Customer Discussions > Xbox 360 forum

Kinect games

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 26 posts in this discussion
Posted on Aug 2, 2012 10:57:25 AM PDT
Paul says:
UPDATE: Add Wreckateer to the list of excellent and worthy Kinect games. It's a download only title through XBLA. Like a motion controlled Angry Birds, lighthearted fun, you wreck lots of castles. Well worth the 800 pts ($10).

Posted on Aug 1, 2012 9:49:10 PM PDT
I get a great workout doing bad kung-fu on "Fruit Ninja Kinect", I don't just blindly chop, I make a show of it.

In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2012 1:32:49 PM PDT
L. Housley says:
I don't know if you're being serious or not.

BUT, I bought that game because of all the good reviews and I don't get why people like it. What's the point?

Posted on May 21, 2012 1:54:53 PM PDT
To the OP: It depends on what kind of games you want/need. My family has Kinect Sports 1 and 2, which are no-brainers. Great fun, those two. If you're coming in late and Kinect Adventures wasn't bundled with your Kinect, then make sure to get that one, too! My wife and I have been pretty impressed with the Your Shape: Fitness Evolved games. My 5-year-old daughter is absolutely head over heels for Kinectimals and Sesame Street: Once Upon a Monster. I also got her Kinect DisneyLand Adventures, but I've played it a lot more than she has (I think the game has a lot more appeal for people who are very familiar with the real DisneyLand, as this game simulates it right down to the smallest detail!).

I played the Kinect Star Wars demo and mostly found it frustrating, but I'll probably still buy it once it goes down in price. My daughter and I are also curious to try to the Kinect Wipeout games. And yes, there are definitely plenty of demos you can download from Xbox Live to see what else might appeal to you; Microsoft has gone to great lengths to make sure Kinect stays in front of us, since they've sold so many of the things. Even the current dashboard is designed specifically with Kinect functionality in mind (the Bing search engine is worthless, though, unless they eventually give us a web browser, too).

Make sure to download Kinect Fun Labs. All of its games are free, and ripe for some easy achievement farming! :)

Posted on May 21, 2012 1:45:51 PM PDT
Wow, nobody has mentioned Child of Eden yet? It's pretty amazing.

Posted on May 21, 2012 1:24:59 PM PDT
Ferdy says:
We got the Kinect for the sport and fitness games but I still have not found one that actually works well. I, too, suffer from a lack of playing space and maybe that's the problem but every games ends up getting stuck at some point because it doesn't recognize an action. I've tried moving the sensor up and down and side to side. I've tried dimming and brightening interior lighting. It doesn't seem to matter much. I haven't gotten rid of it yet in hopes that the games will improve but it's been over a year and I've tried almost every one that's come out. The only one we play regularly is the Kinect Adventures that came with the Kinect sensor.

Posted on May 9, 2012 3:31:30 AM PDT
lisatsunami says:
I just bought the Star Wars kinect Xbox just so I can play Skyrim with voice command (no motion controls, thank goodness, that would be too exhausting). I've already platinumed Skyrim on the PS3, but I love Skyrim that much & the voice controls are indeed awesome. I'll eventually get exclusive games for my new X, like Witcher 2 & the Fable series. I don't have the giant space needed for motion control, else I would get that popular kinect dance game.

Posted on Apr 26, 2012 9:00:22 AM PDT
B. Ellis says:
We like Twister Mania for Kinect. Works pretty well with folks of all sizes and skill levels.

Posted on Apr 26, 2012 1:31:19 AM PDT
kung fu hi impact i just bought and its pretty fun.

Posted on Apr 24, 2012 9:37:28 PM PDT
Pillar Kim says:
I'm calling out Gin and camostatus. They both have games. Corrected both. You crazy kids.

Posted on Apr 11, 2012 12:54:09 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 11, 2012 12:54:57 PM PDT
the only kinect game that i really enjoyed at all was rise of nightmares.
it is an actual game with a story, not just a fitness or dance title. and it's definitely not for kids!
it does have it's flaws, the movement (walking and turning to be specific) can be very frustrating. and it gets repetitious. but it has it's moments where you find yourself absorbed in the game. it's kind of fun to beat the heck out of zombies with pipes and wrenches and so on, kicking and punching your way through them. some of the ways you interact with your movements to solve little tasks (easy but still it's a new experience in gaming) are kind of neat. i will be completely honest though, after a while, i did start getting a little bored of the repetition and stopped playing. eventually i'll go back and finish the game.
anyway i'd recommend it if you are looking for a different experience with the kinect, especially if you are a fan of horror movies. :)

Posted on Apr 11, 2012 12:09:55 PM PDT
The Drizzle says:
i have kinect sports 1 and 2, dance central 1 and 2, fruit ninja, and kinect adventures. i dont play much dance central because i suck at it, but my girlfriend loves it, and the kinect sports games are pretty fun. the party mode is great if you have friends/family to play with.

Posted on Apr 9, 2012 12:07:55 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 2, 2012 11:00:02 AM PDT
Paul says:
I own many Kinect games, but these are the ones that get played the most:

Retail: Dance Central 2, Kinect Sports 1 & 2.
Arcade: Happy Action Theater, Fruit Ninja Kinect, Wreckateer

Posted on Apr 9, 2012 9:25:48 AM PDT
JO MOMMA says:
download Kinect Fun Labs from XBox Live and download Funk Fu. Its like Fruit Ninja but better.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 9, 2012 5:19:55 AM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 21, 2012 4:09:38 PM PDT
Gin says:
Move has no games

**Corrected it for you.

Posted on Mar 13, 2012 12:42:13 PM PDT
Gus Hound says:
Fruit Ninja is another good one. Gunstringer comes with a free download for it, or you can download it for MS Points on Xbox Live.

Posted on Mar 13, 2012 9:59:31 AM PDT
Jadryx says:
I totally agree with Gus Hound on Kinect Sports and Kinect Disneyland Adventures. Those and Dance Central 2 get the most play at my house.

Posted on Mar 13, 2012 9:39:22 AM PDT
Gus Hound says:
Gunstringer, Kinect Sports 1 and 2, Disneyland Adventures, and Joy Ride are the most entertaining ones I've purchased. You can get demos for most of these on XBox Live.

Gunstringer: A storyline and presentation unlike anything I've ever seen in video games.

Sports 1 and 2: The standard Wii-like games. Some are great (bowling, darts, ping pong), others are not so great (football, baseball).

Disneyland Adventures: Bought this for my kids, but I've played it more than they have. There's so much to do between the dozens of mini-games themed after actual Disneyland rides, and the hunt and gather quests from the characters. Plus the detail in the park is amazing, right down to the authentic trash cans.

Joy Ride: A fun cartoon-style race game.

There are a couple big releases in the next few weeks: Kinect Rush (Pixar) and Kinect Star Wars

Also, download Kinect Fun Labs from XBox Live. There are quite a few free mini-games in the Fun Labs that showcase what Kinect can do. Mutation Station is a riot. It's the first thing I show people who have never seen Kinect in action.

The only game I advise against is Kinectimals. Stay away unless you have very small children.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2012 8:25:32 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Mar 13, 2012 9:29:47 AM PDT]

Posted on Mar 13, 2012 6:18:23 AM PDT
kinect has no games

Posted on Mar 13, 2012 12:53:29 AM PDT
Both kinect sports are fun( I like the first one better). Stick to the Dance Central's if your looking for dance games.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2012 11:12:36 AM PDT
I bought my children the xbox kinect for Christmas and they also don't have a lot of room. So far they really enjoy the dance ones and sport 2 the first sport is not to much, they also like the fitness tapes. The youngest son likes all the roll playing ones but the older girl and boy like the ones posted. Good luck

Posted on Mar 12, 2012 9:32:19 AM PDT
abizzell says:
Try some of the demos from the game marketplace. I haven't bought it yet, but I loved the demos for Gunstringer, Kung-Fu High Impact, and Hole in the Wall.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 10, 2012 9:19:18 AM PST
G. Clouser says:
Though it's not a full Kinect game, the voice recognition features in Mass Effect 3 are pretty awesome!
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Xbox 360 forum
Participants:  22
Total posts:  26
Initial post:  Mar 9, 2012
Latest post:  Aug 2, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions