Customer Discussions > Young Adult forum

Any Paranormal YA fiction??!!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 42 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 16, 2012 1:21:16 PM PDT
Gold Osita says:
Hello everybody, i am so bored this summer because i do not have anything to do. So i want to keep a company of books. The thing is that: I am a total bookaholic so i have read almost all the Young Adult books out there (not all, obviously 'cause there are still a lot out there). But i've read a lot especially all the popular ones. Like, City of bones series, The iron princess series, Hex hall series, Forbidden by Syrie James, Fallen series by Laury Falter (one of my favorites), Born at midnight series, Vampire diaries, Hush hush, and the others.
Please do not recommend Twilight to me because i am not a big fan. I am in love with Angels and werewolves so that is a clue. If you recommend a book for me, i will tell you if i've read it. If anyone is also looking for a book to read, just post it here. I keep track of every book i read so i can help.
Thank you so much for reading this post. Please give me ideas on books to look for. Thank you!! :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2012 1:35:10 PM PDT
Here are some really good ones that I have and read...Fallen series by Lauren Kate,House of Night series by P.C.Cast,Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead,The Immortals series by Alyson Noel,The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare....happy reading

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2012 1:45:20 PM PDT
Gold Osita says:
i'VE READ ALL OF THOSE, BUT THANK YOU FOR REPLYING. If you have anymore, just tell me :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2012 1:45:44 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jun 16, 2012 1:46:22 PM PDT]

Posted on Jun 16, 2012 6:14:29 PM PDT
hayley says:
The Mind Readers by Lori Brighton! It's free and really good. It's about mind readers obviously lol It's a trilogy

Posted on Jun 18, 2012 10:15:43 AM PDT
Ones I've read and liked: Demon Trappers by Jana Oliver, Devil's Kiss by Sarwat Chadda, Near Witch by Victoria Schwab, Darkness Becomes Her by Kelly Keaton, The Gathering by Kelley Armstrong, Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake, The Faerie Ring by Kiki Hamilton

Red by Kait Nolan (I have this one waiting for me, but I've heard good things. Werewolf YA PNR)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2012 11:13:55 AM PDT
Gold Osita says:
I've read Devil's kiss and Darkness becomes her and The gathering series. I'll try the Faerie Ring and Red. Thank you ♥ ♥

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2012 11:14:33 AM PDT
Gold Osita says:
i'LL TRY IT ♥

Posted on Jun 21, 2012 9:45:23 PM PDT
I just finished Shadow and Bone (Grisha Trilogy) by Leigh Bardugo. So good - I HAD to keep reading it. Magic, some romance, good characters, and I love the worldbuilding.

Posted on Jun 22, 2012 2:28:04 AM PDT
You could try Finding Sky and Stealing Phoenix by Joss Stirling. She's got another coming out at the end of the year. Not angels or werewolves but is paranormal YA. Have you also tried Maria V Snyder's Poison Study series?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2012 3:16:00 PM PDT
Joni says:
If you are looking for a cheap kindle book try The Wretched of Muirwood, Anna Dressed in Blood, Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, Book 1), or Hereafter with Bonus Material (HaperTeen).

If you don't have a kindle I recommend Grave Mercy: His Fair Assassin, Book I (His Fair Assassin Trilogy), Divergent, Blood Red Road (Dustlands, Book 1), or Clockwork Angel (Infernal Devices), which is the sister series to City of bones.

Posted on Jun 22, 2012 3:46:32 PM PDT
Susan says:
I'm in the middle of Existenceand enjoying it.

Posted on Jun 24, 2012 1:47:08 PM PDT
Helen Taylor says:
I didn't see Paranormalcy by Kiersten White on your list. You may have read it, but I'll recommend it anyway.
I feel in love with Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor!
I kinda love/hate Firelight by Sophie Jordan. It has dragons - sorry - draki in it.
Strange Angels by Lili St. Crow, Everneath by Brodi Ashton (well...it's sort of paranormal), Hourglass by Myra McEntire, Forsaken by Jana Oliver, The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa, Wake by Amanda Hocking, Wake by Lisa McMann, Switched (Trylle Trilogy) by Amanda Hocking, Tiger's Curse by Colleen Houck, Mercy by Rebecca Lim, Spellbound by Cara Lynn Shultz, Prophecy of the Sisters by Michelle Zink, Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce, Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs, Dead Beautifulby Yvonne Woon, Juliet Immortal by Stacey Jay, The Near Witch by Victoria Schwab, The Girl in the Steel Corset by Kady Cross, Blood Will Tell by Samantha Young, Drink, Slay, Love by Sarah Beth Durst.
Hope this helped! : )

Posted on Jun 26, 2012 2:50:30 AM PDT
Andi says:
Hi Gold, more supernatural, full of angels and fallen angels, heavy going but brilliant story, the archangels 1st proctor by joshua darcey. tell me if you already read it : - ))

Posted on Jun 26, 2012 4:24:11 PM PDT
How about Jessica Verday
The Hallow
The Hunted
The Hidden
I found it really good!

Posted on Jun 29, 2012 11:35:52 PM PDT
I just finished Convergence and really liked it.
Paranormal/ romance/ YA. Its a new book by a new author so I doubt you would have read it already :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 30, 2012 12:04:03 AM PDT
Kribu says:
As this seems to be the sort of book one doesn't just easily stumble upon - vanity published (by a company with a rather bad reputation, it would seem, and probably unlikely to be found in bookshops), rather expensive, paperback only - could you tell us a bit more about how you found it and what exactly you liked about it? There is no look inside or any other way for anyone to preview it, and at that sort of price, I can't see too many people just buy it blindly, with so many other options around.

I'm probably being too cautious here, but without us knowing more, your posts come off a bit like veiled self-promotion (or promoting a book by a family member or friend), which isn't allowed outside the Meet Our Authors forum.

Posted on Jul 1, 2012 6:44:11 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jul 2, 2012 11:58:42 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 1, 2012 7:14:23 PM PDT
@Sarah-
Please be aware that spamming threads is not permitted by Amazon anywhere, and self promotion is only allowed in the Meet Our Authors forum. You should delete your messages and try announcing your book there instead.

You're welcome to stay in the YA forum and chat with us as a regular reader, though! Thanks.

Posted on Jul 1, 2012 7:24:40 PM PDT
Memo says:
The best way to promote is to contact bloggers Sarah- people are more than happy to read, review and promote your book- free too- readers don't want to hurt your feelings but they want to chat with friends about books- not read ads. You will find the bloggers are the best way to promote- that's who publishers use too- good luck!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 1, 2012 7:54:03 PM PDT
Andi says:
M.L., well put, very thoughtful too. Andi

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 1, 2012 9:15:35 PM PDT
Hey Kirbu,
sorry if my post seemed suspect. My aunt gave me a copy because she knows I like the genre so I dont know where its found or anything like that :)
I liked the main character as i have been on a binge for books with strong female leads lately! Plus it was something different with a cool paranormal/ romance plot. I didnt have to pay the money though so it was a win win for me. I can understand that its not a very mainstream novel, which is why i reccomeded it, as because of its nature i didnt think anyone would have read it! :)
I didnt know that the publisher was suspect ( mainly because i dont really look to much into that type of thing) but the paperback was of good quality so I didnt find anything suspect about it :)

Any way, I'm sorry to cause a fuss :) happy reading!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 1, 2012 11:01:35 PM PDT
Kribu says:
Heh, no problems! Thank you for explaining further - I'm sure some people will find it interesting.

It's just that we've had the occasional wave of authors pretending to be readers in order to self-promote their book, so if someone just suggests a book that seems rather unlikely for people to just stumble upon randomly and that doesn't have any reviews and that is either self-published or vanity-published, that hits the suspicion button for some of us. It's a real pity that things have come to this, as it can make genuine fan suggestions sometimes suspect, too, but unfortunately that's what it's come to.

In any case, I'm glad you enjoyed the book, and it's no fuss at all - we do like to hear about new books here! It just helps to know a bit more about them, especially when there's no look inside, no Kindle version to sample, not a single review and likely no way for people to find it in a bookshop to leaf through it first.

Posted on Jul 2, 2012 9:18:43 PM PDT
SheReadsALot says:
Ink, witches paranormal
UnEnchanted (An Unfortunate Fairy Tale) - free paranormal with fairy tale/ Grimm folklore tied in
Six Moon Summer (Seasons of the Moon, Book 1) - werewolf series - reasonably priced and there's 4 books so far

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 3, 2012 8:24:37 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 3, 2012 8:25:21 PM PDT
LAROTH5 says:
Did you already read The Blue Blood series by Melissa De La Cruz? That is YA paranormal series with a different spin on Angels!
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Young Adult forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Young Adult forum
Participants:  29
Total posts:  42
Initial post:  Jun 16, 2012
Latest post:  Apr 21, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions