Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Inomata 0787 Triangle Sushi Mold, White
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Pop Ups Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Package Quantity: 1|Style Name: White|Change
Price:$4.68+ Free shipping

on March 31, 2013
I've wanted to make onigiri for the longest time...like forever? Yeah, forever :) So I bought this. Really cheap. Made out of plastic, all you have to do is put the rice into the mold, place the cover over the mold, and squeeze tight for a few seconds. Afterwards, press the bottom of the plastic mold to pop the rice out and you have perfect triangle onigiri. It's also really easy to clean. Not messy either! The mold really compacts the rice into place so you don't have rice fallout or anything, if that makes sense.
on July 4, 2013
This is a very nice onigiri (rice ball) mold, which appears to be very well designed. The smaller part, which some people have referred to as a smaller mold is used to tamp down the rice in the mold (the larger piece). Make a space in the center, into which the onigiri filling can be inserted, prior to putting the two, molded pieces together, if yours, like mine, doesn't have the knobby bits as in the photo currently shown. This makes a tasty treat out of leftover rice, with fish, vegetables, or other leftovers, which may then be eaten out of hand (like a sandwich), at home or away. Add a piece of nori, either wrapped around the entire onigiri or a portion of it, and give yourself a convenient place to hold the onigiri, as well as imparting a bit of crunch, and the additional flavour of the seasoned and toasted seaweed.
on December 1, 2014
This is the only onigiri mold I have ever owned because I've had no issues with it. The size is perfect for those that want to make them for a bento box. It doesn't take up a lot of space in my kitchen drawer, it's easy to clean (and dishwasher safe), and of course it's quicker than molding onigiri by hand.
on May 8, 2016
I bought this on a whim after hand making some creamy tuna onigiri one night. I figured there had to be a faster and less messy way to make onigiri at home and this mold has not let me down one bit! The little button that makes a hole for an umeboshi (I think that's what the button thing is for, not positive, though) is removable so if you're like me and would rather squish in some rice, make a space for the filling yourself, and then fill the rest with rice and mold it all together, you're in luck. The little buttons easily snapped out with a firm press f my thumbs and can be snapped back onto the mold from the opposite side so that they don't get lost and are readily available for use in the future if you so wish. Water works pretty well for a mold release so either run some cool water over your mold before filling it or do like I do and give each side a quick, ha;f-second long spritz of spray oil and you will have no problems with your onigiri sticking in the mold and not coming out properly. This mold is hand wash only, but it is not difficult to clean and especially not difficult if you give it a good rinse after use and use a brush type scrubber on it when you wash it. All the rice and whatever will come right off. There is also a little hanging tab piece attached to the larger piece of this mold and I use that little tab to hang my mold on a nail on my kitchen wall, but I'm sure it would be easily removed with some scissors if you so desired. This is a great, economical little mold that has made making my own onigiri in my own home a breeze. I paid full price for this mold and would not hesitate to do so again because it works so well. Excellent product!
on January 23, 2015
This is a really great onigri mold. It's easy to use and easy to clean. Some of the other reviewers found it to be a little small, but I think it's the perfect size for lunch boxes. I usually make a variety of flavors(different fillings) and put three of them per lunch box. Three of these sized onigri keep my teenagers going to the end of the day. I take four in my lunch box because I'm a bit of a glutton.
on June 19, 2013
BIG TRIANGLES! I used this to make for lunches and it is great. You do use a lot of rice but I fixed that.

I put a lot less rice and just stuff it with a lot of everything. Getting it out of the mold can be tricky (I don't know how many fell apart of me the first time around). It took me some getting use to but in no time I was poping out rice ball in no time!
on February 21, 2016
I love this item! I have been trying to teach myself how to make rice balls and maki rolls. This really helps with the rice balls. My rice balls made by hand are a little...........well..... not pretty, but this item makes it easy to make very nice looking rice balls. I bought a second one to give to my niece in her Japanese themed box of maki and rice ball making supplies. Now on to the next thing on the list.......I want a rice cooker!
on November 12, 2011
We have made rice balls using a coffee cup or our hands in the past and this is MUCH easier. The rice balls come out perfect every time and it is so much faster. For this price it is well worth buying, even if you don't use it very often.
on December 6, 2011
This is so easy to use! Completely simple clean up and makes nice portions. Two portions fill me right up (okay, I'm kind of tiny, but still...). The sushi comes out cleanly and hassle-free. I'd definitely recommend this over using just your hands.
on February 13, 2016
I love this mold! Even though the instructions are in japanese the pictures illustrate how to use this product simply enough. And the triangles come out into a perfect 3 bite size. I have bought two of these(the first was stolen! Just how awesome it is) and would happily buy it again if i had to.