Shop Costumes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote Subscribe & Save Introducing Handmade New Kitchen Scale from AmazonBasics Amazon Gift Card Offer redoaks redoaks redoaks  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage UnchartedBundle Shop Now Kids Halloween
Customer Discussions > Xbox 360 forum

Dust 514

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 27, 2012 8:50:38 AM PDT
Spirit says:
This game reads like a dream. It has interesting concepts.

Looks great too and its ps3 exclusive.

I'm not usually one to gloat but this game looks way too awesome to not brag about it.

Posted on Mar 27, 2012 8:50:56 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 27, 2012 8:55:27 AM PDT
Spirit says:
This game is looking better and better:

From the article:

"At the DUST 514 keynote last week we saw perhaps the most tangible interaction so far, when an EVE Online Player unleashed an Orbital Bombardment from his spaceship, down on to the ground battle happening in DUST 514, all live on-stage. Afterwards, I caught up with DUST 514 Executive Producer Brandon Laurino to learn exactly how that happened. "So what you saw there uses all of the communication tools we're making available," he explained. "We were up on stage but, when you're at home playing DUST 514, you're going to be communicating via voice and text chat and saying `I need some help down here buddy' to an ally playing EVE Online."

"Then what you do is use your Cortex, which is kind of like your portable computer, to paint a target on the surface. That target will show up for the EVE Online player to make their way over to, ready their cannons and, if it all goes off successfully, that shot is going to come down from one game on the PC to another on the PS3, all in real time."

I am somewhat disheartened that dust is linked to eve online. Its like they used dust to drag more people into eve. Even so dust looks fantastic so far.

I predict dust will be the ps3s "halo"......although a better one.

Its also f2p and I hate that.

Posted on Mar 27, 2012 9:32:50 AM PDT
Modern Wolf says:
wow you still bragging about your PS3 and its stupid exclusives? GTFO

Posted on Mar 27, 2012 4:56:20 PM PDT
Joel H. says:
Don't trip Austin.. XBLA is releasing one HELL of a sidescroller this week! Be sure to save up 4,471.02 points!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 28, 2012 9:21:29 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 28, 2012 9:24:07 AM PDT
Joseph Sayre says:
So you have to rely on someone from a completely different game whom you have no real time communication with to carry out orders from something they can easily ignore? Not saying it will be bad but? I dunno its hard enough getting dumb people to work together in an FPS in the SAME game, much less 300 APM monsters in an RTS, who white honestly couldn't care less what your instructions are.

Think if this was starcraft, what if your little marine could shot nonsense to a guy controlling him? He wants you to kill a zerg base and you say no i want to kill this protoss base. Well he's in control. You're boned. Doesn't matter if you agree. Unless this was set up with teams in mind, its not going to work well. IMO. But we can hope

Posted on Mar 29, 2012 10:16:59 AM PDT
Spirit says:
From the article it seems communication between players in both games would be in real time. If the action happened in real time (the bombing) then it stands to reason that communication for that action happened in real time.

I do feel getting people to work together could be a pain.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 31, 2012 11:41:56 AM PDT
Ehh, I don't think they're stupid. I own both consoles and IMO the PS3 has the better game library tbh.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 31, 2012 12:28:07 PM PDT
Modern Wolf says:
still he dosent need to brag about it on the 360 forum.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Xbox 360 forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Xbox 360 forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Mar 27, 2012
Latest post:  Mar 31, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions