Customer Discussions > The Amazing Spider-Man forum

No free shipping for guaranteed release date arrival?!?!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-21 of 21 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 13, 2012 9:12:24 AM PDT
Wow. What's going on Amazon. I was about to make you my all-time video game seller, for games I wanted get on release date, due to the convenience of having it shipped to me for arrival on release date without being charged for it. I was checking out and saw I had to pay? No thanks, I'll just pick it up on the way home from work from Gamestop or Best Buy. Too bad, looks like I'll be shopping from them for games moving forward since you're now charging for guaranteed release date arrival.

Posted on Jun 18, 2012 2:15:17 PM PDT
Jennifer says:
You are absolutely right. Amazon has to go back to offering release date shipping (even .99 is worth it because it comes right to our doors) because on the titles you want to get on release day, the prices aren't usually better on Amazon. I also used to take advantage of the $10 credit and just keep rotating it to the next game I wanted to buy, but when the promotion is the same as Gamestop and without the release day shipping - there's no contest.

Posted on Jun 19, 2012 1:46:06 PM PDT
Tron says:
I did notice that Release Day Shipping had disappeared. I don't understand why though. Having a game sent to your house on the day it comes out? charging about 6-7 dollars extra to have it shipped isn't acceptable considering that I could just pick it up from a local place. If the 99 cent thing is killing you guys, then you don't have to bring it back but at least compromise and not charge 6 or 7 bucks.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012 3:09:46 PM PDT
Jennifer says:
I agree. I live in Seattle and there's 3 Gamestops within a few miles of where I live but I still do enjoy having it waiting at the end of my day without having to stop by the store.

From what I've read, enough people complain, hopefully they'll add it back someday.

Posted on Jun 20, 2012 5:59:33 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 20, 2012 6:02:00 AM PDT
Yeah, like I said, Amazon was about to be my go to place for pre-orders, but there's no way I'm going to hand out the extra money required for shipping to get the game on release day. I always thought they were smart for offering the cheap release day shipping. I think this is a ploy to try and lure people to get Amazon prime, which would give you free shipping for guaranteed release day arrival. Very unfortunate, but I'll just be shopping at Best Buy or Gamestop to get my pre-orders. Even worse, Walmart is giving away 2 free tickets to the movie with their pre-order, and Best Buy is giving a ten dollar gift certificate(or code) toward future purchases. You'd be crazy to pre-order from Amazon. Again, very unfortunate.

Posted on Jun 20, 2012 6:17:22 AM PDT
Philip Cecil says:
This is really upsetting. I was excited to see what this Stan Lee pre-order business was about but I REFUSE to pay that much to get it release day. Gamestop is offering a Rhino add-on if you pre-order from them. Sadly, this made my decision for me. Way to go Amazon...hopefully Stan will be future DLC.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 20, 2012 7:46:40 AM PDT
Jennifer says:
You might want to check with Gamestop because I received the Stan Lee pre-order at Gamestop! Oh..maybe you mean you didn't preorder from Gamestop? I loved the $10 credit toward a future purchase Amazon used to give too - there was no way I would shop anywhere else. Come on Amazon - bring that all back for us! I love shopping at Amazon, but can't spend MORE money on a product to do it!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 20, 2012 8:58:27 AM PDT
hmm, I get the option for release date delivery for free. Maybe its because im subscribed to Prime?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 20, 2012 9:01:15 AM PDT
That's exactly why Frank. you get free two day shipping, which will get you the game on release day if you pre-order it. That's why I think this is a ploy to get people signed up for Prime. I had been considering it prior to see this, and now refuse to get it on that basis alone.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 20, 2012 7:15:51 PM PDT
Tron says:
I got prime for free for a year because I used my college email address.

Free Super Shipper Savings isn't bad though. I think several times I used it I actually got it quite earlier then projected.

Posted on Jun 24, 2012 7:00:49 PM PDT
Shame they are losing so many sales just because of shipping. Oh well, it's not my company, and I guess if it was worth it to them to do so, they'd still offer the cheap release day shipping.

Posted on Jun 25, 2012 4:15:28 AM PDT
Hysler says:
Yeah it sucks, if it weren't for the Stan Lee DLC I would have just bought it at Gamestop or Best Buy.

Posted on Jun 25, 2012 6:47:48 AM PDT
Nicolejjang says:
I just changed my shipping to 1 day shipping getting it on the 26th (tomorrow) at no extra cost.

Posted on Jun 25, 2012 6:52:32 AM PDT
In spite of the fact that I already pre-ordered from Gamestop, I just tested it out and couldn't get free one day shipping, so either you're a prime member and they are doing it for prime members only, or you're making that up, or Amazon hates me in particular and won't give me the free shipping.

Posted on Jun 25, 2012 10:06:37 AM PDT
Nicolejjang says:
Shipping is only free for Prime members, I'm saying I didn't have to pay additional money for my order, it says $60.95 I'm essentially getting it on release day with release day cost of 99 cents. I'm not a Prime member and 1 day shipping is what I chose. I also placed my order back in May.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 25, 2012 10:24:14 AM PDT
I did as well, I'm a Prime member. I placed my order today, contacted them and they gave me the adjustment. I actually had no idea RDS for free for Prime members went away till today. Lego Batman 2 came last week for free without an issue. Weird poilcy change by Amazon.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 25, 2012 10:52:44 AM PDT
Thanks for the clarification. That makes sense then. It's a well-deserved deal for Prime members, but unfortunate that it seems to be a requirement now for free release day shipping. I personally can't justify the expense of Prime for fre release day shipping, especially when it was included for anyone before.

Posted on Jun 25, 2012 5:42:50 PM PDT
Tiso Spencer says:
Wait I'm confused on everyone's problem with the shipping fee? I had release day shipping on this title, not an Amazon Prime user, see that the $0.99 cents is still stated for my shipping and yet now when I check my order it's knocked to 2-day shipping. So am I not getting this game tomorrow that I paid the $0.99 or not?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 25, 2012 11:34:12 PM PDT
Nicolejjang says:
Well Tiso what does delivery date estimate say June 26th or 29th? I had it bump up to two day shipping after RDS and notice the price remained the same yet date of arrival the 29th. I then switched to one day and got the same price yet 26th for arrival.

Posted on Jun 26, 2012 7:26:15 AM PDT
Tiso Spencer says:
My delivery estimate is June 28th. It's not so much of a bother that I won't have this today, it's just I've used release date shipping multiple times and had no problem. Now all of a sudden without warning I don't have it, was bumped to 2-day shipping yet still paid $0.99 for release date as if it was Amazon's way to "smooth" over the problem. I contacted them and they took my shipping charge off and moved it up to 1 day shipping but the entire experience has left me feeling Amazon won't be getting my money for game releases anymore despite the pre-order bonus. Now when I go to work I'll see copies of Spider-Man just staring at me when I could be playing it later tonight, but nope, have to wait for my package from Amazon.

Posted on Jun 26, 2012 8:43:00 AM PDT
Nicolejjang says:
They've been pulling some strings (bad ones!) lately. I don't even wanna start with 3DS games on amazon, you have to pay $7-10 of shipping to get those games on release day and that's crazy. I mean I don't want to pay nearly $50 for a handheld game.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  9
Total posts:  21
Initial post:  Jun 13, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 26, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Amazing Spider-Man
The Amazing Spider-Man by Activision Inc. (Xbox 360)
4.2 out of 5 stars (117)