Customer Discussions > Xbox 360 forum

xbox360 owners should upgrade to a ps3

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 987 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 3, 2012 11:17:06 PM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Feb 3, 2012 11:32:26 PM PST
Coty Fitch says:
In all honesty, I have both, and the 360 is BY FAR superior. The lack of Blu Ray is what made me buy a PS3, and games like Uncharted, God of War, Resistance, and Killzone. But when I want to play ANY multiplatform game, I play Xbox. And the exclusives (solely my opinion here) are better. Also, the new 360 Slims are black ;) lol. And so is mine, I got the Elite when it first came out.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 3, 2012 11:34:07 PM PST
i like your reply if all ps3/360 fanboys were like you we'd have world peace.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 3, 2012 11:45:16 PM PST
Coty Fitch says:
Lol, thanks :P

Its true though. I really do love my PS3, I don't regret buying it, but the Trophies, to me anyway, aren't as fun to collect as the also worthless gamerscore :(

Posted on Feb 4, 2012 12:03:35 AM PST
I have both Slim. PS3 is superior for Excluives, single player, and movies. Xbox is better for co-op and online type games. Oh and Halo :) But if I had to give up one, it would be the 360. (Although I'd miss Halo!!!!!!!!!)

Posted on Feb 4, 2012 12:17:55 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 4, 2012 12:19:15 AM PST
BrianDaman says:
Have both since launch of each.I like the Xbox better. I think xbox has better exclusives (Twisted Metal is crap btw) and xbox has the kinect (which is amazing), and is a heck of a lot better then carrying around PS3s glowing dildo.

Posted on Feb 4, 2012 8:46:53 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 4, 2012 8:48:06 AM PST
C. Wilsted says:
people with an IQ and age both in the mid to lower teens should not be aloud to start posts

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 4, 2012 10:55:41 AM PST
Halo I could care less about. The single player is far from inferior on Xbox - I don't know what PS3 does but the too-late addition of Cloud Saves to XBL is wonderful. It's just too bad they put that feature in over a year after my elite was stolen, so it didn't help me with my new slim. Whatever though, my game collection has increased massively and I don't have a care in the world about my stolen one.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 4, 2012 11:32:00 AM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 4, 2012 11:35:46 AM PST
I don't think starting posts really requires that much noise to begin with, though...

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 4, 2012 11:36:47 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 4, 2012 11:37:10 AM PST
And where, precisely, could one find a boook to read?

Posted on Feb 5, 2012 4:34:21 PM PST
coasteryder says:
Most Xbox owners already have Blu-ray players now..No need.

Posted on Feb 5, 2012 4:36:00 PM PST
I already have two PS3s. Then I decided that PS3s are toys. I decided to upgrade to a PC.

Posted on Feb 5, 2012 5:24:20 PM PST
Ed J Books says:
Sorry But that would be a major downgrade

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 5, 2012 6:54:17 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Feb 24, 2012 1:03:30 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 5, 2012 8:05:53 PM PST

Posted on Feb 6, 2012 3:51:52 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 6, 2012 3:54:12 AM PST
lol have both PS3 sits alot cept for exclusive games xbox is better online also
one of my PC s videocards cost more then the XBox 360 or the PS3

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 6, 2012 7:35:18 AM PST
Joseph says:
I have a 360 w/ Kinect and a 3D Blu Ray disc player. Getting the PS3 would be a downgrade in both graphics and a downgrade/redundancy for the Blu Ray disc player. Don't need it.

Posted on Feb 6, 2012 9:31:54 AM PST
J. Pierson says:
360 is superior.

Posted on Feb 6, 2012 9:43:59 AM PST
Trish says:
I don't think of myself as a Playstation fangirl or anything, but there tend to be more action and RPG exclusives to enjoy on the PS3 than the Xbox, and even though my brother-in-law gave me his 360 a few years ago, it wasn't until my husband got a Kinect at Christmas that I even bothered to boot the thing up and check it out. I was surprised by how many offerings there were on the Arcade, and the Kinect really is a blast (I have NO interest in the Move) but I resent the idea of having to pay extra for so much: a lot of exclusive games I saw reviewed for the Xbox over the years have turned me off of trying them because people seemed to feel that they were incomplete on their own and required DLC to make it feel like a full-featured, full-length game. And don't even get me started on charging me extra to play a game multiplayer, or even use Netflix.

All in all, if you're into shooters and/or movement games and not much else unless it makes it cross-platform, the Xbox is a superior choice, but I still find myself buying the PS3 version of a console game (unless it came out for PC; both consoles have too many graphical and framerate issues that I never experience on the PC side when a game is released on all three) and booting up the PS3 whenever I want to do something like watch Netflix. As far gamerscore vs. PS trophies, I feel like the "level" system Sony has going pushes me to want more trophies more than a flat number does. There's more feeling of grasping and achievement. But that's just me.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 6, 2012 9:54:09 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 6, 2012 2:46:45 PM PST
" Getting the PS3 would be a downgrade in both graphics"

I actually think PS3 exclusives look better than anything on the 360 tbh, and I own both mind you.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 6, 2012 9:56:07 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Feb 13, 2012 9:28:17 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 6, 2012 10:00:42 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 6, 2012 10:21:05 AM PST
"xbox has the kinect (which is amazing), and is a heck of a lot better then carrying around PS3s glowing dildo."

I disagree. That glowing dildo actually has potential for deep motion control gaming experiences. Kinect is just too limited to handle a game in the same vein as Sorcery or The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. Even if it was capable, gameplay would probably be downgraded to hand gestures orv something lame like that rather than actually accurately mimicking sword fighting, casting spells, and/or shooting like a badass. The Gunstringer comes close though, and Kinect does have a better integration into the 360 than the Move does to the PS3, but from a pure gameplay standpoint, I think Kinect is easily the weakest of the motion control devices.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 6, 2012 10:01:25 AM PST
PS3 had cloud saving before the 360, but it requires a PSN plus subscripton. =P

Posted on Feb 6, 2012 10:34:25 AM PST
Trish says:
I haven't tried the Move, but if it's anything like the Wii, I can't imagine how the Kinect could possibly be the weakest motion controls. Provided you're playing in a large enough area (which can be a problem for some people, admittedly) Kinect can see your entire body, and in my experience it has always been fast and accurate, making the game feel totally natural. Getting most games to work on the Wii ranges from annoying to next-to-impossible, particularly those geared toward heavy motion such as dance and exercise games. I don't see how gameplay on the Wii could possibly be anything BUT dumbed down to hand gestures. At least the Kinect sees the entire body. I also personally don't like having to hold onto things while I'm playing those games, especially the exercise games where I might want to be able to hold equipment instead. If the camera can't tell where my arm is without a glowing ball to track, that would seem to be a weakness in the system, not a strength.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 40 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Xbox 360 forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Xbox 360 forum
Participants:  159
Total posts:  987
Initial post:  Feb 3, 2012
Latest post:  Aug 29, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

Search Customer Discussions