I have mixed, frizzy ASIAN HAIR! Will it keep my hair straight and sleek? help! No other straighteners have worked :(
asked by M. Nguyen on January 1, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 answers
A
I have naturally curly hair and it makes mine shiny and straight with no frizz
Mcgunnl answered on January 1, 2013
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Hi! I have mixed hair as well and it's super frizzy too! But, this straightener leaves my hair sleek and if it's not humid, my hair has no frizz! I hope this helps answer your question.
Sabrina Anderson answered on January 1, 2013
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have very unruly hair when it's not permed (African American). I have gone months without a perm and decided to go ahead wash/dry my hair, apply some HSi Argon Oil then use this flat iron. It worked wonders on my hair. I would suggest using the heat glove if you have the heat up on this one, it can be turned up to about 400 degrees. Also use a heat protectant on your hair prior to using any heat. My hair is still straight and it's shiny and looks healthy, this Flat Iron is well worth it, and it will definetly work great on your hair as well.
Eliza answered on January 1, 2013
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
It's hard to say. I'm a white female caucasian. I always have processed hair by way of highlights, lowlights, & color. This flat iron is no comparison to others I've had. It leaves my hair soft, manageable; It doesn't dry or frizz my hair out. I get these results even without using the Argan Oil included with the iron. I've never owned a "professional" flat iron before; However, before purchasing this one on Amazon, I've bought my flat irons from Ulta & spent $50-$75 for the same type flat iron with ceramic/tourmaline features & those don't even compare to the quality of this one. I say it's worth a try; you can always return it if it doesn't measure up!
Courtney Patterson answered on January 1, 2013

A
I think if you invest in a straightening spray (to protect your hair) it will work great. I have mine on the highest setting.
And if you are not....Amazon has a great return policy.

p.s. My hair is super thick and natural curl....it has worked great for me :)
Ultimate Consumer answered on January 2, 2013

A
I do too. I'm Mexican & Japanese. I go to sleep with wet hair with a little Moroccan oil in it & its only 10% damp when I wake. It works better when hair is slightly damp. Then I spray chi 44 iron guard on each section as I iron. Once done with entire head I put chi glimmer shine spray on hands & run thru hair a few times. Its the sleekest I've ever gotten it. Going to try hsi brand oil as soon as I run out of Moroccan as it looks to have better reviews & way cheaper good luck!
Jamie Villareal answered on January 1, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
This straightener does not get as hot as some others. But the hot plates have a bit of give to them, so you can get a tight grip on the hair. And the green light is on when its reached the desired temp. So as long as you let it heat up all the way inbetween hair sections, I don't think you'll have a problem. :) The argon oil helps too!
Nessie answered on January 1, 2013

A
I have extremely curly hair and as well as my oldest where my hsir is fine my daughter's a little dryer n rougher. Along with Chi straightening guard works great with this flat iron. I have 2 pictures of my hair attached to this product and u would never know how curly my hair is. I am pleased with this iron.
Scruz answered on January 1, 2013
‹ Previous   1   Next ›