Customer Discussions > Xbox 360 forum

What's the deal with Halo Reach?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 24, 2012 8:48:30 AM PST
IbanezHRC says:
Two questions on Halo Reach:

1) I got an XBOX for the family this Christmas and it came with a free Halo Reach download. Can I start my venture into the world of Halo with this game or do I need to start with Halo CE and play up to Reach? Obviously I would like to start with the one I got for free to see if I even like the series, but I don't want to ruin it by starting with the 4th game and not liking it because I don't know any of the back story.

2) Why is it that when I read reviews for Halo Reach people either say it is their favorite Halo game ever, or they say it is the absolute worst Halo game ever, and there does not seem to be much in between. What is it about this game that causes such a divide amongst the Halo fans?
Your reply to IbanezHRC's post:
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)

Posted on Feb 24, 2012 9:14:50 AM PST
Kin-foot says:
1) Halo Reach takes place before all the Halo games storyline wise. So it's a good place to start. That said, Halo CE is going to feel very old when you play it.

2) I think it's the best in the series. Some people don't like change, like the new armors for MP. Some people don't like the lack of Master Chief (main character in Halo 1-3).

Posted on Mar 2, 2012 6:13:07 AM PST
It's a fun game, but there are a few new abilities they've added (in my opinion to try and keep up with Call of Duty) that are perceived as throwing the balancing off. Halo has traditionally been the most balanced (again, in my opinion) fighter out there. With these new abilities, the game feels different.

The other change could be because people liked how the original developers, Bungie, handled the Halo community. Now that Bungie has moved on, 343 Industries has some big shoes to fill and eager fans to please.

Posted on Mar 2, 2012 10:59:59 AM PST
Reach is epic. Absolutely, hands-down my favorite game in the series, and I've played them all through from start to finish several times. Go for it! :)

Posted on Mar 2, 2012 11:05:35 AM PST
GarionOrb says:
Reach has the most gut-wrenching and depressing finale of any of the Halo games.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2012 11:35:25 AM PST
As for single player, there is no arguing with this. The game is great. Even the multiplayer is some of my favorite in the series, especially with the amount of level customization and playlists. Some of the equipment still drives me crazy though.

Posted on Mar 2, 2012 12:48:17 PM PST
The Drizzle says:
halo reach MP is alot of fun, but i dont think its the best. if i could play halo 2 online, id do it forever, everything about that game's MP was perfect. The most memorable halo maps are pretty much from that game for me.

Posted on Mar 2, 2012 8:20:38 PM PST
Dan says:
I think Halo: Reach online is the best of the Halo series, but I loved the Halo 3 custom games. There was no comparison. Although the new physics in the forge world on Halo: Reach open up and whole new world in terms of custom games. Great place to start in some ways. Personally I started from the original Halo: CE and worked my way up. Halo in general is a great series and anybody that plays it should find an experience they will find to be very unique!

Posted on Mar 7, 2012 1:33:18 PM PST
KnucklesX360 says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 7, 2012 3:19:56 PM PST
JWK says:
So, Reach is your favorite game, then?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 7, 2012 8:06:09 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 7, 2012 8:07:29 PM PST
Anthony says:
Halo Reach is more or less a Prequel to the first Halo game. there is actually a novel about it that came out well before the game written by either William C. Deitz or Eric Nylund, can't recall which, as well.

as to quality, i can't actually attest to it personally since i haven't actually played it, but i assume it is at least partially because they didn't like the ending.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Xbox 360 forum
Participants:  10
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  Feb 24, 2012
Latest post:  Mar 7, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions