Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS
Customer Discussions > Xbox 360 forum

360 VS. PS3 who cares????

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 101-125 of 175 posts in this discussion
Posted on Aug 3, 2012 10:47:46 AM PDT
I a huge xbox fan but if anyone won this console war based on sells the wii shitted on xbox and ps3 but i think the wii u will fail if not at first it will once the ps4 and the Next-Box come out.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 3, 2012 10:49:38 AM PDT
how bout you compare gears of war 1 and uncharted 1 In which gears sold more AND had better reviews

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 3, 2012 10:50:25 AM PDT
Lol, I changed from daddy to super saiyan.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 3, 2012 10:53:24 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 3, 2012 10:54:16 AM PDT
Gears of War 1 had multiplayer and Uncharted 1 didn't. It doesn't even matter anyways because Uncharted 2 (along with LittleBigPlanet) is more acclaimed than any of the Gears of Wars (or any 360 exclsuive for that matter), and Uncharted 3 was more acclaimed than Gears of War 3. Again, how do sales prove quality? =]

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 3, 2012 10:53:50 AM PDT
How bout I compare my E-peen to your E-peen in which mine is like 12 feet long and yours is 1 inch

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 3, 2012 1:24:22 PM PDT
John McClane says:
How many glue sticks did you eat as a child?

Posted on Aug 3, 2012 2:03:21 PM PDT
Joel H. says:
Rise of Nightmares

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 3, 2012 3:16:07 PM PDT
"How many glue sticks did you eat as a child?"

3 and I drank them down with perfume, but that has nothing to do with the fact that you haven't been able to disprove anything I've said, and you STILL haven't answered my question. =)

Posted on Aug 7, 2012 12:13:27 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 7, 2012 12:18:18 PM PDT
Redeemer says:
It's best in having SCEI and Nintendo compete head to head. This is a foolish comparison between a software company and a hardware company. The 360 may be a good video game console, but the quality control of the hardware gripes me. The software remains what is best for them. I still use it whenever I get bored. Heck, I love Sega GT 2002 on the Xbox.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 12, 2012 3:42:36 AM PDT
This is how I feel, as well.

If you like only 1 system, or more than 1, or all of them, great.

Posted on Aug 15, 2012 9:51:36 AM PDT
I take issue with Microsoft's hardware failures and the fact that they make you pay to access multiplayer, which is through your own internet, that you already pay for. Everyone brings up the Sony hack but it's never happened again, yeah, they messed up how they handled it. Sony also has the games I want to play. I'm here for GAMES, and to me, Sony has what I want. There are maybe three Xbox360 exclusives I'd want, and that's not enough to make me go pay $300 for the 250 GB Xbox360.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 15, 2012 1:36:32 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 15, 2012 1:37:00 PM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Aug 17, 2012 10:29:32 AM PDT
M. Flemming says:
Gamers game, fan boys flame.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 17, 2012 11:23:32 AM PDT
H. Amireh says:
4GB xbox is $200, which is less than ps3. Im here for GAMES, and Xbox has what most people want. There are no Ps3 exclusives i want and i want the superior online experience thats why i pay for xbox live.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 17, 2012 3:17:55 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 17, 2012 3:21:56 PM PDT
"4GB xbox is $200, which is less than ps3."

Yes, but you get nowhere near as much value as you do with the PS3 out of the box IMHO, even if you get xbox live gold since the PS3 has blu ray and free access to online multiplayer and content streaming services. That's not even taking PSN + into consideration, which provides games like inFAMOUS 2, Saint's Row 2, Just Cause 2, and LittleBigPlanet 2 all for free for its subscribers along with the weekly free and discounted games, first access to many demos, game trials, betas..... =]

"and Xbox has what most people want."

What people want doesn't define quality though. More people wanted to play Gran Turismo 5 than they did any of the Forzas or Gears of Wars, but does that make Gran Turismo 5 a better game? =)

"There are no Ps3 exclusives i want"

You can't knock em till you try them. After all, the PS3 has the most critically acclaimed library of this gen as I mentioned before.
http://www.youtube.com/user/jon4lakers/videos?query=Console+Wars
http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/all/all?view=condensed&sort=desc
http://www.gamerankings.com/browse.html
http://www.interactive.org/awards/
http://reviews.cnet.com/2722-9020_7-743.html?tag=rb_content;carouselMain
=D

"and i want the superior online experience thats why i pay for xbox live."

Typical Xbot. Saying that Xbox Live is superior just because you pay for it, mentioning nothing else about why you think it's better. The ONLY differences between Xbox Live Gold and PSN is Xbox Live's more centralized party system and online interaction, the PS3's inability for cross game voice party chat, and PSN's slightly longer download times, but all of that is worth paying the full price of a new game despite the fact that it's loosing content (as seen with the cancellation of its Inside Xbox programming), has more ads than free services like PSN and Steam, has less exclusive content and/or features out of multiplat releases (as I mentioned above), and has less dedicated server support for multiplayer titles, amirite? That's not even taking PSN+ into account, which has offered games like Saint's Row 2, Just Cause 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, inFAMOUS 2, and many others for free, free and discounted games each month, game trials, and first access to demos and betas before regular PSN members and all Xbox Live subscribers, and cloud saving. Yes, it's also worth $60 a year, but it has way more value than 5 years of Xbox Live IMHO. Even if it were fundamentally true that Xbox Live is better, since when is a system's online multiplayer capabilities more important than actual games? If you're really using the PSN hack as the basis for your argument, then you're about as smart as the PS3 fanthings that say that the RRoD is still a relevant issue, even for the newest 360 hardware models. The truth is that both PSN's security weaknesses and the 360's hardware issues have both been dealt with. =P

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 17, 2012 7:07:21 PM PDT
John McClane says:
You need a gf.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 17, 2012 8:49:11 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 18, 2012 9:33:14 AM PDT
"You need a gf."

I already do!
http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs40/f/2009/039/d/5/Minerva_Mink_by_AilwynRaydom.png
^^^^That's her.

XD

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 18, 2012 1:14:41 AM PDT
Nicos says:
Wow lol nice list you didn't list any Nintendo games on that list. Guess you guys are just too sore about Nintendo winning this generation ;) Better luck next gen guys (but I doubt it since the Wii U is just going to knock it out of the park again).

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 18, 2012 6:45:09 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 18, 2012 6:46:54 AM PDT
"Wow lol nice list you didn't list any Nintendo games on that list."

Nice attempt at trying to derail the subject, but no cigar son. We're talking about the PS3 and the 360, and Nintendo has destroyed both this console generation in terms of sales, but how do sales prove that something is better though? More people went to see Transformers 2 than they did to see The Godfather. Does that mean that audiences automatically thought of Transformers 2 as the superior film? More people bought CoD: MW 3 on the 360 alone than any exclusive, does that automatically make it the superior game? Those websites DO take Nintendo games into consideration. As a matter of fact, they clearly show that Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 are two of the top three most critically acclaimed games ever released (and IMO, they're the best games ever). =)

"Guess you guys are just too sore about Nintendo winning this generation ;)"

I own a Wii, a GBA SP, and a 3DS (as well as a PS3, 360, laptop with Steam, and Vita) so what exactly should I be sore about? =P

"Better luck next gen guys (but I doubt it since the Wii U is just going to knock it out of the park again)."

As much as I love Nintendo, I seriously doubt that at the moment. =(

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 27, 2012 3:00:12 PM PDT
OrangeCrush says:
I never have cared about the so called console wars. In all honesty, its one of the lamest and immature topics I have come across yet on the internet and believe me, that is really saying something as the internet is chock full of lame and immature topics. Personally, I think the console wars originated from people who couldn't afford more than 1 console. Since they could only afford 1 console, the console they weren't able to buy suddenly became the "bad guy". Hence the console wars began. Its nothing short of pathetic when you stop and think about it.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 27, 2012 10:55:53 PM PDT
I had zero interest in owning a Colecovision.

I had a 2600. They were made in the USA. And they came up with, and patented, a bunch of ideas. Then Coleco, then every other home console maker, ripped them off.

So it's not just about who can afford what.

And it started in the early 80s.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 28, 2012 4:10:18 AM PDT
Nicos says:
of course Transformers 2 is better than The Godfather. The Godfather doesn't have any robots in it! Who would want to watch that old boring movie when you could watch Optimus Prime fight the evil of the Decepticons??? No contest!

why u got brag that you own everything huh? what does that prove? you trying to fill that rotten black hole in your heart with all those consoles huh? That rotten black heart would explain why u hatin on the Wii U.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 28, 2012 9:01:19 AM PDT
I'm not hating on the Wii U. The game ibrary just doesn't look too promising at the moment, and its social connectivity is being too emphasized and is sub-par at best IMO.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 28, 2012 10:10:03 AM PDT
John McClane says:
It wasn't much of a war, the PS3 got KO'd like a chump.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 28, 2012 10:11:49 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 25, 2012 10:27:25 AM PDT
That's why the top 25 PS3 games list has more exlcusives than the top 25 360 games list right? =]
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Xbox 360 forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Xbox 360 forum
Participants:  32
Total posts:  175
Initial post:  Jul 31, 2012
Latest post:  Oct 23, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions