Customer Discussions > Young Adult forum

Looking for YA Hurt/Comfort stories

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-13 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 25, 2012 5:20:24 PM PDT
E. Walker says:
Hi, I'm looking for YA stories where the male is hurt/injured, and the female comforts him, takes care of him. Love all kinds of settings, dystopia, survival stories, present day, fantasy, with romance thrown in for good measure. Thanks!

Posted on Mar 25, 2012 7:20:25 PM PDT
Hmmm...well, this book isn't fantastic, but it's decent, in my opinion. Maybe try Shelter (Blood Haze: Book One) A Paranormal Romance---it definitely fits your description. P.S. If you have a kindle, you can get it for free.

Posted on Apr 5, 2012 5:35:34 PM PDT
S. Reading says:
Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side I'm not sure if this book would count or not. There is a portion of the book (think turning point) where the main hero is hurt, but it is not the entire preface of the book. Still might be something you will enjoy reading though. The book is about vampires and a vegitarian girl :)

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 10, 2012 4:06:10 PM PDT
E. Walker says:
Thanks for the suggestion! Will add it to my list of books to read. The hero doesn't have to be hurt throughout the book - just somewhere along the way. :-)

Posted on Apr 11, 2012 7:28:48 PM PDT
Mary says:
What about patrick Ness's Chaos Walking trilogy - The Knife of Never Letting Go, etc. There is a free short story that sets up the girl's side of the story and it's quite moving - The New World, I think it's called.

Posted on Apr 12, 2012 8:06:04 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Apr 12, 2012 9:44:20 AM PDT]

Posted on Jun 27, 2012 1:12:31 PM PDT
quarteralien says:
There's some in the Sevenwaters books by Juliet Marillier. It's explicit in book one, and more implied in book 2.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 27, 2012 4:14:28 PM PDT
Wayward says:
Seer of Sevenwaters; another sequel; is almost exactly what she's looking for I think.

What about Graceling?

Posted on Jun 28, 2012 11:12:31 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 28, 2012 11:12:38 AM PDT
read4fun says:
What about Heart's Blood, by the same author?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 18, 2012 11:42:25 AM PDT
bookmuncher says:
I'm not sure if this fits, but the main thread of "Blood Red Road" by Moira Young has a female heroine bravely chasing after the men who kidnapped her twin brother. Another that might work is "Noughts and Crosses" by Malorie Blackmon. The hero gets into serious trouble and the heroine tries to help. This is, by the way, an excellent but fairly tragic love story. Also, "Howl's Moving Castle" by Diane Wynne Jones, in which a young girl is cursed by being turned into an old woman. She goes to work for a handsome young wizard, and several times she must care for him both physically and emotionally. Awesome story. Finally, "Down the Dead Road" by David Nix, in which a homeless teen boy falls for a wealthy girl and she helps him in a slightly paranormal story - really good though. "Shipbreaker" by Paolo Bacigalupa has a similar rich-girl-poor-boy premise.

Posted on Jul 18, 2012 8:11:10 PM PDT
Robin Wilson says:
"Sleeping Handsome" is a short story but the character development and plot are quite developed. The h reads to the H who's in a coma and stumbles upon his diary. I really enjoyed it.

Posted on Jul 28, 2012 5:04:51 PM PDT
quarteralien says:
I was really excited to learn there were more Sevenwaters books. I read them both in about 3 days and they would both fit the OP's description. Next, I picked up Howl's Moving Castle. It's a great story and I enjoyed it, but I don't think it quite fits here. I get the impression the movie has a lot more hurt/comfort aspects to it.

Posted on Aug 1, 2012 10:33:51 PM PDT
E. Walker says:
Hi Everyone, thank you for all these great suggestions - love them. Keep 'em coming!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Young Adult forum

ARRAY(0xa54bd8e8)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Young Adult forum
Participants:  10
Total posts:  13
Initial post:  Mar 25, 2012
Latest post:  Aug 1, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions