Customer Discussions > Zombies forum

I am also looking for a good zombie book, But...

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 76-84 of 84 posts in this discussion
Posted on Apr 5, 2012 8:46:41 AM PDT
Robin M. says:
Me? No thank you. I have plenty of good, free z books already.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 28, 2013 8:48:59 AM PDT
They Feed (Bloodborne)

Maybe this is what you are looking for?

Posted on May 20, 2013 7:22:51 PM PDT
Josh says:
Degeneration

After the accidental release of a terrifying biological weapon creates a zombie-epidemic, a mentally-ill man caught in the midst of the outbreak must battle his deteriorating condition and make his way through the post-apocalyptic landscape of Raleigh, North Carolina in order to save his brother who is incarcerated inside a maximum-security federal penitentiary in the near-by town of Butner.

The Forest of Hands and Teeth

In Mary's world there are simple truths. The Sisterhood always knows best. The Guardians will protect and serve. The Unconsecrated will never relent. And you must always mind the fence that surrounds the village; the fence that protects the village from the Forest of Hands and Teeth. But, slowly, Mary's truths are failing her. She's learning things she never wanted to know about the Sisterhood and its secrets, and the Guardians and their power, and about the Unconsecrated and their relentlessness. When the fence is breached and her world is thrown into chaos, she must choose between her village and her future-between the one she loves and the one who loves her. And she must face the truth about the Forest of Hands and Teeth. Could there be life outside a world surrounded in so much death?

Both books put a fresh spin on a dead genre and those are two I always point people towards. World War Z was overrated I think.

In reply to an earlier post on May 21, 2013 3:54:57 AM PDT
Degeneration sounds interesting. I'll have to check it out. Thanks!

Posted on May 21, 2013 10:12:38 PM PDT
Josh says:
np. I like books with an original twist. Just when I thought it was going one way it went another. the opening of the book reminded me a lot of The Stand in how detailed it got about the outbreak. I like that though since a lot of books go "and then there were zombies everywhere" without telling why aside from a mysterious virus.

I also HIGHLY suggest Day by Day Armageddon. It didn't have the huge twist but WOW! Great miltary detail!

Posted on May 22, 2013 3:27:52 AM PDT
I love books that describe the outbreak too.

In reply to an earlier post on May 22, 2013 3:50:02 AM PDT
Robin M. says:
YES! I love DBDA :)

Posted on May 22, 2013 4:09:29 AM PDT
I just bought Degeneration. Hopefully this will rekindle my interest in zombie books. I've read so many duds I've all but lost interest.

Posted on May 22, 2013 5:16:00 AM PDT
Can I post a link to a zombie stories that I have written, which are available for free on Hubpages?
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Zombies forum (166 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Zombies forum
Participants:  52
Total posts:  84
Initial post:  Mar 13, 2008
Latest post:  May 22, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 12 customers

Search Customer Discussions