Customer Discussions > Young Adult forum

YA Books for Adults

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 41 posts in this discussion
Posted on Mar 25, 2013 4:42:54 AM PDT
C. Hall says:
Rippler (The Ripple Trilogy)

Posted on Mar 6, 2013 12:39:38 AM PST
I read a lot, as I teach teenagers, and have one of my own, and really enjoy them. Agree with the suggestion of Anne McCaffrey's Pern novels, but best YA books by far of recent years (in mine and son's opinion) is the Chaos Walking series by Patrick Ness, starting with The Knife of Never Letting Go.

Posted on Feb 26, 2013 2:24:23 PM PST
writerlou says:
I would recommend a few things that may interest you.
The vampire academy series is pretty great, it has romance but has a great story line so that romance is not the main focus of the story.
There is a spin off of that series called the bloodlines series and it is fantastic, very enjoyable, once again there is romance but the story line is amazing very good read.
Another series that i believe is for more adult YA readers like you and me, would be the series called Thirst, i'd give those a try.
Hope I helped!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 3:12:16 PM PST
booklady says:
I loved Troubled Waters, too. Did you know a sequel is coming out this year "Royal Airs".

Posted on Feb 19, 2013 1:13:31 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 19, 2013 9:44:28 PM PST
C. Hall says:
The Rose Garden

Waterfall: A Novel

The Dancing Floor

Touch Not the Cat

This Rough Magic

To Catch a Bad Guy: A Romantic Suspense Novel (Janet Maple Series)

Loved Enough

Missing: The Secrets of Crittenden County, Book One

A Bride Most Begrudging

Danger in Plain Sight

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 8:59:52 AM PST
Refuse To Sink @Refusetosink.net Seems to be a great fit for you!

Posted on Apr 10, 2012 12:16:57 PM PDT
Kimberly says:
Graceling and Fire (The third comes out May 1!), Poison Study, Divergent, Enclave, Daughter of Smoke and Bone, and Angelfall

Posted on Nov 13, 2011 5:22:29 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 16, 2011 10:27:14 AM PST]

Posted on Nov 3, 2011 4:10:19 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 4, 2011 12:18:17 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2011 3:57:16 PM PDT
Nicole Coxon says:
Have you tried the boys that bite series by Mari Mancusi?? some of them have silly names but they are really good. They have good action scenes and romance tied in but doesnt overwhelm the books. I love all her books, YA and adult (but even the adult are written for the 20 something group) Hope that helps.... btw im 30 and still love YA books

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 29, 2011 9:17:37 AM PDT
just wanted to say that i think it's TOTALLY normal for us girls/women to LOVE young adult books still! i think it's because most of the books center around love, or some kind of love- and who doesn't LOVE, love?! :) when the story is appealing, it appeals to all of us, regardless of age. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 29, 2011 7:21:11 AM PDT
Mina says:
Thanks, Osborne, I'll be sure to check out each of your suggestions. =p <3

Posted on Sep 29, 2011 7:20:10 AM PDT
N. osborne says:
Graceling and Fire are both great books. I loved them both and think Kristin Cashore is very talented in her writing.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 29, 2011 7:19:28 AM PDT
Mina says:
Oo, though his book isn't the type of what I am looking for, it seems very interesting. Thanks for the recommendation. =p

Posted on Sep 29, 2011 7:18:57 AM PDT
N. osborne says:
Vampire Academy is awesome! It gets better with each book:)

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 29, 2011 7:18:25 AM PDT
Mina says:
I gave up on Forest of Hands and Teeth and The Angel Experiment because the beginning bored me to death. T___T

I'll be sure to try Graceling though. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 29, 2011 7:18:05 AM PDT
N. osborne says:
lol yeah they are not alike but I did enjoy The Silver Kiss more, I guess I had a soft spot for the lonely vampire:P

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 29, 2011 7:17:06 AM PDT
Mina says:
Sorry, though My Soul to Take was a cute read, it's not Adult-enough for me. =\

I'll be sure to check out Vampire Academy though. =p

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 29, 2011 7:14:56 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 29, 2011 7:15:31 AM PDT
Mina says:
Totally did not enjoy The Silver Kiss. =S It was nothing at all like Blood and Chocolate, lol.

BUT, Graceling and Poison Study are sitting on my bookshelf waiting to be read next. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 29, 2011 7:07:41 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 29, 2011 7:09:08 AM PDT
N. osborne says:
Ok a MUST read sereis that I think fits your specifications is The Poison Study trilogy, Book 1 is Poison Study, 2 is Magic Study and 3 is Fire Study by Maria V Snyder. This series was sooo much better then I ever thought it would be and is amazingly written. Again if you have not read Graceling, that would be up your alley as well:) Oh and I see you enjoyed Bolld and Chocolate, then check out The Silver Kiss by same author as well.

Posted on Sep 28, 2011 9:02:32 PM PDT
Mina says:
Thanks for the suggestions, everyone! Keep them coming. :)

Also, I don't mind older protagonists, as long as they are below 25 years old. I have nothing against older people! It's just that I can relate better with those near my age.

Posted on Sep 28, 2011 8:40:33 PM PDT
i did miss that one!!!! thank you! :)

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 28, 2011 7:34:53 PM PDT
@Jenn,
I saw that you deleted a lot of your posts from other threads, and I really appreciated that, seeing as self promotion is only permitted in the Meet Our Authors forum. I'm guessing you just missed this one, but if you're tracking the discussion, hopefully you'll delete this too, and rejoin the conversations as a regular reader! Thanks. :)

Posted on Sep 28, 2011 4:46:39 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Sep 28, 2011 8:40:20 PM PDT]

Posted on Sep 28, 2011 4:21:35 PM PDT
Micah Dawson says:
You Try Gena Showalter's Intertwined Series

Intertwined(Book One)
Unraveled(Book Two)
Twisted(Book Three)

It is a great series that features Vampire, Werewolves, Witches and other supernatural elements.
I was amazed at her writing.

There is A lot of Action, Romance, Sex(Tasteful), Excellent Character Development and a great serie
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Young Adult forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Young Adult forum
Participants:  28
Total posts:  41
Initial post:  Sep 23, 2011
Latest post:  Mar 25, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 12 customers

Search Customer Discussions