Initial post: May 17, 2012 6:12:06 PM PDT
I love books like these. Ive read:
-breathe
-rock and a hard place
-moving neutral

Posted on May 17, 2012 6:44:08 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 17, 2012 6:45:27 PM PDT
ASX says:
I just read an eBook like this, except the heroine is famous and the hero is a regular person. Really enjoyed it. I will say it's too steamy for actual young adults, but if you're an adult who happens to read a lot of YA like me, you should check it out. It's called One Night Standoff.

I'm definitely going to read the ones you've mentioned because I love that idea! If it's done well it can be really rewarding.

A

Posted on May 18, 2012 2:48:20 AM PDT
Adnana says:
Someone Else's Fairytale by E. M. Tippetts

Also, in ASX's words, if you're an adult who happens to read a lot of YA like me, there are some awesome adult books I can recommend. These are books I loved and which have a place on my (digital) keeper shelf.
Just the Sexiest Man Alive by Julie James
Love Unscripted by Tina Reber
Perfect by Judith McNaught

Posted on May 18, 2012 12:35:32 PM PDT
What you are looking for is very similar to this other thread in the forum::
http://www.amazon.com/forum/young%20adult/ref=cm_cd_tfp_ef_tft_tp?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=FxYYBPV8QIG2V4&cdThread=Tx12V9RRG1TTBSC
(YA romance in which wealthy, popular Hero pursues a (seemingly) ordinary girl)

Posted on May 18, 2012 3:32:05 PM PDT
ASX says:
Wanted to come back to recommend What I Did for Love: A Novel. Both the hero and heroine are famous though, and again it's predicated on you being an adult because the sex scenes are pretty sexy. But I really enjoyed it, and I think the author has a whole series where either the hero or the heroine is famous (I haven't read any others but there seem to be a lot of crossover characters in the book).

A

Posted on May 21, 2012 9:36:37 PM PDT
Teen Idol by Meg Cabot fits this kind of. It's about a girl who has to help a teen celebrity adapt to life at her high school. It's a fun, light read and most assuredly, YA.

Posted on Jun 6, 2012 12:52:35 PM PDT
Adnana says:
There You'll Find Me by Jenny B. Jones
My Double Life by Janette Rallison
Just One Wish by Janette Rallison
Good For You Tammara Webber
Shooting Stars by Allison Rushby

Posted on Jun 7, 2012 7:15:25 PM PDT
R. Brown says:
Jane by April LindnerJane definitely fits the bill for that description!

Posted on Jun 16, 2012 6:46:27 AM PDT
Snapshot (The Jamieson Collection) by Angie Stanton (sequel to a Rock and a Hard Place)
The Kiss Off
Emma hearts LA

Posted on Jun 27, 2012 7:47:44 AM PDT
Alidai says:
The Selection maybe?

Posted on Jul 6, 2012 1:30:22 AM PDT
BMW says:
I second There You'll Find Me by Jenny B. Jones

Posted on Jul 6, 2012 2:51:43 AM PDT
B. Meyers says:
Two new release books I highly enjoyed with that theme are:

Loving Summer
Saving You, Saving Me

Posted on Jul 30, 2012 6:43:38 PM PDT
Zeba143 says:
bump

Posted on Jul 30, 2012 9:34:45 PM PDT
Sarah Marie says:
Did anyone suggest Immortal City? I'm stoked to read it because it's paranormal and sounds super interesting. If I remember correctly it's about a city where humans coexist with angels and angels are considered superstars. The most famous and revered angel in the city is the main character and he meets a human girl who has no idea who he is (which surprises him because he is super famous). Anyway, he falls in love with her and they battle evil together and so on and so forth. Should be perfect for your need.

Posted on Aug 1, 2012 3:56:42 PM PDT
J. Schneider says:
I second the recommendation for Teen Idol by Meg Cabot. It's a really fun beach read.

Posted on Aug 1, 2012 5:08:12 PM PDT
mboyer says:
READ THE "EXISIXTENCE" SERIES by Abby Glines. I could not put it down.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 2, 2012 8:23:27 AM PDT
Terri says:
Try

Thoughtless

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 5:01:58 PM PST
Bubbles says:
Great book with this theme:
Unmaking Hunter Kennedy

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 9:16:27 PM PST
kcarp says:
Another vote for Unmaking Hunter Kennedy! Slightly juvenile, but hilarious! Loved that one! ;)

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 3:44:31 AM PST
NIcky says:
Forcing gravity - Monica Alexander

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 9:30:02 PM PST
Try Breathe by Abbi Glines

Posted on Jan 10, 2013 9:23:01 PM PST
cutiek028 says:
Dedication by Emma McLaughlin is kind of like the aftermath of this plotline:

What if your ex was famous and adored by millions? What would you do if you had one chance to make him regret his entire existence? How much would you risk?
Kate Hollis's ex-boyfriend's face plasters newsstands and TV, the Internet, and the multiplex. Jake Sharpe is one of the biggest recording stars on the planet, and every song he's famous for is about Kate. For over a decade his soundtrack has chased her -- from the gym to the supermarket, from the dentist's office to the bars. Now thirty-year-old Kate gets the call that Jake has finally landed back in their Vermont hometown for an MTV special. The moment she has been waiting for has arrived.

On the eve of their prom, Jake Sharpe vanished, resurfacing when his song "Losing" -- about his and Kate's first sexual experience -- shot to the top of the Billboard charts. And the hits kept coming, each more personal than the one before.

Now Kate gets her chance to confront Jake and reclaim her past. But after eleven years of enduring protracted and far-from-private heartbreak, everyone in Kate's life has a stake in how this plays out. Kate must risk betraying the friends Jake abandoned, the bandmates whose songs he plundered, and her own parents, who fear this will dredge up a shared past more painful than any of them want to acknowledge. But after getting the call in the dead of night and jumping on a plane, can she turn back now?

Posted on Jul 20, 2014 11:13:48 AM PDT
Hidden gem is good and the celeb next door.

Posted on Dec 10, 2014 9:45:50 PM PST
Mehar says:
bump
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Young Adult forum
Participants:  22
Total posts:  24
Initial post:  May 17, 2012
Latest post:  7 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 7 customers

Search Customer Discussions