Customer Discussions > Xbox 360 forum

whats the best overall brand of 3d tvs out there

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 89 posts in this discussion
Posted on Dec 28, 2012 12:29:14 PM PST
oh ya. One last thing. The type of 3D glasses are going to play a big factor on what brand you go with too. Some brands only work with a tive shutter glasses whi h are not cheap and in some people can cause head achs, dizzyness, nausia and even seizures. And sompe people just don't like them. Even though they do give you a mu h higher resalution. If one of those things might be a factor for you then your going to want to go with a 3D tv brands that makes tvs that saport polorized passive glasses.

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 12:12:54 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Dec 28, 2012 1:06:38 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 11:24:09 AM PST
ok first off the tvs that are led/lcd are only the really large screens like 60 inch and above. and it is used to help with resalution problems aused by using 1080 on such a large screen. smaller tvs are only lcd or led. And as far as the too being almost the same. We'll you could not be any more wrong. The 2 completly diferent. Lcd ( liquid crystal display) uses back lighting to iluminatw the display. which when that display (liquid crystal) is charged a citan way it produses a certain color. Led ( light emiting diod) uses tiny led lights which produce there own light. and each color comes from its own led. way way diferent then lcd. And as far as the best 3D HDTV brand. well that's up to the persn watching it. it all depends on what you like. there is no right or wrong. what looks the best to some one else might not look good to you at all. and you can use all the sintific tools you want. but those can nor incorperate personal prefrense. in the end that's what it cokes down too. so if you wanna know what brand has the best 3D picture. go to best buy or some where that has them on display with the 3D glasses and see what you like the best.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 14, 2011 5:59:58 AM PDT
The Drizzle says:
yea, i upgraded my 32 in lcd in november to the 50 in plasma, and i figured it would be similar in weight, just more because of the size. it was much heavier. for the price, i think the plasma tvs are a better deal, but if money isnt a part of the equation, than it really wouldnt matter to me which one id buy. i watch a lot of hockey, and it looks a little better on the plasma, but not enough to really care about the difference, it still looks amazing on my dad's LCD

Posted on Jun 13, 2011 6:41:59 PM PDT
Pioneer Kuro was a brilliant set. I am very disappointed to see them leave the market.

Plasma is certainly heavier than LED, as somebody else pointed plasma uses glass. My 58 inch is 140 pounds.

Posted on Jun 13, 2011 4:40:33 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 13, 2011 4:41:14 PM PDT
TGD says:
Agree on Pioneer's grand contributions to the industry.

I remember seeing a whole wall of plasmas one time, and the one Pioneer Elite in the bunch (out of 20+ top of the line plasmas) stood right out, like a window to reality, and everything else looked like garbage next to it(relatively).

These days, though, I love my Sony Bravia.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2011 2:56:08 PM PDT
lol yeah, I had a old school IBM laptop and alot of books. That laptop was about 20lbs or something, that thing was pretty heavy for a laptop.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2011 2:24:24 PM PDT
The Drizzle says:
yea when i was going to and from school, the 32 inch was easy to transport. i also had to transport a 40 gallon tank for my lizard, so having the 50 inch tv then wouldnt have worked out so well.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2011 2:19:27 PM PDT
http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&productId=8198552921666327041 < Gorilla Glass (Have no clue, maybe its glass made out of Gorilla's?)

Yeah lol, I seen a 82inch DLP that the store put it was 8.6lbs (Someone didn't lift it I guess or forgot that is 86lb and not 8.6).

I take my LED TV to my gf's house when her family wants to watch a Bluray movie, seeing how I'm the only one that has a HD TV and a Bluray player.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2011 2:11:13 PM PDT
The Drizzle says:
i didnt know that. i knew LCD is plastic, i have a 32 in LCD that is now my computer monitor. according to amazon, my tv is 63 lbs.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2011 2:01:27 PM PDT
I got a 40inch TV and I think it is only 15lbs maybe 8.

Its one of those really slim ones.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2011 2:00:42 PM PDT
They aren't the only ones, Sony's 3D LED TV has glass to. Which I didn't know that.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2011 1:56:46 PM PDT
The Drizzle says:
plasma tvs use a glass screen, which is why they are heavier

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2011 1:52:13 PM PDT
Totido says:
I did notice the LED I bought is about half the weight of similar size Plasma. Hopefully, I will be pleased.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2011 1:32:20 PM PDT
I like my LED, light easy to move if needed and a Plasma would be a bad idea in a room with five windows that get sunlight like crazy.

Only two of the biggest ones don't have anything to limit the sunlight (But they are those old windows that are like blocks of glass).

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2011 1:28:29 PM PDT
The Drizzle says:
i have my plasma in a room with two windows, but they are pretty covered by trees and they have shades. the sharp tv is on a room with many windows and no coverage so it works great for the room. i am much happier with the plasma tv than i expected.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2011 1:15:33 PM PDT
Totido says:
Well, I got my refund from Samsung for the 58" plasma I had that failed 2 weeks before warranty was out. I was going to get a Panny Plasma because I think Plasma has best picture overall, but ended up ordering Samsung UN55D8000 LED. The only reason I decided to go this route is that my den has windows on all walls (including a full wall of windows opposite the TV. It was difficult watching on Sat and Sun mornings as the sun is directly at them. I'm hoping for less glare on the LED, but I guess I will find out. It hopefully arrives in the next couple of days.

Posted on Jun 13, 2011 9:47:38 AM PDT
The Drizzle says:
i have a 50" panasonic viera plasma for myself and its what i do all my gaming on, and i love it. my dad bought a 60" sharp aquos and its pretty good as well, but i prefer mine over his, especially at the price.

Posted on Jun 13, 2011 9:38:12 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 13, 2011 9:39:11 AM PDT
Update 6-9-11

http://reviews.cnet.com/best-hdtvs/

The best pictures of 2011.... all Panasonic and Samsung, which was expected by anybody who knows anything about the home theater arena. This is an update from the previous posted list of best picture quality in 2010.

Posted on Jun 5, 2011 1:22:45 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 6, 2011 9:21:09 AM PDT
Most of that has been taking care of, much like burn-in, but yes if you live at altitudes (above sea level) of 1 mile or more, plasma could be problematic. So that is a good point Joseph, those who live at very high altitudes be careful. Plasma in very bright, well lite rooms doesn't do as well as LED/LCD. So yes people should evaluate their setup before a major purchase. Though at the end of the day plasma absolutely, as measured scientifically, produces stronger colors, deeper blacks and stronger motion.

http://www.scribd.com/fullscreen/56817136

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 5, 2011 12:36:59 PM PDT
Joseph Sayre says:
Plasma does have disadvantages though, its less stable at higher Hz. One minor drawback.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 5, 2011 12:35:45 PM PDT
lol keep talking, seeing that is all you are good at.

Posted on Jun 5, 2011 12:26:53 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 5, 2011 12:30:38 PM PDT
http://hdguru.com/lcd-vs-plasma-the-pros-and-cons/16/

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-lK6mf6DLVaf/learn/learningcenter/home/tv_flatpanel.html

http://reviews.cnet.com/how-we-test/tv/

CNET does much more than use the 'eye' to judge the differences between sets.

Quick summary;

Plasma advantages are stronger colors, deeper blacks and superior motion.

LCD/LED advantages are lighter in weight and use less energy.

Videophiles looking for the best most accurate picture go plasma, end of story.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 5, 2011 11:57:56 AM PDT
Joseph Sayre says:
Why are we even talking about plasma? I never mentioned plasma.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 5, 2011 11:56:20 AM PDT
Yes but if you can fix the settings to look as good as a Plasma TV, really what makes Plasma better then?

If you can get the same picture by just fixing the settings then I see how one could be better then the other in picture, plus LED uses alot less power then a Plasma and people want to save more money then waste.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Xbox 360 forum
Participants:  16
Total posts:  89
Initial post:  Apr 16, 2011
Latest post:  Dec 28, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions