Customer Discussions > Xbox 360 forum

Just bought a 360 Slim

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 29, 2012 11:43:01 AM PDT
Ben Linus says:
So I always had my old pro xbox console propped up a bit so that the air could easily be released. Once it died i got the new one, and i'm still propping it up a bit, even tho there is nowhere underneath for the air to escape anyway. Should I still be doing that? I also occasionally get more of a vibration sound while its propped up, which makes me a little nervous. I use four 1-2inch PVC to bring it up a bit, and if i should still prop it up should i not be using the PVC? Thanks, any help would be greatly appreciated

Posted on Mar 29, 2012 12:07:04 PM PDT
GarionOrb says:
I have my slim model positioned vertically without propping it up, and it's just fine. Trust me, the slims are INFINITELY more reliable than the older models. All the heat seems to dissipate from the right side (top when positioned horizontally).

Posted on Mar 30, 2012 1:45:20 PM PDT
Ben Linus says:
Thanks for the response buddy, everybody else seems to be too busy trying to get people to buy a ps3(not sure why they even care) but at least i got a response from somebody. I own both and im just trying to settle all my questions, and all i see is "why i think ps3 is better" Who cares what u think gentlemen? But hypothetically speaking, if i didn't move it to a vertical position, do you think my PVC setup is bad/good/doesn't matter? thanks again garion

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 30, 2012 2:15:39 PM PDT
ice grizzly says:
Just make sure that there is 6-9 inches clearance around the unit. 6 inches on the side and 6 inches on the top is more than enough to keep your xbox happy.

If your PVC is not sturdy and causes the drive to vibrate.. remove it.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 30, 2012 2:17:58 PM PDT
Joel H. says:
Any help is appreciated? You already bought the xbox! It's too late now!

Posted on Mar 30, 2012 8:52:51 PM PDT
Ben Linus says:
Oh you're hilarious buddy, say what you will about exclusives and whatnot but when it comes to online play at least, you get what you pay for. Then again i'm on my third Xbox not PS3 so i guess we can poke fun at both, if we don't wanna be a biased fanboy. And once again, i own both. Thanks for the HELPFUL comments tho I will take your advice and remove the pipes, ice. Just really paranoid about another one breaking, i havent even gotten the box for it out of view yet, kinda sad. And if i'm playing uncharted or god of war i'll be sure to think of you jake, dont fret my love!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Xbox 360 forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Mar 29, 2012
Latest post:  Mar 30, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions