Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Fire TV Stick Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS
Customer Discussions > Xbox 360 forum

360 VS. PS3 who cares????

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 175 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 31, 2012 12:20:04 PM PDT
James Fisher says:
I keep hearing about which one is best PS3 or 360, what does it matter? As long as you have fun playing the games then it shouldn't matter which system you have.

Posted on Jul 31, 2012 1:59:05 PM PDT
Joel H. says:
Very interesting take.. it's about time a voice rose up and broke the silence. I salute you on your crusade, sir.

Posted on Jul 31, 2012 2:32:36 PM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 31, 2012 3:05:40 PM PDT
Fanthings care. Coming online and arguing over which system is 'better' is all they have in life.

Posted on Jul 31, 2012 6:24:55 PM PDT
H. Amireh says:
If you have so much time to come online many times to make useless posts about a system, that means your console isnt as great as you say it is, because if it is, why dont you take the time it took you to make useless posts, and spend it playing your favorite console?????

Posted on Jul 31, 2012 8:32:47 PM PDT
John McClane says:
You're right it doesn't matter. The 360 already won the war. There is nothing left to pwn PS3 fans about.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 31, 2012 11:18:58 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 1, 2012 4:48:58 PM PDT]

Posted on Aug 1, 2012 12:44:55 AM PDT
This thread is very important.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 4:05:29 AM PDT
WeaKeN says:
did you just use the word 'pwn'? now i think you must be one of those 12 year olds i keep hearing on CoD...

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 7:29:33 AM PDT
John McClane says:
It does to everyone else. Halo 4

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 7:37:03 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 1, 2012 7:37:13 AM PDT
Actually, if you look at those links, that IS everyone else.The Last of Us ^_^

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 10:02:17 AM PDT
H. Amireh says:
Well that's just their opinions on what consoles they think is better...and that's not what everyone says, just those people you mentioned. Its like if i went on YouTube, and made a big video about which console is the best, and then i make the wii win. Does that mean the Wii is the best? No, its all a matter of opinion.

However, in most people's opinions, Xbox 360 is better, as it is the best selling console in the USA and in the world....

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 10:12:20 AM PDT
WeaKeN says:
the Wii sells the most, crushing the 360 and PS3. sales mean nothing (to me).

Posted on Aug 1, 2012 10:16:39 AM PDT
H. Amireh says:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5Wl5GDBK7M

Posted on Aug 1, 2012 10:32:30 AM PDT
WeaKeN says:
can't watch youtube right now. what is it? the wii has sold the most home consoles globally, regardless of what a youtube video says. check out vgchartz.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 10:42:05 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 1, 2012 11:08:29 AM PDT
"Well that's just their opinions on what consoles they think is better...and that's not what everyone says, just those people you mentioned. Its like if i went on YouTube, and made a big video about which console is the best, and then i make the wii win. Does that mean the Wii is the best? No, its all a matter of opinion. However, in most people's opinions, Xbox 360 is better, as it is the best selling console in the USA and in the world...."

http://www.vgchartz.com/
Actually, you'll see that the PS3 still has the worldwide hardware lead. Right now, the number of 360s that have been sold worldwide is sitting at 67.4 million while the number of PS3s that have been sold is at 65.4, BUT as you may recall, the 360 was released one year before the PS3 came out, and up until the point the PS3 hit store shelves, the 360 had a lead of about 10 million units sold worldwide, meaning that since both consoles have been available, the PS3 has been leading international sales over the 360 by around 8 million units. Even so, how does this prove anything? DO you really think that the things that sell the most are the best? I guess you must think that Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 is superior to any of the Gears of Wars or Halos (since on the 360 version alone it outsells them), that Justin Bieber is the most talented male recording artist of our time, that Jame's Cameron's Avatar is the greatest movie ever made, and that Fifty Shades of Grey is a literary masterpiece. Your logic makes no sense because you're implying that everyone who owns a 360 must also own a PS3. After all, what other possible way could there be to compare the two other than borrowing the console from a friend or something along those lines? Your argument isn't very good.... Besides, one of those links was a user poll from IGN, and the metacritic one contained user scores for the games...in other words, that's ALOT of people that prefer the PS3 over the 360. =]

"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5Wl5GDBK7M"

U.S. numbers don't equal the entire world junior. Besides, even if you were right about the international numbers (which you're not), the Wii is still ahead of both consoles. Would that mean that the Wii is a fundamentally better platform than either the 360 or the PS3? No, because all that sales really amount to is good marketing and/or establishment. Why else do you think Gran Turismo 5 sold better than Forza 3 despite Forza 3 getting the better reviews and coming out a year earlier? How about Gears of War 3 selling better than Uncharted 3 despite Uncharted 3 getting better reviews? ^_^

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 10:56:02 AM PDT
John McClane says:
It doesn't matter, the 360 has the bigger marketshare and outsold the PS3 in 2011.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 10:59:15 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 1, 2012 11:02:41 AM PDT
"It doesn't matter, the 360 has the bigger marketshare and outsold the PS3 in 2011."

And yet the 360 still hasn't sold as many units worldwide as the PS3 since both platforms have been available despite being less expensive and despite coming out a year earlier. Just taking 2011 into consideration out of the entirety of this console generation doesn't prove anything. Sales in the first place don't prove anything in the way of quality. If you really think that's the case, again, I guess you must think that Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 is superior to any of the Gears of Wars or Halos (since on the 360 version alone it outsells them), that Justin Bieber is the most talented male recording artist of our time, that Jame's Cameron's Avatar is the greatest movie ever made, and that Fifty Shades of Grey is a literary masterpiece. =]

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 11:09:34 AM PDT
El Tron says:
You must really love distant second.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 11:20:28 AM PDT
John McClane says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 11:22:49 AM PDT
John McClane says:
You must really love being a casual gamer.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 11:29:45 AM PDT
"The point of referencing 2011 was the "headstart" didn't matter, several years later the 360 still outsold the PS3 for the year."

Not really. You're still referencing just one year out of this entire console generation. That doesn't change the fact that the PS3 has still sold more worldwide than the 360 since November 2006, when the PS3 was released. Are you honestly a Twihard, a Belieber, or a bigger fan of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 than you are of any of the Halos or Gears of Wars? =B

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 11:30:23 AM PDT
I don't think that a casual game library would be the most praised one of this console generation. =D

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 11:42:14 AM PDT
" Belieber"

I am SO stealing this word.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 11:55:11 AM PDT
Only if you belieb in libe after lub.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Xbox 360 forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Xbox 360 forum
Participants:  32
Total posts:  175
Initial post:  Jul 31, 2012
Latest post:  Oct 23, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions