 5, 2011 10:20:59 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 5, 2011 10:29:20 AM PDT
Joseph Sayre says:
If you're going to buy something you do both actually. Find something you like, go home and research it then repeat. Always take a pen and paper with you whenever you go for big purchases.

I'd also argue that if 73 people hate the TV on a product page there is a good chance there may be a problem with it.
I'd also like to state that the TV Corye is recommending is pulling greater than 4 stars here on amazon, I will not fully defend him since CR and many many other sites say that the Panasonic is better.

However this isn't going anywhere, and that is not because of Keller, Corye's arguing simply for the sake of doing so, presented with excruciatingly strong public professional evidence, and still refusing to concede, also while not providing any edidence of his own to the existence of his television under even one account making the top of the list from a nationally credible source.

You have no ground to stand on Corye, there are times when its better to give up, this ramble does more to hurt your case than to help it, it gives an impression of vested interest.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 5, 2011 10:54:43 AM PDT
Just deal with it, Plasma is outdated.

Posted on Jun 5, 2011 11:00:14 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 5, 2011 11:08:25 AM PDT
Lucanus says:
Well said Joseph, thanks for the good post. Honestly at the end of the day I think anybody seeking advice has plenty of real sources to draw from. Given the situation there just isn't much else to day.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 5, 2011 11:33:15 AM PDT
Hows any of your sources anymore real then looking with your own eyes? Oh wait that means they aren't.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 5, 2011 11:33:34 AM PDT
Joseph Sayre says:
That made 0 sense. Care to explain?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 5, 2011 11:35:30 AM PDT
Christopher say his info is a real source, what makes it real? Isn't seeing something with your own eyes more real then reading about it?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 5, 2011 11:43:58 AM PDT
Joseph Sayre says:
No. There are too many variables that can be construed to make users believe something is true by appealing to various senses.

Take Diamonds for instance, Most Cubic Zirconia are not easily differentiated from real diamonds under the naked eye from under florescent lamps, but under closer inspection, they have a yellowish color. Hence without this you thought you got a real diamond when you didn't.

Can bad tasting food smell good? Yes.

Does a soft pillow give any actual indication of how long it will stay soft?

Have you ever heard something and then found out it was something else?

Seeing something with your own eyes doesn't guarantee anything, I have messed with picture brightness and color brightness on various TV's to increase sales, If anything seeing something in a pristine environment in a store is hardly any reason to believe it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 5, 2011 11:56:20 AM PDT
Yes but if you can fix the settings to look as good as a Plasma TV, really what makes Plasma better then?

If you can get the same picture by just fixing the settings then I see how one could be better then the other in picture, plus LED uses alot less power then a Plasma and people want to save more money then waste.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 5, 2011 11:57:56 AM PDT
Joseph Sayre says:
Why are we even talking about plasma? I never mentioned plasma.

Posted on Jun 5, 2011 12:26:53 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 5, 2011 12:30:38 PM PDT
Lucanus says:
http://hdguru.com/lcd-vs-plasma-the-pros-and-cons/16/

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-lK6mf6DLVaf/learn/learningcenter/home/tv_flatpanel.html

http://reviews.cnet.com/how-we-test/tv/

CNET does much more than use the 'eye' to judge the differences between sets.

Quick summary;

Plasma advantages are stronger colors, deeper blacks and superior motion.

LCD/LED advantages are lighter in weight and use less energy.

Videophiles looking for the best most accurate picture go plasma, end of story.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 5, 2011 12:35:45 PM PDT
lol keep talking, seeing that is all you are good at.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 5, 2011 12:36:59 PM PDT
Joseph Sayre says:
Plasma does have disadvantages though, its less stable at higher Hz. One minor drawback.

Posted on Jun 5, 2011 1:22:45 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 6, 2011 9:21:09 AM PDT
Lucanus says:
Most of that has been taking care of, much like burn-in, but yes if you live at altitudes (above sea level) of 1 mile or more, plasma could be problematic. So that is a good point Joseph, those who live at very high altitudes be careful. Plasma in very bright, well lite rooms doesn't do as well as LED/LCD. So yes people should evaluate their setup before a major purchase. Though at the end of the day plasma absolutely, as measured scientifically, produces stronger colors, deeper blacks and stronger motion.

http://www.scribd.com/fullscreen/56817136

Posted on Jun 13, 2011 9:38:12 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 13, 2011 9:39:11 AM PDT
Lucanus says:
Update 6-9-11

http://reviews.cnet.com/best-hdtvs/

The best pictures of 2011.... all Panasonic and Samsung, which was expected by anybody who knows anything about the home theater arena. This is an update from the previous posted list of best picture quality in 2010.

Posted on Jun 13, 2011 9:47:38 AM PDT
The Drizzle says:
i have a 50" panasonic viera plasma for myself and its what i do all my gaming on, and i love it. my dad bought a 60" sharp aquos and its pretty good as well, but i prefer mine over his, especially at the price.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2011 1:15:33 PM PDT
Totido says:
Well, I got my refund from Samsung for the 58" plasma I had that failed 2 weeks before warranty was out. I was going to get a Panny Plasma because I think Plasma has best picture overall, but ended up ordering Samsung UN55D8000 LED. The only reason I decided to go this route is that my den has windows on all walls (including a full wall of windows opposite the TV. It was difficult watching on Sat and Sun mornings as the sun is directly at them. I'm hoping for less glare on the LED, but I guess I will find out. It hopefully arrives in the next couple of days.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2011 1:28:29 PM PDT
The Drizzle says:
i have my plasma in a room with two windows, but they are pretty covered by trees and they have shades. the sharp tv is on a room with many windows and no coverage so it works great for the room. i am much happier with the plasma tv than i expected.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2011 1:32:20 PM PDT
I like my LED, light easy to move if needed and a Plasma would be a bad idea in a room with five windows that get sunlight like crazy.

Only two of the biggest ones don't have anything to limit the sunlight (But they are those old windows that are like blocks of glass).
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Xbox 360 forum
Participants:  16
Total posts:  89
Initial post:  Apr 16, 2011
Latest post:  Dec 28, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions