Posted on Jul 2, 2012 2:36:30 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 2, 2012 2:38:30 PM PDT
Ill give you an unbiased reply
Xbox 360 Pros:
Great Multiplayer
Less Lag
Awsome friend system and chat sytem
Tons of apps, most are free and im sure you can acess some w/o even paying
Fun arcade games when you dont have the money for full games.
So many games to choose from, you can also buy them strait off the marketplace if ur to lazy to go to store
Very comfortable controller
More customizeble depending on model
A bit cheaper.
Cons-
Design flaws, but they were fixed long ago.
You have to pay to get access to the goodies online.
Focuses a lot on multiplayer, not many single player games with great stories.
Little kids seem to rage.... a lot and they squeak...it hurts

Ps3-Pros
Stylish design
Free online - part of this goes in cons
Nice singleplayer games
Can play ps2 games and ps1 but i heard that u cant anymore, if you still can please correct me.
An ok interface.
Has a few apps....um
Can buy games and things from marketplace like on xbox.
Can use a bluetooth piece for a mic
Cons-
Uncomfortable controller comapered to xboxs in any game situation.
Has overheating problems after a while my gf dad is going on his 3rd ps3 because of same problem even with proper ventilation.
Apps are kind of boring and not good looking.
Cant multitask music w/ games.
Less extras add ons and accessories.
Yes u get lots of space for 200$ but it seems pointless because idk any1 who has passed 80gb.
Low amout of people to play online with.
Very basic Chat system - 99% of when i played all i hear was people tvs becuase none of the mics unless its a turltle beach or something are designed for the console- most people use bluetooth. - just kinda annoying.
Conclusion-
If you like the exhilarating and fun online and relatively boring single player of xbox games (unless the game invovles zombies or something intresting), the comfortable controller that makes gaming quite enjoyable, and the fairly amazing customization of things from ur avatar to the xbox itself and controllers then xbox is all u.
If you rarely play or when u do play all u do is single player when u do play and the controller dosent bother you much go for ps3! 200$ gets u a console and a game, but truth be told if this is how u play u dont need 250gb. And from what im readying, they are going to start charginging, what im basically saying is
Xbox 360 > Ps3 hands down.
I will never pay sony for online, theyve got hacked how many times? and they wont me to put my card on there HA!!! Thats funny. Hope this helped!
Sorry if grammar is bad typed this out quick

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012 6:48:07 PM PDT
omnipotent93 says:
after reviewing 12 rounds of the techno buffolo console war video i realized that most of the rounds that pertained to gaming supported my arguments clearly as the 360 being the better gaming console and the ps3 being the universal powerhouse that it is however, i realized it's tie if you want to know why i consider it a tie you can catch me on my psn onimpotent93 i sent you friend request by the way and a message or you can catch me on the 360 proEAsports93 sent you a friend request there as well I'm soorry about the grammar issues but i much rather chat with you then sit here typing it's time consuming to me and i really can't say what i want to say. and please when you send me a message don't assume i don't own the account i believe you sent me a friend request before and when i tried to accept it you cancelled it which isn't reasonable for i play my 360 more than i do my ps3

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012 7:42:43 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 6, 2012 9:33:30 PM PDT
"Ill give you an unbiased reply"

You keep telling yourself that, and it might come true.

"Great Multiplayer"

To be fair though, both consoles have great multiplayer AND single player games.

"Less Lag"

Honestly, I've never had performance differences between Live and PSN. Both lag as much as the other for me, which is to say very rarely. The only game that I can think of that really did have better online on the 360 (initially anyways) was Team Fortress 2, but that was more because of bad coding, not so much the online infrastructure. After all, all that live and PSN are are P2P servers.

"Awsome friend system and chat sytem"

While I do agree that the party system is more centralized and convenient on the 360, cross game voice party chat just kills online multiplayer for me over Xbox Live. To me it's just a distracting feature that only serves to draw attention away from teamwork in multiplayer matchmaking sessions. For example, try winning a game of Battlefield 3 when you're the only member of your team who is using in game chat while your teammates are talking to their friends who are playing other games. It's no wonder its 360 players were complaining about not placing restrictions on it.

"Tons of apps, most are free and im sure you can acess some w/o even paying"

Both consoles have a bunch of apps, and whichever the PS3 doesn't have that the 360 has can most likely be accessed on its web browser, and whichever ones the PS3 has that the 360 doesn't can probably be accessed on the 360's upcoming Internet Explorer implementation.

"Fun arcade games when you dont have the money for full games."

Same with the PS3.

"So many games to choose from, you can also buy them strait off the marketplace if ur to lazy to go to store"

Same with the PS3.

"Very comfortable controller"

I can agree with that.

"Design flaws, but they were fixed long ago."

True, but it's still the least reliable console of this gen unfortunately.

"You have to pay to get access to the goodies online."

Meanwhile, PSN has more dedicated server supported games and the PS3 has more exclusive content that's been coming out for multiplatform releases as well as more exclusive game releases, all while having less ads on its interface.

"Focuses a lot on multiplayer, not many single player games with great stories."

Have you even played Alan Wake?

"Little kids seem to rage.... a lot and they squeak...it hurts"

You will find kids on EVERY online service, though I have noticed a prevalence of them on Xbox Live more so than on the others. Even so, that has more to do with personal experience than the online itself so it's not a very valid criticism.

"Stylish design"

I may prefer and play my PS3 over my 360, but I still think the 360 slim is the better looking machine in terms of aethetics.

"Free online - part of this goes in cons"

Lol, how is PSN being free a bad thing?

"Nice singleplayer games"

Like I said before, this applies to both consoles.

"Can play ps2 games and ps1 but i heard that u cant anymore, if you still can please correct me."

The most recent hardware models only have disc-based PS1 backwards compatibility.

"An ok interface."

To me the 360 interface is an ugly, ad-filled mess while the PS3 XMB is more functional, user friendly, and more aesthetically pleasing. It's much more effortless to find what you're looking for, and whenever you want to purchase something from the store, you don't have to go through a whole list of useless Avatar items before finding the DLC you're looking for like you do on the live marketplace. IMO, the 360 dashboard just keeps getting more and more cumbersome with each new update, with more inputs being required to get to where you want to go (unless you have Kinect).

"Has a few apps....um"

Again, both systems have a bunch of apps, both exclusive and shared, but at least the PS3 has a web browser so the apps it doesn't have that are on the 360 can be accessed on it.

"Can buy games and things from marketplace like on xbox."

Yarp.

"Can use a bluetooth piece for a mic"

Uh-huh.

"Uncomfortable controller comapered to xboxs in any game situation."

If it weren't for the 360's awful d-pad, I would've agreed with you, but as it stands, I think the DualShock 3 is the more functional controller. I don't really find the 360 controller THAT much more comfortable than the DualShock 3, and if playing shooters on the PS3 really bothers you, you can always buy trigger attachments.

"Has overheating problems after a while my gf dad is going on his 3rd ps3 because of same problem even with proper ventilation."

Luckily, I haven't experienced such problems with either my 360 or my PS3. The 360 really does have the least reliable hardware of this console gen though.

"Apps are kind of boring and not good looking."

How are they boring? Both systems have mostly the same things. You're kind of reaching under the barrel if you're really arguing for something as purely subjective as aesthetics. Just a second ago, you implied that you thought the PS3 looked better than the 360, and I thought the opposite. You're bound to get different opinions on which has the better looking apps, which is the better game, which is the better console, etc. It's all personal opinion.

"Cant multitask music w/ games."

Actually, custom soundtracks are an available feature to some PS3 titles, but I personally think it's taking away from the gaming experience. I had a friend of mine who abused it while playing Halo 3, and this was his first Halo game so he had never heard the Martin O'Donell score. I told him that he should give it a chance, which he did. After that day he never used the feature again. You can really miss out on some great music.

"Less extras add ons and accessories."

Wrong. Both consoles have just as many, though I don't see how having less accessories would be a bad thing. That would mean that you are getting a fuller package with the console alone.

"Yes u get lots of space for 200$ but it seems pointless because idk any1 who has passed 80gb."

Both consoles have SKUs with harddrives of up to 320 gbs, so i don't how that carries any validity.

"Low amout of people to play online with."

Source? Even if PSN had less regular users than Xbox Live, does it really matter when it's almost completely assured that online multiplayer sessions will be completely filled either way?

"Very basic Chat system - 99% of when i played all i hear was people tvs becuase none of the mics unless its a turltle beach or something are designed for the console- most people use bluetooth. - just kinda annoying."

I honestly get the same problem out of Live as well.

"If you like the exhilarating and fun online and relatively boring single player of xbox games (unless the game invovles zombies or something intresting), the comfortable controller that makes gaming quite enjoyable, and the fairly amazing customization of things from ur avatar to the xbox itself and controllers then xbox is all u."

The PS3 is just as customizable, more so if you take Home into consideration (but I honestly almost never use PlayStation Home anyways). And, once again, both consoles have great multiplayer AND single player games.

"If you rarely play or when u do play all u do is single player when u do play and the controller dosent bother you much go for ps3! 200$ gets u a console and a game, but truth be told if this is how u play u dont need 250gb. And from what im readying, they are going to start charginging, what im basically saying is"

I've been a gamer my whole life and I play my PS3 MUCH more than my 360 (both single player AND multiplayer games) so I don't know what you mean by that. BTW, start charging for what?

"Xbox 360 > Ps3 hands down."

Your opinion, but definitely not mine. I still think the PS3 is the more full-featured media machine, the better and more functional hardware, and the more fun and diverse game library. As for the OP, he should get whichever system will suit his/her needs best.

"I will never pay sony for online, theyve got hacked how many times?"

Actually, they've only been hacked once (the infamous system wide hack of last year), not including in-game hacks that the 360 also experiences while live has experienced hacks that have nothing to do with phishing or pharming (like Major Nelson's hacked account), extensive down times (one that in 2007 lasted for over a week), recently lost information via the FIFA account hacks, and so on and so forth. Those affected by Live's downtime just got one crappy arcade title while PS3 owners got multiple retail games for download as well as insurance in case of identity theft (none of which was or has been reported). So much for getting what you pay for right? Hell, live is actually losing content with the cancellation of its inside Xbox programming. If you really do think that the PSN hack that happened a year ago is still a relevant issue, then you're about as smart as the PS3 fangirls who keep bringing up the RRoD like it happens to the newer 360 models.

" and they wont me to put my card on there HA!!! Thats funny. "

....Wut? =]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012 7:52:44 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 3, 2012 11:42:57 AM PDT
"after reviewing 12 rounds of the techno buffolo console war video i realized that most of the rounds that pertained to gaming supported my arguments clearly as the 360 being the better gaming console and the ps3 being the universal powerhouse that it is however"

360 won controllers (they thought it was more comfortable), GPU, online experience (mostly because of the party system), multiplatform games (though even they noted that the differences are almost always minimal whenever a game is better performing on the PS3 or on the 360), and the future (which was an entirely speculative matter). Meanwhile, the PS3 won hardware and external design, CPU, User Interface, Media Playback, Exclusive Games, and overall quality.... How exactly does that tell you that the 360 is the better gaming option again? =]

" i realized it's tie if you want to know why i consider it a tie you can catch me on my psn onimpotent93 i sent you friend request by the way and a message or you can catch me on the 360 proEAsports93 sent you a friend request there as well I'm soorry about the grammar issues but i much rather chat with you then sit here typing it's time consuming to me and i really can't say what i want to say. and please when you send me a message don't assume i don't own the account i believe you sent me a friend request before and when i tried to accept it you cancelled it which isn't reasonable for i play my 360 more than i do my ps3"

You can tell me right here. I sent you a request to verify your account and cancelled it. I don't friend disrespectful people who think their opinions are facts. =3

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 3, 2012 4:33:51 AM PDT
WeaKeN says:
almost every single point you made is pure opinion, and a lot of it is just incorrect. it's obvious you know nothing about the ps3, which makes your reply very biased and uninformed.

Posted on Jul 3, 2012 9:08:10 AM PDT
Oswaldo says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 3, 2012 9:54:25 AM PDT
"Get the Xbox 360 because is beautiful"

I agree that the 360 slim really is the sexiest looking console ever made.

"and it has a bigger community than ps3."

Source? Even if this were true, does it really matter which has the bigger community when you're almost always assured that multiplayer sessions will be full either way?

" Not to mention that we have awesome exclusives that ps3 players don't get to play."

And the PS3 has awesome exclusives that 360 players don't get to play, so what's your point? I actually think the PS3 has the better games IMO.

"So having said that get the Xbox."

The OP should get the console that fits his/her desires best, not follow the advise of fangirls like you brah. BTW, I happen to own both consoles and I love and play my PS3 more than my 360.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 4, 2012 12:27:05 AM PDT
Oswaldo says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 4, 2012 3:42:59 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 4, 2012 3:50:00 AM PDT
"The only decent exclusive that ps3 has is god of war, the rest suck and they can't even compare to halo, gears of war, fable, forza Motorsport among many others."

According to what? Your personal opinion? If you have a source, feel free to provide it.

The great thing about personal opinions is that they differ from person to person...you wouldn't be an alt account of Omnipotent93 by chance, would you? Feel free to prefer the exclusives of whatever console you choose, but don't insult the intelligence of every other individual in this thread by stating that your opinion is right simply because it's your opinion/preference.

I shouldn't even have to tell you this, but you aren't right all the time and people who disagree with your opinion are not automatically wrong.

Fish may prefer PS3 (as he has stated several times), but at least he acknowledges and presents that it is his own opinion and not some unabashed truth that cannot ever be questioned (which is the exact opposite of what you just did).

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 4, 2012 8:48:15 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 4, 2012 11:50:43 AM PDT
"The only decent exclusive that ps3 has is god of war, the rest suck and they can't even compare to halo, gears of war, fable, forza Motorsport among many others."

Lol, I'm sorry but I'm really going to have to disagree with you there. I'm a Halo fan. I always have been. It's my favorite FPS franchise to this day (I thought that Gears 1 and 2 and the Fable games were overrated garbage, though I did enjoy Gears 3 alot. As for Forza, I'm not a fan of sim racers), but IMO, the PS3 has the FAR superior and more varied library with games like LBP, MGS 4, Infamous, God of War, Ratchet and Clank, Resistance, Killzone, Journey, o especially Uncharted just to name a few (and alot of these also have fantastic online multiplayer that make the game last). In fact, looking at the links below, I'd say that it's you who has the minority opinion brah.
http://www.youtube.com/user/jon4lakers/videos?query=Console+Wars
http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/all/all?view=condensed&sort=desc
http://www.gamerankings.com/browse.html
http://reviews.cnet.com/2722-9020_7-743.html :3
http://www.interactive.org/awards/
=]

"Obviously you play ps3 more because you are bias."

Sorry son, but speaking as a guy who enjoyed the original Xbox, the Gamecube, the DS, the GBA, and the N64 more than I did the PS1, PS2, or the PSP, I honestly just have more fun with the PS3 and its game library than I do with the 360 and its game library. Just because you're butt-hurt over my personal opinion and the opinion of the majority of critics and gamers doesn't make us biased. ^_^

"I'm starting to think that someone might have a Pinocchio nose. Mmmm lol"

My 360 gamertag is SSJ3Jedi and my PSN ID is SuperSaiyan3Jedi. =)

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 6, 2012 10:29:15 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 6, 2012 10:30:15 AM PDT
omnipotent93 says:
stop trolling i wouldn't make another account :/

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 7, 2012 4:23:49 PM PDT
Based on pretty much every post you've made son, I'd say it isn't too far fetched to think you'd do that tbh. =]

Posted on Jul 7, 2012 7:38:40 PM PDT
I own an xbox 360 and I have a neighbor who owns a ps3. If you have friends that have an xbox then you should get one rather than buying a ps3 because some of your friends have it(if i worded that correctly) I cant imagine having a console where I couldnt talk to my friends while we play different games. With my gaming style, that is the only reason I need to prefer an Xbox 360 over an ps3. Comparing these consoles is like comparing iphones to androids Its rather pointless but im going to share why the Chat system on the xbox was a deal maker for me. for example, I talk to my friends while 2 are competitively playing madden against eachother, 2 are playing team up on 2k12, ones on netflix, one is on skyrim, and ones playing minecraft. That was just an example for we all have the same games. We negotiate trades in our online franchises, we share stories from skyrim, we get to listen to whats going on play by play when we play madden and 2k. Chatting with My friends from school, family, and people i meet online makes the xbox the console for me. When I watch netflix I can be in a party with people watching the same thing and converse. I dont care about the Ads (about 2 on the main dash) on the dashboard or the lack of a blue ray player or the other things people claim make the ps3 better. Forge mode on halo is also the best videogame feature ever designed. FORGET A SOURCE! just experience it. Xbox Live Party Is what makes the xbox better IN MY OPINION. All this other crap everyone is talking about is unnoticeable. Ive seen people buy an xbox 360 because of GOW and HALO. Resistance is like a generic gow in my opinion. Im not aware of the other ps3 exclusives like little big planet. THE KINECT IS THE FUN! coming from a male the kinect is very fun. Fruit ninja is probably the best 1200mp i spent. If the ps3 gets a party chat feature then I would consider giving it a chance but until then.. Xbox 360

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 7, 2012 9:24:52 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 9, 2012 1:15:20 PM PDT
"I own an xbox 360 and I have a neighbor who owns a ps3. If you have friends that have an xbox then you should get one rather than buying a ps3 because some of your friends have it(if i worded that correctly) I cant imagine having a console where I couldnt talk to my friends while we play different games. With my gaming style, that is the only reason I need to prefer an Xbox 360 over an ps3. Comparing these consoles is like comparing iphones to androids Its rather pointless but im going to share why the Chat system on the xbox was a deal maker for me. for example, I talk to my friends while 2 are competitively playing madden against eachother, 2 are playing team up on 2k12, ones on netflix, one is on skyrim, and ones playing minecraft. That was just an example for we all have the same games. We negotiate trades in our online franchises, we share stories from skyrim, we get to listen to whats going on play by play when we play madden and 2k. Chatting with My friends from school, family, and people i meet online makes the xbox the console for me. When I watch netflix I can be in a party with people watching the same thing and converse."

I completely understand, but personally, I don't know how you can play online multiplayer with a feature like cross game voice party chat, especially with teamwork oriented games like Halo, Gears of War, and Battlefield where communication is essential. I hate playing a game of big team sniper battle and lose it because most of my teammates were speaking with friends who were playing different games.

"I dont care about the Ads (about 2 on the main dash) on the dashboard or the lack of a blue ray player or the other things people claim make the ps3 better."

Nobody claimed the lack of ads on the PS3 makes it the better console. It's just BS that Xbox Live Gold members even get ads while other online services such as PSN get less of them while being free (and that's while PSN gets exclusive content out of multiplat releases and more games with dedicated server support). Besides, like I said before, just because I prefer and play my PS3 over my 360 doesn't mean I claim it to be the factually better console. The quality of a console and its games is subjective, reliant almost entirely on personal opinion.

"Forge mode on halo is also the best videogame feature ever designed."

If you like creation tools like Forge, then you'd absolutely love the LittleBigPlanet games. They probably have the most extensive capacity for user created content on consoles, more so than even forge IMO.

"FORGET A SOURCE! just experience it."

Huh????

"Xbox Live Party Is what makes the xbox better IN MY OPINION. All this other crap everyone is talking about is unnoticeable."

You mean it's unnoticeable in YOUR opinion, right?

"Ive seen people buy an xbox 360 because of GOW and HALO."

And I've seen people buy PS3s for Metal Gear Solid 4, Gran Turismo 5, God of War III, and the Uncharted games.

"Resistance is like a generic gow in my opinion."

But how is Resistance anything like Gears of War? Their gameplay and story isn't even remotely similar other than that they involve aliens.

"Im not aware of the other ps3 exclusives like little big planet."

The first one (along with Uncharted 2) is more critically acclaimed than any 360 exclusive ever released according to both metacritic and gamerankings, and it also won multiple 2008 game of the year awards. LittleBigPlanet 2 (along with Uncharted 3) was more critically acclaimed than any 360 exclusive to have come out the same year (which was last year).

" THE KINECT IS THE FUN! coming from a male the kinect is very fun."

From a purely technological standpoint, Kinect is the most impressive motion control solution. It has more real-world potential than the other motion controllers, BUT, from a pure gameplay standpoint, it's gimmicky garbage (well, to me it is anyway). Motion controls were primarily brought out to bring new levels of immersion to gameplay that used to be standard on a regular controller. You could swing swords, shoot enemies, cast spells, and your actions would be mimicked in game. THAT is bad-ass. What ISN'T bad-ass however is when motion controls are dumbed down to incredibly simple gestures because the hardware cannot keep up with the software. From a gameplay standpoint, Kinect is as functional as the Wii remote without the motion plus technology.

Why else do you think that we haven't seen anything along the lines of Sorcery, Red Steel 2, Killzone 3, or The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword on Kinect? Why else do you think that Forza 4's (in which you had no control of accelaration, effectively destroying strategy) and Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversarie's motion control inputs were poorly received? Why else do you think that Ghost Recon: Future Soldier's motion control inputs only apply to a weapon wheel and a quick test shoot rather than the whole game? Why do you think that Mass Effect 3 only has voice command support rather than full-on motion controls? Why else do you think Steel Batallion and Kinect Star Wars got such awful reviews? It's because Kinect is more limited than the wii remote plus and the move controller.

I will admit though that voice commands have awesome applications like shouting "Fus Ro Dah" and emitting a shout in Skyrim. The move's sensor/camera (the PS EYE) also supports headtracking and has some controller free motion controlled games such Kung-Fu Live, which actually ended up getting better reviews than Kinect's own fighting game, Fighter's Uncaged. At the moment anyway, Kinect is the weakest of the motion controls IMO.

"Fruit ninja is probably the best 1200mp i spent."

Really????

"If the ps3 gets a party chat feature then I would consider giving it a chance but until then.. Xbox 360"

Real gamers who are able to would attempt to experience what each console has to offer. Who knows. You may end up preferring the Wii or PS3 over the 360.

Posted on Jul 7, 2012 10:58:10 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jul 7, 2012 11:46:14 PM PDT]

Posted on Jul 8, 2012 11:24:23 AM PDT
M. Morin says:
Both are good consoles. You sound like a Sony guy, though. I prefer Xbox myself, but if you prefer RPG, story-based games, the PS3 is for you.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 8, 2012 11:34:03 AM PDT
WolfPup says:
Xbox has Sakaguchi's last two games though if you care about Japanese RPGs, and Fable...and for that matter The Witcher 2 if you don't have a PC. Mostly they're the same though.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 9, 2012 9:48:51 AM PDT
I've disagreed with Fish about the party chat and I disagree here with you.

I find the party chat only adds to the gaming experience in lobbies. I almost never put my ps3 headset on when playing solo (not playing with a group of friends) simply because the PS3 lobbies are full of "parties" that are yacking away about anything but the game and all that crap is in the game chat and not a "party chat" where it belongs.

I find very, very little coordination during FPS games on either console whether there is party chat or not. I do find lots of people who need to be muted because they are obnoxious.

Thankfully, the xbox lets me start a party (even if it is just me) and I don't have to hear what 4 eleven year olds are yacking about tea bagging in the lobby before the match or listen to them drone on about nonsense during the match......if a friend comes online, he can join my party and talk to me while I play away until the end of the match on the xbox.

This has resulted in two totally different ways I use headsets for each console. When I turn on the xbox, I put on the headset.....every single time. When I turn on the PS3, I don't even bother with the headset UNLESS I've already got a text message on my phone from ps3 pals saying they are now ready to play. My xbox pals never text message my phone for some reason (I think it has to do with the xbox's superior communication interface between users).

Party chat is great.

I remember the very first time my best friend (long, long time playstation fanboy) got onto his son's xbox and joined a party to play BLOPS with me last year. He remarked immediately how nice it was to NOT have to mute the rest of the lobby like he has to do on his PS3....so that he doesn't here the insane nonsense rampant on both networks.

On the xbox, all he could hear were his friends in the party.......as we went from game to game or lobby to lobby.......he always heard the same folks (the ones he wanted to hear) and never had to go to the player cards or whatever and mute each player not on his "team."

It was his favorite part of the xbox.

He liked it so much actually......he is trying to get his CoD crew to all use the release of BLOPS II to move to the xbox......tough sell as they are all playstation fanboys since the original Playstation days. He has gotten 4 so far though......out of about 10. I've spoken with all 4 that switched and they all are happy with the results so far.

Things mentioned in particular are the party chat (#1 by far) and co-op campaign. Two had missed doing co-op campaigns the last several years. Both grabbed Halo and Gears and raved over how much fun both were to play as co-op campaign online.

anyhoo.......I'll take the benefits of party chat even with the negatives.

I'll be shocked if playstation doesn't have party chat on the PS4. It was a shame they didn't put enough ram on the ps3 so that it was available since day one.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 9, 2012 10:28:01 AM PDT
WeaKeN says:
the ps4 will undoubtedly have party chat. but party chat really does take away from some multiplayer games. I played ghost recon on 360 and most people do not use the game chat because they are in another chat with one of their friends, ignoring everyone else on their team.

when it comes to a tactical game where you need to work with your entire team to win, party chat does take away from it. if there was party chat in the Socom era, it would have completely ruined the game. now, in party chat, you can talk to your teammates when you are dead. i think CoD S&D mode disables the use of party chat, but you can still use private chat.

my point is, party chat takes away from tactical MP games. but other than that, i really like it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 9, 2012 11:22:32 AM PDT
ragnarok0609 says:
" I thought that Gears 1 and 2 and the Fable games were overrated garbage "

dude you are gonna get stoned for commenting on gears. though i personally hate the Halo series except reach. those grunts really turned me off . they sound like alien kids. only reason i liked reach was bcoz they kept their mouth shut and their squeaky voices were removed.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 9, 2012 11:38:26 AM PDT
I do understand the problem when it comes to tactical games but I just don't see party chat having any noticeable effect on whether players communicate with teammates during game play.

When I want to be tactical then I am usually playing with a party already.

I just don't find a lot of "strategery" taking place on either console when I play with randoms.

I actually take the exact opposite view as far as working together with teammates and the effect party chat has on it. I think having party chat makes it far easier to coordinate with teammates in my experience.

I still love the PS3 though.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 9, 2012 12:38:46 PM PDT
Lol, I LOVE the grunts.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 9, 2012 12:49:45 PM PDT
WolfPup says:
Did he play Gears 2? IMO *ALL* the "big" FPS games are overrated, Gears, Halo, Resistance, Uncharted and most especially Call of Duty, but still Gears 2 is pretty darned good. I love the "razer rain" or whatever, and that whole almost survival-horror section of the game. Pretty great.

Gears 1 wasn't too good though, and that final boss fight was a complete chore. Better than Uncharted 1 though IMO.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 9, 2012 12:54:28 PM PDT
I personally thought Gears 1 and 2 were meh (though 2 was an improvement) while I downright adored the Uncharted games. Gears 3 I actually did enjoy.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 9, 2012 12:56:47 PM PDT
WolfPup says:
I own Gears 3 but...it's in The Backlog of Destiny™ LOL. Plan on buying Uncharted 3 also.

Uncharted 1 I expected to like but I found it too hard and the fights constant and tedious. Gears 1 I liked better, though still didn't really like. But IMO "2" of both games are massive improvements, and I like Uncharted 2 more than Gears 2, which is saying something. (If nothing else it looks way better...which is also saying something lol)
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Xbox 360 forum
Participants:  95
Total posts:  710
Initial post:  Apr 24, 2012
Latest post:  Jul 6, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 8 customers

Search Customer Discussions