Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Xbox 360 forum

What should I do??

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 13, 2011 6:20:50 PM PDT
Well about two years ago I purchased an Xbox 360 arcade, but then about 9 months later it broke (not by the RROD, actualy). Well it was still in Warrenty so we got a new one. It has lasted about a year, and I just purchased a 60 gb hardrive, and an ethernet cord to get internet. I got everything up and running but hen all of a suddent we got one red ring of death. I knew that was the worst thing for an Xbox so I went to the Microsoft website, and since my xbox was still in warrenty I had them ship m a new one. Well today (a day after this happened) I turned on the Xbox just for kicks and it worked! So I was excited but, I played it then about an hour later i tried it and it had the stupid RROD. But I tried to turn it on one more time to make sure it was really dead, but it turned on perfectly! IDK what to do! Should I just take the new Xbox? Or keep the one I have? Will Microsoft charge me?

P.s. Is 60 gb enough? I think it is but I'm no expert by any means..

Posted on Jun 13, 2011 7:10:58 PM PDT
Supermogg says:
Take the new one, the old one is on its way to being a refurb.

Posted on Jun 13, 2011 7:15:27 PM PDT
Kyddeath says:
They should charge you if you do not ship it back. What you are doing is called theft by conversion. Send it back keep your new one.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2011 9:04:35 PM PDT
Well we can't send it back until we get the new one. We haven't gotten the new one yet!

Posted on Jun 13, 2011 10:15:29 PM PDT
Kyddeath says:
I was under the impression that you had the new system already. Wait for the new one and ship your old one back

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2011 10:35:10 PM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 14, 2011 5:56:05 AM PDT
The Drizzle says:
60 gb is plenty. i upgraded a few years ago from 20 to 60, ive had xbox since shortly after launch (a few months) and i have used about 35 gigs. i have around 10 arcade games, and i install only 1 or 2 games at a time, whatever is getting alot of play at the time.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 14, 2011 10:37:28 AM PDT
okay thanks

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 14, 2011 10:38:09 AM PDT
False.

Posted on Jun 15, 2011 1:27:27 PM PDT
C. Bruder says:
60 GB should be plenty. I have a 250- fill it with most of my games, usually have 50gb left over. (Roughly 25-20 games installed and lots of XBLA)

And....im preeeetty sure you have to ship in your Xbox first, then Microsoft sends you a replacement. That is what ive done twice, unless they have changed it.

Posted on Jun 15, 2011 1:29:11 PM PDT
C. Bruder says:
And if you are getting the RROD at all, immediately use your warranty.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Xbox 360 forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Xbox 360 forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  Jun 13, 2011
Latest post:  Jun 15, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions